Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Egts 2004 Bentley continental GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@Frank ( Sunnyside )
Check out this thread.

Circuit board from Audi Bi-Turbo for Bentley.
From Poland.

Johnny

Old 08-05-2024, 12:45 PM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
I installed the boards from Sid and one side worked and I have to go back and check my solder on the second. I am confident the second board didn't work due to my not getting the solder correct. Big hands in a small space. I left the board/assembly in the car when I resoldered in the new board since I didn't want to mess with removing the sensor from the exhaust and risk breaking off the bolt. I didn't have time to go back in and check the solder on the drivers side yet or resolder it which I expect to clear the code. The error codes on the passenger side cleared up and have not returned. I also left the sealing compound in the uncase on the bottom since i figured it was there to reduce the vibrations to the circuit board or protect it from liquid.

Last edited by Mars911; 08-05-2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2024, 04:16 AM
TonyQuinn
Sidmotorsport Poland

I just contacted these guys and they have the boards.
Do we know if the 4.2 and the 6l have the same boards? I would expect so but if anyone with a 6l has bought them it would be good to confirm.
Cheers

Old 08-06-2024, 12:11 PM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
I used the boards and I have a six Liter W-12, which is known for its fuel economy. Too bad not good fuel economy, just uses fuel.😀

Sid shipped my boards fast.

Old 08-06-2024, 12:23 PM
TonyQuinn
Hi Mars..
Many thanks. Been advised not to do it by a guy I know at hr owen.
I don't think he's putting me off because he wants the work, they are stacked out.
Personally, I don't see an issue. If it doesn't work then the sensor has to come out and they can get on with it.

Old 08-07-2024, 02:55 PM
Bill39568
Originally Posted by TonyQuinn
I just contacted these guys and they have the boards.
Do we know if the 4.2 and the 6l have the same boards? I would expect so but if anyone with a 6l has bought them it would be good to confirm.
Cheers
did you email or call? I emailed both address on his site weeks ago and never got a response.

Old 08-07-2024, 09:35 PM
I had emailed him on a weekend and he responded within an hour. Try emailing him again in case the email was lost. He also shipped it very quickly and it arrived in a week or two.

Old 08-07-2024, 10:55 PM
TonyQuinn
Emailed him and he came back immediately

Old 08-08-2024, 05:09 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I've bought 2 complete egt's. I think if the probe sensors are normally OK, when it comes time to replace mine I will unsolder the probe from the faulty circuit box and solder the original probe into the new sensor box.
I was thinking it might be better to leave the new box sealed and break into the silver cable sleeve and solder the old probe onto the new wires under the sleeve??

Old 08-08-2024, 05:32 AM
TonyQuinn
Probably very sensible.
Unfortunately I haven't got that far yet as I'm out of the country and will be for a few weeks yet.
I've just heard a few horror stories about trying to get the probes out and basically snapping the off at the thread.
My guy at Bentley says they do so many of them they have it down to a fine art.
It's just so expensive to have them do it.

Old 08-08-2024, 07:36 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TonyQuinn
Probably very sensible.
Unfortunately I haven't got that far yet as I'm out of the country and will be for a few weeks yet.
I've just heard a few horror stories about trying to get the probes out and basically snapping the off at the thread.
My guy at Bentley says they do so many of them they have it down to a fine art.
It's just so expensive to have them do it.
Apparently the inductive heater is a must. Unfortunatley I do not have one.

Old 08-09-2024, 05:36 AM
Frank, please let me know how the soldering of the wires from the probe goes versus using soldering to the terminals. Please take pictures and share. What are you going to keep the new circuit board in? I know the issue I had was getting the wires to solder onto the stub/conductor/terminal cleanly. Three of them were close together and was a little tight. I did the soldering with the part in the car and was a little tight.

Old 08-09-2024, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mars911
Frank, please let me know how the soldering of the wires from the probe goes versus using soldering to the terminals. Please take pictures and share. What are you going to keep the new circuit board in? I know the issue I had was getting the wires to solder onto the stub/conductor/terminal cleanly. Three of them were close together and was a little tight. I did the soldering with the part in the car and was a little tight.
Hi Mars?
Mine haven't failed as yet however I'm going on a very long eu trip in the "B" so have amassed a spares package to take with me and a selection of tools.
Perhaps some one with an egt fault at the moment might give my idea a thought. It's hot to me easier to solder the old probe to the wires from the new box without even opening the new box lid??

Old 08-09-2024, 12:58 PM
The box the board is in is not that hard to open and if you just try and wire it to the wires/sensor you would need to know which wire goes with which and you would want to protect the board in a case for protect and to stop water ingress.

Old 08-09-2024, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mars911
The box the board is in is not that hard to open and if you just try and wire it to the wires/sensor you would need to know which wire goes with which and you would want to protect the board in a case for protect and to stop water ingress.
The wires will be colour coded so cutting into the shielded cable and soldering the 2 wires from the old sensor probe to the 2 wires coming out of the new sensor box should be bread and butter work. Then heat shrink insulate the 2 wires and use spare braided outer to finish the job. That's got to be better than opening a brand new egt sensor box.?
This does assume that the circuit board has failed and not the temperature probe.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-09-2024 at 02:32 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Egts 2004 Bentley continental GT