Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Keeping the forum active

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 09:42 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Since I never had lower lights, is it possible to buy some type of plug, wire it up, connect it to a factory plug if it’s one there and use the fog light switch in the car?

Old 09-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Rico.Adams is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Since I never had lower lights, is it possible to buy some type of plug, wire it up, connect it to a factory plug if it’s one there and use the fog light switch in the car?
If you going to use the wiring for the front fog lights then thats cool, I'll post a couple of links where you can purchase a couple of waterproof plugs ... Don't you want the DRL's & the Angle Eyes to come on when you start the car or you want to turn them on when you wish ...

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-27-2021 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Fix QUOTE
Old 09-25-2019, 09:48 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
If you going to use the wiring for the front fog lights then thats cool, I'll post a couple of links where you can purchase a couple of waterproof plugs ...
Thank you

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-27-2021 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Fix QUOTE
Old 09-25-2019, 09:53 AM
Ebay ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-25-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Amazon ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-25-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:18 AM
TJ ... you could fit a time delay switch, if you forget to switch the lights of then next time you start the car the lights can be delayed unto 20 sec before the turn on ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-25-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:02 PM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sam08861
Flying spares has a selection and if you want to go the supersports route, they have these too...

https://www.flyingspares.com/shop/be...er-covers.html

With the pretty good $/pound conversion rate right now, it might help offset the shipping costs. (was quoted 600 pounds recently for shipping a bumper)

I've seen used bumper covers listed very inexpensively, but upon inquiry, they never seem to have them in stock. Perhaps they go too quickly for them to update their web store. (or it's a bait and switch, lol!) Right now, there's a used supersport for 663 pounds, but as I've said, I've had no luck with these actually being available.
I'd only use flying spares as an absolute last resort their prices are rediculous especially for body panels.my advice would be to find a styling company that upgrades the bcgt with the new body kit as bumpers and wings are different so they have to be removed and got rid of.i had almost identical damage to mine and got a wing and a bumper for £800 it even came with the grills .have grills spare if anyone needs any .it's worth ringing around before taking the plunge

Old 09-25-2019, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
I'd only use flying spares as an absolute last resort their prices are rediculous especially for body panels.my advice would be to find a styling company that upgrades the bcgt with the new body kit as bumpers and wings are different so they have to be removed and got rid of.i had almost identical damage to mine and got a wing and a bumper for £800 it even came with the grills .have grills spare if anyone needs any .it's worth ringing around before taking the plunge
Just left a shop that my insurance company backs and has a good following and they won’t even consider aftermarket parts. Dude kinda rubbed me the wrong way because all I said was I wanted to change the look and get a different style bumper and before I finished he went on about using aftermarket parts. I was thinking of getting a OEM supersport bumper and just paying the difference. Then he went on saying they have to do a full scan of the car, so I’m like oh ok..I have the Ross Tech software and he cut me off then saying their stuff is better it gives a complete scan of the car every module every sensor blah blah blah all while I have this look on my face like “ohhh kay, this guy thinks I’m some dummy,” and the head collision guy looking at me like oh crap, this guy must know a thing or two if he has that software.” What really took me back was when I told him I’m looking around still on estimates and he said, I **** you not, “wait, are we doing the repairs or not? I’m not going to waste time looking into all these part for about a hour if we’re not going to do the repairs.” I almost lost it. I think they other guy knew I was pissed and I would think he told him you just talked us out of some work. The main collision guy even tried to get out the whole deal by saying he didn’t really want to get into dealing with a Bentley because it may have some electrical wires damage after the first time he seen my expression and that’s when the main guy got to talking about the scanning.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 09-26-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 12:31 AM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AJ1
Hi guys,

Im super new to the forum and since purchasin my GT-C about a month ago, Ive been glued to it. Ive read back over 50 pages with intensity. Ive bought a 2008 in Diamond black with cream Mulliner interior and it only has 28,000 klm.

I jumped in and introduced myself here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-calling.html , however nobody seemed interested in my question regarding music streaming from my iphone.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd say hello again to all the super helpful folks here and thank you for all the tips.

Andy.
Going off the Thread Topic, I thought someone would say g'day.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Just left a shop that my insurance company backs and has a good following and they won’t even consider aftermarket parts. Dude kinda rubbed me the wrong way because all I said way I wanted to change the look and get a different style bumper and before I finished he went on about using aftermarket parts. I was thinking of getting a OEM supersport bumper and just paying the difference. Then he went on saying they have to do a full scan of the car, so I’m like oh ok..I have the Ross Tech software and he cut me off then saying their stuff is better it gives a complete scan of the car every module every sensor blah blah blah all while I have this look on my face like “ohhh kay, this guy thinks I’m some dummy,” and the head collision guy looking at me like oh crap, this guy must know a thing or two if he has that software.” What really took me back was when I told him I’m looking around still on estimates and he said, I **** you not, “wait, are we doing the repairs or not? I’m not going to waste time looking into all these part for about a hour if we’re not going to do the repairs.” I almost lost it. I think they other guy knew I was pissed and I would think he told him you just talked us out of some work. The main collision guy even tried to get out the whole deal by saying he didn’t really want to get into dealing with a Bentley because it may have some electrical wires damage after the first time he seen my expression and that’s when the main guy got to talking about the scanning.
These guys make me laugh they clearly have too much work and don't need yours I would request to go to a repair shop of your choice as you have no confidence in the shop

Old 09-26-2019, 03:33 AM
Just left a shop that my insurance company backs and has a good following and they won’t even consider aftermarket parts. Dude kinda rubbed me the wrong way because all I said way I wanted to change the look and get a different style bumper and before I finished he went on about using aftermarket parts. I was thinking of getting a OEM supersport bumper and just paying the difference. Then he went on saying they have to do a full scan of the car, so I’m like oh ok..I have the Ross Tech software and he cut me off then saying their stuff is better it gives a complete scan of the car every module every sensor blah blah blah all while I have this look on my face like “ohhh kay, this guy thinks I’m some dummy,” and the head collision guy looking at me like oh crap, this guy must know a thing or two if he has that software.” What really took me back was when I told him I’m looking around still on estimates and he said, I **** you not, “wait, are we doing the repairs or not? I’m not going to waste time looking into all these part for about a hour if we’re not going to do the repairs.” I almost lost it. I think they other guy knew I was pissed and I would think he told him you just talked us out of some work. The main collision guy even tried to get out the whole deal by saying he didn’t really want to get into dealing with a Bentley because it may have some electrical wires damage after the first time he seen my expression and that’s when the main guy got to talking about the scanning.
LOL ... they obviously under estimated TJ ... What you need to do is make a deal with the insurance company & do the work yourself, Insurance companies love saving money, they also understand its going to cost 1000's even if you save them a $1000 they going to let you deal with it, then you can fit what ever you like.
Ive done this in the past they don't care who does the work as long as its done ...

Old 09-26-2019, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
These guys make me laugh they clearly have too much work and don't need yours I would request to go to a repair shop of your choice as you have no confidence in the shop
That’s the thing. Because my insurance company deems this car an exotic, I get to pick anybody I want.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 09-26-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:59 AM
That’s the thing. Because my insurance company seems this car an exotic, I get to pick anybody I want.
Good morning Sir, well that's it you got a green light to do what ever, go for it ...

Old 09-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
LOL ... they obviously under estimated TJ ... What you need to do is make a deal with the insurance company & do the work yourself, Insurance companies love saving money, they also understand its going to cost 1000's even if you save them a $1000 they going to let you deal with it, then you can fit what ever you like.
Ive done this in the past they don't care who does the work as long as its done ...
To them it doesn’t matter. Once their adjuster have all the information and pictures he makes a decision and cuts the check. I can then have it deposited into my bank account or sent right to the shop. I think I might go with the place that fixed the wife RDX and put the running boards on her X6. They will atleast work with me on parts and I do trust them. This one shop was just one in my insurance company network so they guarantee the work for life. (Not like I’m going to keep the care more then 6 or 7 yrs)

Old 09-26-2019, 06:43 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear your troubles TeamJones,

Finding a good body shop or mechanic that actually knows what they're doing is a real hassle in the US and particularly in Indiana. Even the dealers are garbage in my prior experience. I used to live in Indy ~15 years ago and not so many choices as in the northeast. The big Porsche dealer in Indianapolis took 3 months once to fix a clutch. The RR dealer in Zionsville was equally inept. Took them at least 2 tries to fix anything. I hope things are better now.

I ended up having to drive or have the Porsche towed up to Lafayette to Walter, an old German fellow who really knew his stuff. Unfortunately, he wouldn't touch a british car. Hope the old fellow is still around and had a good retirement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping the forum active