Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Cabin Air Filter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Cabin Air Filter?

I've gone through the manual but see no reference to a filter for the cabin fresh air intake?

I'd be surprised if this car doesn't have one.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks for any insights.

Old 01-30-2020, 04:23 PM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Randy V
I've gone through the manual but see no reference to a filter for the cabin fresh air intake?

Am I mistaken?

Thanks for any insights.
Your Continental should have two of them under the hood. Very easy to replace.

Old 01-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Sorry I don't have a wider shot...

JJJ

Am I mistaken?

Thanks for any insights.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:16 PM
.Much thanks gents!

Old 01-31-2020, 12:28 PM
What's the trick to remove them?

It looks like there are little tabs on the lower edge but can't see how to move them.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:47 PM
What kind of jackass posts a DIY video then spends 24 minutes filming himself trying to figure out how to actually do the job?

Incredible!

This is the only CGT cabin filter DIY on YouTube.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:02 PM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
When I did mine I used a boxcutter to slice out the middle of the filter and then worked it all out through the opening. Then you can reach inside and unlatch the tabs.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:43 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Randy,
I can not believe I just watched that, and my screen survived.....

JJJ

Old 02-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
What's the trick to remove them?

It looks like there are little tabs on the lower edge but can't see how to move them.
Randy if you pull on the tabs on the side of the filter housing they will drop down allowing you to change the cabin filter they are brittle but use a wide bladed prise tool.if your in the UK I have cabin filters as I had to buy in bulk years ago and use these on my Bentley and they work perfectly

Old 02-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Randy,
I can not believe I just watched that, and my screen survived.....

JJJ
Right? Incrediuble.

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Randy if you pull on the tabs on the side of the filter housing they will drop down allowing you to change the cabin filter they are brittle but use a wide bladed prise tool.if your in the UK I have cabin filters as I had to buy in bulk years ago and use these on my Bentley and they work perfectly
Thanks sir. I'm only seeing tabs on the bottom of the filter frame - the side closest to the windshield when the hood is open.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:43 AM
Any guidance on how to remove these filters?

Old 03-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Administrator
Any guidance on how to remove these filters?
Hello @Randy V
Here are some pictures I just took, it was my first time removing them, be careful as I can see someone broke one of the tabs on the smaller filter, probably learning how to remove them.
So with your thumb applying pressure to the top of the frame, and you finger pulling on the tab, it takes a great deal of pressure and pulling, if you do it one tab at a time as I did for the pictures, do not pull the one side out to far, then unlatch the next tab.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 03-20-2020 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Administrator
It does take a bit of pressure, I just did it a second time to get pictures of the filter housing frame to show the broken catch, the smaller one actually has 3 missing, but just to inform you that it does make a loud click when I unlatch the larger filter, almost like it is cracking, braking, but it is fine as seen in these next pictures.
Plus I had a friend living in there....

Johnny

Old 03-20-2020, 04:01 PM
Much appreciated JH!

looks like your filters could do for a bit of a cleanout. Guessing mine look the same inside.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:54 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Worth everyone removing and either replacing or hovering out looking at those pics .Thx J.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cabin Air Filter?