Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Keeping the forum active

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Keeping the forum active

So Rico and I had a conversation about how slow the forum has been lately so I guess I’ll try to breathe a little life in here.

Leaving work tonight I didn’t see a small jersey block as I was leaving the parking lot and.....................

I needed a new bumper anyway from someone tapping me while the wife and I were out dining and cracked it. But now it’s going to be put up till it’s fixed.

So I’m asking the forum to help me out. Once I find a bumper what should I look for in a paint shop to entrust them to do a Bentley level job (Besides going to Bentley)?

As I type this the wife is in my ear saying just claim it on the insurance, that’s what we have it for. After about ten minutes she’s starting to sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown

I guess now would be a good time to update my lights 🤔

Old 09-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Rico.Adams is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
So Rico and I had a conversation about how slow the forum has been lately so I guess I’ll try to breathe a little life in here.

Leaving work tonight I didn’t see a small jersey block as I was leaving the parking lot and.....................

I needed a new bumper anyway from someone tapping me while the wife and I were out dining and cracked it. But now it’s going to be put up till it’s fixed.

So I’m asking the forum to help me out. Once I find a bumper what should I look for in a paint shop to entrust them to do a Bentley level job (Besides going to Bentley)?

As I type this the wife is in my ear saying just claim it on the insurance, that’s what we have it for. After about ten minutes she’s starting to sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown

I guess now would be a good time to update my lights ��
Oh I see now what's happened ... ok you got another job on your hands, your right look at it this way bumpers got to come off you may as well do all them other jobs ie lights, as for the paint shop Bentley don't have a paint shop of there own other than in Crewe UK where they build them, even if you take it to Bentley they going to sub the work out to an independent workshop, its defently an insurance job unless you going to do the work yourself, if you give the work out then how you going to do the lights, you could still let the insurance sort it before it goes remove the rest of it do the lights ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-24-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:16 AM
As TJ mentioned, this forum will only succeed if everyone takes part, not just a few of us, we would love to hear from you all how everyone is getting on with there cars, if any of you have had problems & had help to fix do let us know once it is fixed & how you getting on ...

Some have left or don't take part as much which is a big shame, there in-put was a vital part to this forum, hope to see you guys again ...

Well happy driving & most importantly take it easy ...

Old 09-24-2019, 06:06 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Good Morning Guys!

TJ and Rico, all credit to you for breathing life here. I admit I am guilty. I participate in 6 other car forums. These are models for which I have both passionate and technical stakes. One particular model has now captured my interest and will likely be my next car. It's hard not to go where there is a lot more action even though I then become one of the problems.

When I log onto sites, the first places I look are the three columns:
LAST POST
REPLIES
VIEWS
This is a peculiar site. Sometimes there are only a couple of "last posts" in a 24 hour period. Looking at the list of names in that column tells the story of members participating. "Replies" tells a quick story of active threads new and old. But the most peculiar is the views column. The views column, if accurate (and I'm starting to question its accuracy) tells me lots of members and non members stop by here but choose not to participate.....hmmmm.... Some active members here will not post unless a technical issue arises, and yes, there is a high number (relative to other sites) of new members with post counts of less than 4 who sign up to get a problem fixed then never come back. That's a shame as these are members who would make the site more active.

Again, salute to you both for stepping in past just the little mechanical issues and making for a more colorful site. NG too, in Vietnam, participates past just the technical issues so salute Mr. NG!

TJ - I want to comment on your post. First, sorry this happened. Second, you might NOT be listening to your wife's suggestions to call the insurance company for good reasons. Once you report an accident (whether the insurance company accepts or denies the claim) it will "color" the future carfaxes. I know this could sound deceptive, but with such small "cosmetic" damage as replacing a front bumper, your car will forever carry the "accident" mystery on CF and other reporting services....just sayin'....

I'll try to be around more guys...keep up the good work!

Old 09-24-2019, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by BWings
Good Morning Guys!

TJ and Rico, all credit to you for breathing life here. I admit I am guilty. I participate in 6 other car forums. These are models for which I have both passionate and technical stakes. One particular model has now captured my interest and will likely be my next car. It's hard not to go where there is a lot more action even though I then become one of the problems.

When I log onto sites, the first places I look are the three columns:
LAST POST
REPLIES
VIEWS
This is a peculiar site. Sometimes there are only a couple of "last posts" in a 24 hour period. Looking at the list of names in that column tells the story of members participating. "Replies" tells a quick story of active threads new and old. But the most peculiar is the views column. The views column, if accurate (and I'm starting to question its accuracy) tells me lots of members and non members stop by here but choose not to participate.....hmmmm.... Some active members here will not post unless a technical issue arises, and yes, there is a high number (relative to other sites) of new members with post counts of less than 4 who sign up to get a problem fixed then never come back. That's a shame as these are members who would make the site more active.

Again, salute to you both for stepping in past just the little mechanical issues and making for a more colorful site. NG too, in Vietnam, participates past just the technical issues so salute Mr. NG!

TJ - I want to comment on your post. First, sorry this happened. Second, you might NOT be listening to your wife's suggestions to call the insurance company for good reasons. Once you report an accident (whether the insurance company accepts or denies the claim) it will "color" the future carfaxes. I know this could sound deceptive, but with such small "cosmetic" damage as replacing a front bumper, your car will forever carry the "accident" mystery on CF and other reporting services....just sayin'....

I'll try to be around more guys...keep up the good work!
Good Morning, Ciao Sir ... hope all is well, there are a few of us try & take part make the site more exciting, you have played a big part in solving issues, one thing I would like to see if more users would post the end result fixed or not instead of disappearing till the next time.

We all don't know everything we do our best to help but at the same time if we do get it wrong there is nothing lost in someone who does know correcting, I don't have any problem with that.

You Mr deflecting us ... Lol I'm joking mate, off course you have a interest in other makes thats fantastic, we all need a change from time to time.

Nice to hear from you Steve ... Saluti ...

Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Try looking on eBay there are a few on there. Might even find one in you paint color.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:42 PM
TJ ... what's the verdict on the bumper, how much damage or just the bumper ... I think what Mr BWings suggested is the way forward sort it yourself, I'm sure you can sort it with your skills.
You can sort the lights at the same time. Finding a good paint shop cant be difficult with all the contacts you have, anyway you US guys are experts at tuning vehicles ...

Old 09-24-2019, 04:23 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
I went to a couple of collision places today and sent pictures to a few in Illinois and they all came in around $5500 for the bumper, paint and shop incidentals. Guess I'm getting hit with the ol Bentley tax. I just might go through my insurance company and just get it over with. If anyone feels kind enough to point me in the direction of companies that makes nice kits I would appreciate it. If I'm going to get a new one, I might as well see if I can change the look a little.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 09-25-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:03 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Flying spares has a selection and if you want to go the supersports route, they have these too...

https://www.flyingspares.com/shop/bentley-continental-gt-gtc-cgt-flying-spur-speed/gt-gtc-flying-spur-body-trim-wing-window/bumpers-576/bumpers/bumper-covers/bumper-covers.html

With the pretty good $/pound conversion rate right now, it might help offset the shipping costs. (was quoted 600 pounds recently for shipping a bumper)

I've seen used bumper covers listed very inexpensively, but upon inquiry, they never seem to have them in stock. Perhaps they go too quickly for them to update their web store. (or it's a bait and switch, lol!) Right now, there's a used supersport for 663 pounds, but as I've said, I've had no luck with these actually being available.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-25-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:09 PM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Also, I've been eyeballing this kit from Xclusive customs, but have been too busy to pull the trigger as of yet...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Continental-GT-BodyKit-NEW-2017-Xclusive-Design/162736126995?hash=item25e3d43c13:g:iFIAAOSwSutaIWu i

Someone had recently posted getting the front bumper from them so can probably comment on the quality/fit/finish.

(Johnny Hotspur GT, if you're seeing this, was that you? I'd be very interested in hearing your thought/experience with the xclusive bumper!)

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-25-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:49 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Hi guys,

Im super new to the forum and since purchasin my GT-C about a month ago, Ive been glued to it. Ive read back over 50 pages with intensity. Ive bought a 2008 in Diamond black with cream Mulliner interior and it only has 28,000 klm.

I jumped in and introduced myself here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-calling.html , however nobody seemed interested in my question regarding music streaming from my iphone.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd say hello again to all the super helpful folks here and thank you for all the tips.

Andy.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:18 AM
I went to a couple of collision places today and send pictures to a few in Illinois and they all came in around $5500 for the bumper, paint and shop incidentals. Guess I'm getting hit with the ol Bentley tax. I just might go through my insurance company and just get it over with. If anyone feels kind enough to point me in the direction of companies that makes nice kits a would appreciate it. If I'm going to get a new one, I might as well see if I can change the look a little.
Oh thats a heavy price, I suppose its an insurance job but then thats what we pay insurance for.
If you looking at change the look of the front of the car I'll send you a link or 2, check these companies out maybe you can find something you like, they are wholesale but will do one off samples (china) all depends how fast you want the repairs done, Sam's posted some good links & the prices look reasonable, I'll send the links to you on PM ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-25-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:42 AM
I have an idea, there must be 10's of thousands of members or am I dreaming, even so 1000's of members on the forum ...

I ask each member or even non member to post 1 picture of there Bentley's on The Official Bentley Photo Thread ... Come guys we can do this ...

Old 09-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Here are a few I like. I want to add some L.E.D’s this time if I can.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:05 AM
Here are a few I like. I want to add some L.E.D’s this time if I can.

This is the one, would look cool in your colour with the DRL's & do the Angel Eyes ... Nice ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping the forum active