Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley boot lock problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2020 | 10:31 AM
JGib is infamous around these parts
Any help here? . 2004 GT Continental. When I bought the car the door switches would not release the truck or fuel flaps (I am told the switches have power to them and at the fuse box under the dash) . The trunk would release with my 3 button key fob. To put fuel in the car I would need to open the trunk and manually release the fuel door by pulling down on the fuel door motor cable. Now the key fob will not release the trunk lid. Any idea on where to start looking? I got the trunk lid opened with the manual release. Could it be a relay or fuse?

Old 07-10-2020 | 02:04 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Any luck

Last edited by Yoghurtshotgun; 07-10-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2020 | 07:57 AM
JGib is infamous around these parts
Yoghurtshotgun - So far I haven't seen a reply to my dilemma. Can take a swing at the door switch if you think its worth a shot. Happen to have a part number?

Old 07-10-2020 | 08:40 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @JGib ,
This is odd, do you have another thread for this same issue, I know I posted pictures, part number, and a listing for the circuit board for the door switch panel, I will look for it now.

Also, I somehow missed your comment from back in June it looks like, so when you need me, just add @ my user name to your comment, because sometimes I do not receive the email notification telling me that someone replied to a thread I am subscribed to, or part of.

Johnny

Old 07-10-2020 | 08:46 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JGib
Yoghurtshotgun - So far I haven't seen a reply to my dilemma. Can take a swing at the door switch if you think its worth a shot. Happen to have a part number?
Try this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372985825001

Old 07-10-2020 | 08:54 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBi
Bentley Edison is horrible. They are unresponsive and failed to procure warranty parts in a reasonable amount of time. Use FC Kerbeck for parts they are fair with pricing.
​​​Hello @MBi ,
I am sorry you feel that way, I can say that I have never had any issue with BOE, in fact, the parts dept manager Steve gave me his cellphone number for after hour calls if I have any questions, Steve is beyond helpful and reliable.

As far as procuring parts, it's most likely the factory/warehouse that causes that issue, yes another dealer may have an item in stock, but dealers do not typically order parts from each other, unless the part is on a long backorder status, then they will call around to other dealerships.

Was this you only one time issue ?

Johnny

Old 07-11-2020 | 09:26 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by JGib
Hello ​​​​​​@JGib,
I knew that I had posted about this part...
See post #57 for links.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...age=4&t=435766

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-11-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: correct link
Old 10-20-2024 | 08:24 PM
Mark Smith is infamous around these parts
Boot Unlock with velet key

Anybody know where to jury rig a switch to open the trunk if I only have a valet key? 2012 Supersports. I checked if the emergency switch would open the trunk, but it does not.

Old 10-21-2024 | 11:46 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
valet key can not be used to open the trunk,

you need to have the main key to be recognized by the car and authorise to allow you open the trunk by button (both B on the trunk or from inside by pressing the trunk-open button on the door panel.

Old 10-21-2024 | 07:32 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Anybody know where to jury rig a switch to open the trunk if I only have a valet key? 2012 Supersports. I checked if the emergency switch would open the trunk, but it does not.
Hello ​​​​​​@Mark Smith ,
Being that you have a 2012 Supersports, there may be some confusion as to exactly which trunk latch setup you have on the 2012 GT SS, as a 2012 GT is the second generation, with the second generation body style and all electronics, the 2012 GT Supersports is shown to retain the first generation body style and some interior item, although the 2012 SS has the 2nd GEN instrument cluster and Infotainment head unit, therefore, I can not pinpoint which trunk latch mechanism you actually have, if a first generation, then I think your hot wiring of a switch to pop the trunk lid would be out of the question, as the 1st GEN is a motorized latch assembly with learning points and sensors along with a multiple pin plug and harness, it also uses a electronic microswitch on the emergency release handle, bad design, no power, no opening of the lid, whereas the 2012 2nd generation trunk latch assembly is much simpler, has only a 4 pin plug, along with a physical manual cable from the emergency handle to the latch release, therefore no power needed at all, if you have the second generation latch assembly, then my thinking is that like on some Audi's, the 4 pins are as follows, some show only 3 pins used, 1 pin for ground, 1pin for latch release, 1 pin for the microswitch to show the lid is fully closed.

If it turns out that you have the 1st GEN latch assembly, I can look through the wiring diagrams to see if it pinpoints any release wiring specifically, I am thinking not, as can bus and the trunk lid control module comes into play, but I will look tomorrow.

Johnny

1st GEN latch assembly. .

>

2nd GEN latch assembly with manual emergency release cable to handle. .

2ND GEN LATCH MECHANISM. .

2nd GEN latch part number. .

4 Pins on 2nd GEN latch mechanism. .

Old Today | 06:05 PM
Mark Smith is infamous around these parts
Trunk opener workaround

Hi @Johnny Hotspur GT , You describe the car perfectly, and I fear you are also correct that it has the Gen One micro switch release with the fairly complex wiring feeding the trunk latch mechanism. I have no idea how my mechanic got this trunk open when the battery died and with just the velet key, but I have kept it open ever since! If you find a way to wire a safety release, let me know, but part of the issue is for now I only have a valet key, which works great except for the trunk and gas cap door actuator, so I would like to wire "switched power" direct to the trunk latch. somehow. I also lost my brake lights, but I think that may be either because of the BCM and related wiring or the ABS wiring having been severed over the left front wheel.

Last edited by Mark Smith; Today at 06:10 PM. Reason: Picture added