Old 10-24-2019, 03:11 PM
biswajitdg is infamous around these parts
perfect. thanks so much. Wish me luck!

I will post the details once done

Old 10-24-2019, 03:32 PM
Hey Johnny,

Sorry 2 more questions -

1) Regarding the scuderia part for the struts (https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...356/2155/39714) - will this have the active damping for ride control? Is this the OEM part?

2) Is a special program of software is needed for resetting the message?

Thanks

Old 10-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Look at places that sell struts for the first and second generation. Go to Arnott(I would not use them tho) and Aerosus and see if there is a difference in strut make ups and price. I believe you can to it yourself as I didn’t know how myself but with the guidance of this board did a front end job on mines. Everything except for the sway bar.
Hi TJ,
In case you missed it, I covered that is post #11 , Aerosus lists their rebuild kit as fitting all from 2003-2018 of the Conti line.
Hope all is well with you.

Johnny

Old 10-24-2019, 03:54 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hi TJ,
In case you missed it, I covered that is post #11 , Aerosus lists their rebuild kit as fitting all from 2003-2018 of the Conti line.
Hope all is well with you.

Johnny
Yep, I sure did Johnny! Well atleast he knows the board is here to help 🤣

Yes I’m good, thanks for asking. I see Rico was messing with me because I’m on midnights for 6 more days so I be at work bored on the board 😂. I’m still looking for that piece that goes under the steering wheel by your knees that the leather part locks into if that makes any sense.

In this picture I think it’s either 25 or 33. Whomever had the car before me really did a job on it by breaking it and trying to hot glue it back together (you pointed it out to me in another post).

Hope all is well with you also.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 10-24-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
As far as # 1, that would be a 100% OEM Bentley unit just like on your vehicle.

# 2 is iffy, once the new or rebuilt by you unit or units are installed, the suspension system should see that all is functioning as it should be and clear the error itself, if not then you would use the least expensive software and dongle to clear the fault code, and I recommend Ross-Tech, it's the easiest to get used to, I have RT, but also use VAS 5054 with ODIS on a Toughbook CF-19, but it is long learning curve, somewhat.

Ross-Tech site

https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

Originally Posted by biswajitdg
Hey Johnny,

Sorry 2 more questions -

1) Regarding the scuderia part for the struts (https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...356/2155/39714) - will this have the active damping for ride control? Is this the OEM part?

2) Is a special program of software is needed for resetting the message?

Thanks

Old 10-24-2019, 04:24 PM
Administrator
So not to highjack the OP's thread and take it off topic, I started a thread "Calling TeamJones" for you.
JJJ

Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
In this picture I think it’s either 25 or 33. Whomever had the car before me really did a job on it by breaking it and trying to hot glue it back together (you pointed it out to me in another post).

Old 10-24-2019, 04:28 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
So not to highjack the OP's thread and take it off topic, I started a thread "Calling TeamJones" for you.
JJJ
Shoot..thanks for steering me back on track. When I’m on a roll and posting I forget who’s thread it is...

My apologies biswajitdg

Old 10-24-2019, 04:37 PM
No worries TeamJones. I know I speak for several of the readers - the immense help this board provides. And for people like you all to take time from your schedules to help people is truly awesome.

Thank you all once again.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:27 AM
What's the difference between 3W8616039L and 3W8616039K?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Administrator
It has to do with standard VS. sport suspension, which do you have in your vehicle?
The "L" is shown as "PR-1BK" code and is standard, while the "K" is shown as "PR-2MA" and is the sport.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...39714?h=814959

Bentley Mulsanne 2011]
(1BK) Standard running gear:
424mm429mm

Bentley Mulsanne 2011]
(2MA/2MB) Sports running gear:
414mm419mm

Old 10-28-2019, 02:55 PM
These are what I was going to order. Am I on the right track?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Scuderia quote.pdf (22.6 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-28-2019, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by biswajitdg
These are what I was going to order. Am I on the right track?
Your quote does not show us any information as to the L Vs. K version of the struts, so please update us as to which version you picked, and if you took the information off of the sticker on either of the front struts.

As far as item #2 in the list, the damper, that is up to you, how many miles on your 2013, as that item normally comes as part of the lower control arm, and may be pressed into place on said control arm, not sure at this moment, but depending on your mileage and saving $400ish, it's your call.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:21 PM
Administrator
Like this..

Old 10-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Sticker appearance and placement, roughly.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:52 PM
I looked up the parts based on the Vin number and confired it with Scuderia. Haven’t really taken a picture of what is under now. But can do that before I order the parts if you think that would be ideal

QUOTE=Johnny Hotspur GT;4808017]Like this..

[/QUOTE]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strut Replacement in 13'Continental GT