Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT ‘05 No radio stations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 09:17 PM
Il Dandi is infamous around these parts
Bentley Continental GT ‘05 No radio stations

Hello,

i have a 2005 Bentley Continental GT. Suddenly i didnt have no more radio: it can’t find no radio stations also it can’t find the cd player. Maybe somebody know what is the problem.

thanks in advance.

Dandi.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
Tell us more about it. Head unit powers on? What error messages does it give (if any) when you try and select radio or CD? Or does the display look normal but you just get no sound? Do you get sound for anything else like NAV through the unit?

Old 01-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Samhain
Tell us more about it. Head unit powers on? What error messages does it give (if any) when you try and select radio or CD? Or does the display look normal but you just get no sound? Do you get sound for anything else like NAV through the unit?

could not get the navi tell anything also dont really know how the nav works. I could enter an adress so navi loads. Head unit works. When pressing cd it says: their is no cd player available. When pressing phone it says: telephone not available. Is their a way to reset everything or a fuse i can pull that it will reset? I cant upload images :s

Old 01-10-2020, 09:00 PM
There should be in the fusebox under the steering wheel a fuse you can pull to reset the J253 ZAB (head) unit. I *think* it should be fuse 17 but I'm transposing from my Phaeton and thinking it should be the same.

Head units can go bad over time. They also have some connections in the back for peripherals (like the CD player) that may have become disconnected.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:20 PM
There should be in the fusebox under the steering wheel a fuse you can pull to reset the J253 ZAB (head) unit. I *think* it should be fuse 17 but I'm transposing from my Phaeton and thinking it should be the same.

Head units can go bad over time. They also have some connections in the back for peripherals (like the CD player) that may have become disconnected.

head unit is new its like 1/2 years old

Old 01-11-2020, 11:44 PM
You have a 'new' head unit in a 15 year old car?

Old 01-14-2020, 11:25 AM
You have a 'new' head unit in a 15 year old car?
jep, it was stolen.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Il Dandi
jep, it was stolen.
Hello Dandi,
You have to be more precise and give us the full story, we can not help you with the vague information you have provided.
So please elaborate on your issue, such as , was all working fine and then just one day stopped working, or was your vehicle broken into and you have not got it to operate correctly since ?
I know you say "suddenly", but after the theft did the head unit see and display the CD player, is it still in the glove box, who installed the head unit, if the white or beige antenna plugs are not seated correctly the AM-FM will not play, I had this issue on a unit I had, the seller ripped the plugs out leaving a loose connection and after I installed said head unit it stopped displaying the FM stations, I pulled the unit out and put pressure on the beige plug IIRC and the FM worked once again, had to solder the connection...

But, Please give us some info.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-14-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello Dandi,
You have to be more precise and give us the full story, we can not help you with the vague information you have provided.
So please elaborate on your issue, such as , was all working fine and then just one day stopped working, or was your vehicle broken into and you have not got it to operate correctly since ?
I know you say "suddenly", but after the theft did the head unit see and display the CD player, is it still in the glove box, who installed the head unit, if the white or beige antenna plugs are not seated correctly the AM-FM will not play, I had this issue on a unit I had, the seller ripped the plugs out leaving a loose connection and after I installed said head unit it stopped displaying the FM stations, I pulled the unit out and put pressure on the beige plug IIRC and the FM worked once again, had to solder the connection...

But, Please give us some info.

Johnny

hi, i will try in my best english.

radio worked always good. Then they broke in only stole the head unit. New head unit came from the bentley factory(new). New head unit was placed by an official bentley dealer. Radio and everything worked fine again cd’s everything. Just as normal then one day i started the car and no radio stations available anymore and the errors i mention above

the errors says:

telephone not available and
their is no cd player available

maybe pull out the head unit and check the wire connections

hope the story is clear now.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:03 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes with high end high battery dependent cars they close down temporarily un essential systems like the phone , radio , CD etc ., if the battery drops below a predetermined voltage .

So if you go for drive for say 1/2 hr assuming the alternator is functioning correctly and the LHS battery can hold charge .......those things recover .

So what state is the LHS battery ?

Old 01-15-2020, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by John Fiammetta
Sometimes with high end high battery dependent cars they close down temporarily un essential systems like the phone , radio , CD etc ., if the battery drops below a predetermined voltage .

So if you go for drive for say 1/2 hr assuming the alternator is functioning correctly and the LHS battery can hold charge .......those things recover .

So what state is the LHS battery ?
i have a ctek battery charger but not the v12 (cigarette) plug is it still possible to charger the battery or check it whitout the cigarette charger? But with the clamps

Old 01-15-2020, 04:49 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Il Dandi
i have a ctek battery charger but not the v12 (cigarette) plug is it still possible to charger the battery or check it whitout the cigarette charger? But with the clamps
YES, if you are saying that you have the positive and negative clamps hooked up directly to the battery post, do you have this ctek on the "HOUSE" battery, the left side battery, not the starter battery.
As to your issue, as John F stated, tell us if your batteries have been low, does the vehicle sit for awhile at times, or is it a daily driver, is the ctek on the battery when the vehicle when not in use, have you had to jump start the vehicle at all ?

Johnny

Old 01-15-2020, 08:10 PM
I'm surprised that someone ripped off your head unit. Only useful in another Bentley or a Phaeton.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:11 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Old 01-17-2020, 10:16 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Randy V
Sorry, but no, it's not similar, the OP in the linked thread has a NAIM system, and the issue is just sound, whereas this poster has issues of no display of stations...
or CD display.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-17-2020 at 10:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT ‘05 No radio stations