Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Need a video on Changing spark plugs on my Bentley GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2019 | 03:29 AM
|
Tobanla21 is infamous around these parts
Need a video on Changing spark plugs on my Bentley GT

Does anyone have a video of how to change the spark plugs of Bentley Continental GT?

Old 09-27-2019 | 06:19 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tobanla21
Does anyone have a video of how to change the spark plugs of Bentley Continental GT?
Ahhh wished I'd videos mine I did the other week.not that hard to do just a little time consuming

Old 09-27-2019 | 10:58 AM
Rico.Adams is infamous around these parts
Spark Plug Change ...

The parts you need from the dealer are:
1. Upper plenum gasket. P/N 07C133238F
2. 2 Oetiker clamps P/N N10201801
3. 12 Sparks Plugs P/N 101905600B

1. Remove the 3 plastic clip on engine covers. Front, center & rear.
2. Unscrew the 6 torx screws holding down each air box cover.
3. Remove them with filters.
4. Unbolt the 10mm bolt holding each air box in place.
5. Lift the box out a little then unplug the mass air flow sensor before removing.
6. Be sure to cover up the turbo intakes. Really don’t want anything to fall in there.
7. There is a little sensor upfront connected to a vacuum line. Be careful with this. Just pop it off the bracket. I used a panel popper.
8. Unbolt the 2 torx screws holding the fuel rail on to the manifold.
9. Unplug the sensors at the front of the intake manifold, then throttle body sensors, then breather lines to the sides of the manifold.
10. Disconnect the intake hoses to throttle bodies.
11. Now to the rear, remove the Oetiker clamps & pull the hoses off as well the little vacuum lines beside them.
12. Disconnect the vent line on the passenger side by throttle body.
13. Unbolt the 8 torx screws holding the manifold in place and lift it off.
14. The coils come out rather easily. Once again used the panel popper to get out.

After pulling the coils and before removing the spark plugs I vacuumed the area. Could see small pieces of sand and debris around the valve cover. Don’t want that falling into the engine. Because it was my 1st time doing this I did 1 plug at a time on the drivers side. For the passenger side I pulled out all the coils and did all the plugs at once. Put the coils back in the same spot they came out and add a little Vaseline around the boot so they slip into place easier. Dealer said not to gap the plugs just put them in as is. Once done reverse the steps to put back together using the new gasket and clamps.

Little tips:
1. Clean the intake manifold and upper plenum with some Acetone or Brake Cleaner to take off the oil. Gives the gasket a good seal.
2. Tighten up the all the bolts for each side of the upper manifold before install since you got access to the bottom bolts.
3. When reinstalling & before you bolt down the manifold plug the throttle body & front sensors back in.
4. The Sensor plugs are a little tight. Used a flat head screwdriver to push the end out so they open up & come off.

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-27-2019 at 11:00 AM.