Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2020 | 08:41 AM
|
Sirpopple is infamous around these parts
Bentley boot lock problems

Hi,
I have 2004 Bentley Continental GT
I have got a problem with my boot lock, the boot is not the powered version all wiring checks out I.e no breaks but neither will the boot release on the drivers door or the push button on the outside of the boot operate the boot lock, however the electric emergency release in the boot will operate it. I have checked all fuses and made sure there are no wiring breaks from the boot lid into the boot, can anyone advise where I should look next.

Old 03-01-2020 | 07:23 AM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sirpopple
Hi,
I have got a problem with my boot lock, the boot is not the powered version all wiring checks out I.e no breaks but neither will the boot release on the drivers door or the push button on the outside of the boot operate the boot lock, however the electric emergency release in the boot will operate it. I have checked all fuses and made sure there are no wiring breaks from the boot lid into the boot, can anyone advise where I should look next.
Hi mate I had exactly the same problem on my 2004 .in the end I bought a window/boot switch for a pheaton for £50 they are exactly the same but you just need to swap the circuit board to your Bentley one. Weirdly the boot button started working also so not sure if they are controlled by a main controller but it worked for me.flying spares wanted something stupid like £350 so its worth looking for one

Old 03-01-2020 | 09:24 AM
|
Hi

I have checked the window / door switch with a multi meter and all checks out do you know where the control box is?

Old 03-01-2020 | 12:31 PM
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Hi

I have checked the window / door switch with a multi meter and all checks out do you know where the control box is?
Sorry I don't it has to be a fuse somewhere get your multi meter and back probe all the fuses in the boot by battery and see if you get any luck

Old 03-01-2020 | 01:29 PM
|
Thanks, tried that as well, looks like it is going to be a trip to Bentley, I hope not.......

Old 03-01-2020 | 02:19 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Sirpopple.
Can we get a little info, did you just get the vehicle, or have you had it and this was not a problem until recently, do you have the proper key-fob with the 3 buttons, including the trunk release button, or is it a valet key-fob (2 button), and as I can not recall at this very moment, is there a valet switch in the glove box on the 04 ?

One thing to check would be to see if when you place your finger or thumb on the "B" button, do the tail lights flash, or do the golden yellow lights that shine on the console/shifter from the rearview mirror illuminate, its tough during the daylight to see the mirror lights if not impossible, so check in the dark, that would at least show that the B button on the trunk is functioning.

Johnny

Hi,

Old 03-01-2020 | 02:26 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Some wiring diagrams, and rear body CM location.

This is something I have not seen on my 05 rebuild either when removing old 05 complete wiring harness, or when installing the 07 harness, a "HINGE SWITCH", maybe that could be interfering with the proper operation.
But I will wait for your answers to my questions.

Johnny

Old 03-02-2020 | 01:02 AM
|
Hi Johnny

I have recently purchased the car this was a known fault the previous owner had disconnected all wiring and the muppet had also broken the Bowden cable in attempting to get access to the trunk this is on the list to replace, i am in the process of doing a rebuild and upgrade. I will try to answer each of your questions.
1, The Key fob is a 2 button and i have 2 of these Key fobs that came with the car my thinking was that the 3 button version was for the powered Trunk?
2, I have replaced the trunk opening button that is on the outside as this was faulty
3, I have continuity checked all cables from the Trunk trio the inside of the boot to rule out any broken cables
4, There is no micro switch that i can see, nor a mercury type switch either but i will have a closer look tonight
5,is the control box C00408 under the parcel shelf?
6, i will check what you ask about the B button and the valet switch

Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Steve

Old 03-02-2020 | 01:04 AM
|
Hi Johnny

I have recently purchased the car this was a known fault the previous owner had disconnected all wiring and the muppet had also broken the Bowden cable in attempting to get access to the trunk this is on the list to replace, i am in the process of doing a rebuild and upgrade. I will try to answer each of your questions.
1, The Key fob is a 2 button and i have 2 of these Key fobs that came with the car my thinking was that the 3 button version was for the powered Trunk?
2, I have replaced the trunk opening button that is on the outside as this was faulty
3, I have continuity checked all cables from the Trunk trio the inside of the boot to rule out any broken cables
4, There is no micro switch that i can see, nor a mercury type switch either but i will have a closer look tonight
5,is the control box C00408 under the parcel shelf?
6, i will check what you ask about the B button and the valet switch

Really appreciate your help

Thanks

Steve

Old 03-02-2020 | 06:47 AM
Administrator
Hello Steve,
That is your problem right there, you need a 3 button key-fob, it has nothing to do with the 2006 version of the power lift and close trunk lid, the 2 button key-fobs are valet key-fobs and they disable access to the trunk and the glove box, meaning the physical key blade will not unlock the glove box, and the electronics of the 2 button key-fob render the trunk button and the drivers door trunk lid release button non operational for opening the trunk lid.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 03-02-2020 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2020 | 07:49 AM
|
Thanks, Johnny i will get one purchased do i have to go to Bentley to get it programmed?
Thanks
Steve

Old 03-11-2020 | 07:15 PM
Administrator
Thanks, Johnny i will get one purchased do i have to go to Bentley to get it programmed?
Thanks
Steve
Hello @Sirpopple Steve,
Sorry for the late reply, You can get a key service kit at the dealer, I got both 3 button keys from Bentley of Edison NJ for $620.00, but then they wanted between $350-$400 to program them, so I did it myself with a CarProg to read the SKC from the 93C86 chip inside the KESSY module located under the carpet LHD, then with the secret key code I used my Ross-Tech to program the new keys to the vehicle, be aware, do not buy a used key off of ebay or elsewhere unless it has been revirginized, because once a key is paired it can not be used on another vehicle unless it has been wiped, that I have not done, nor have I seen one, but sellers online claim it to be...

Johnny

Old 03-12-2020 | 03:14 AM
|
Thanks Johnny......

Old 06-12-2020 | 01:27 PM
JGib is infamous around these parts
Hi Johnny. Its me again. 2004 GT Continental. When I bought the car the door switches would not release the truck or fuel flaps (Im told the switches have power to them and at the fuse box under the dash) but the trunk would release with my 3 button key fob. To put fuel in the car I would need to open the trunk and manually release the fuel door by pulling down on the fuel door motor cable. Now the key fob will not release the trunk lid. Any idea on where to start looking? I got the trunk lid opened with the manual release. Could it be a relay or fuse?

Old 06-12-2020 | 11:00 PM
MBi
MBi is infamous around these parts
Bentley Edison is horrible. They are unresponsive and failed to procure warranty parts in a reasonable amount of time. Use FC Kerbeck for parts they are fair with pricing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley boot lock problems