Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Does anyone do their own maintenance on their Bentley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2021 | 12:53 PM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dark Green
Yes, but it's no worse than trying to translate some of the American colloquialisms used on here into English.
By way of example I offer two of the very recent postings on the battery charging thread. I genuinely have no idea how orange juice containers relate to the charging of batteries, nor do I understand the significance of the difference between "lite" and "light", and Google Translate seems unable to help.

Totally get it. As a mod for a US Maserati forum, and being fortunate to travel extensively to the US I'm mostly OK with the US use of English

C

Old 05-04-2021 | 07:19 AM
H-M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
I think the confusion is the use of the terms "all" and "pulleys", of course one would NOT change out the following pulleys, such as, water pump, A/C compressor, power steering, alternator, and the crankshaft pulley, unless they had an issue with either of these pulleys, although one would change out the two serpentine belt idlers with their built in pulleys, and the serpentine belt tensioner and it's idler/pulley as @CatmanV2 stated, and as your indy stated @H-M3 .

Here is a picture of my 2014 engine showing said pulleys in red to change.

Johnny

yes! Thanks JH those are the ones he recommended. Now anybody know if the drive belt is shared with other marques as the belt alone is coming over £130 pounds!

Old 05-06-2021 | 06:13 PM
Thumbs up Update

Thought I give you guys some update with maintenance. All I can say is if yours has not had the brake lines changed last several years then it is best to check them. The bolts etc seize or rust on them. One would thought that being a B badge car they would use decent nuts n bolts but I guess they won’t make money that way. My indie has picked up the arb bushes shot including the arb drop link bushes. Now do anyone know if the bushes on the ARB can be changed or is it a complete arb Jobbie? Thanks
if you guys have time then enjoy my indie videos

Old 05-06-2021 | 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by CatmanV2
I'll chip in as it's the only way to learn! I *think* I see three idlers. One either side of the crank pulley and one top right. No idea if they *are* idlers, but seems plausible.

C
for the plastic idlers are the brand INA decent, has anyone used them before?
thanks