Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hard Reset The Amplifier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello All,
Jim, that is not the amplifier across the top of the trunk, it is a trim cover for the twin subwoofer box mounted there, the NAIM amplifier is mounted in the same location as would be the standard amplifier, and that is behind the starter battery on the right side (LHD USA).

John F, those holes are factory, but do nothing for ventilation for the because of their location, I will most likely retrofit some Audi A8L vents as shown in my attached picture.

Johnny

Old 03-09-2020, 05:37 AM
JimBT is infamous around these parts
Thanks for putting me right Johnney.

Below is a photo i took of my Amp, but no stickers visible to tell what make it is.

Amp

Old 07-15-2020, 10:27 AM
Nealebro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Same here, I have not heard of any "Hard Reset", did you check the 3 fuses for the NAIM amp ?

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

Been doing a bit of reading up to try and understand why my 2015 GTC with a NAIM system has no sound. The car has been laid up in the garage since March and I forgot to install the charger so the battery went pretty much dead. The starter battery was fine but the system battery (on the left) was complaining and causing electric window and soft door close issues along with ACC, ESP and car levelling warnings. These have all gone away once the battery was charged and I took the car out for a short burst but...............the sound system looks ok visually, just no sound on any of the outputs (TV, phone, radio etc). I also had no DAB signal icon on the tuned station, which has now gone since the soft reset.

I have been through all hard reset options, including the 3x 20A fuses in the L/H fuse panel, which my local dealer also advised, and still no sound. I have the car booked in for further investigation but don't particularly want to pay $300 or so just for them to tell me that the amp is bad. Do you have any further suggestions before I wave the white flag?

Thanks

Neale

Old 07-15-2020, 12:28 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Nealebro ,
Can you give me a little more information, does the screen display any error such as pictured below, what happens when you press the NAIM button ?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=435710

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-15-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:14 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Your amp is toast.

Scroll down and read the thread titled No Sound for the fix.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:27 AM
No audio after system battery died

Hi Johnny,

My system doesn't look like the image (see attached). I don't see a NAIM button in any menu. Could it be more recent or perhaps mine being UK spec??

This is generally my "home page"

Here you can see no DAB signal icon

This is the set-up menu but nothing relating to NAIM or volume muting in any option

This is the TV screen showing an apparent Mute setting and no signal

Old 07-16-2020, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Hello @Nealebro ,
Sorry, I forgot that you have a 2015, so you have the new style 2012 and up head unit that is touchscreen and no side buttons.

May I ask for pictures of door panels showing the NAIM logo along with the rear sub woofer showing same.

Next to rule out any bad antenna problems, I know you said you tried TV, Radio, and Phone etc, but you did not mention the CD player or NAV for sound, so let's try to play a CD, as to the mute being displayed, it's a wild guess but, did you press the volume **** to un-mute ?

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-17-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Administrator
@Nealebro ,
It's also odd that the TV is showing channel 41 as mono and more importantly that it an analog TV station, there is no analog anymore, correct, or do you have analog still in your area.

As to if it is a NAIM system, then you should have some presets of NAIM sound fields to choose from, maybe under general settings, audio, or possibly tone, maybe other here with a 2012 and up can chime in with some information on the NAIM settings.

Johnny

Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
@Nealebro ,
It's also odd that the TV is showing channel 41 as mono and more importantly that it an analog TV station, there is no analog anymore, correct, or do you have analog still in your area.

As to if it is a NAIM system, then you should have some presets of NAIM sound fields to choose from, maybe under general settings, audio, or possibly tone, maybe other here with a 2012 and up can chime in with some information on the NAIM settings.

Johnny
Yes indeed. My 2015 Naim system has sound presets specifically for Naim. I can upload photos if it helps ?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:22 AM
Question

Hi Johnny,

Really appreciate your help on this, certainly has me stumped!

Ok, pictures of NAIM system attached.
CD/DVD/TV?NAV and all external media inputs have no sound. You mention the TV image, that was me playing around so a red herring. The TV certainly has picture but no sound.

Regards the volume mute......the On/Off button serves as the head unit volume control in tandem with the steering wheel control. I have searched high and low to find a mute button, must be a way, but nothing I can find.........even my Mitsubishi Outlander has that!!

Regards the NAIM settings, yes, there is the tone button on the console which gives you access to the standard EQ settings and a few other functions but no master volume or mute options.

One thing I noticed today when I was getting these pictures is that, after messing around with the console the volume control throws up a "Voice" slider bar rather than the normal "Audio" bar. The Voice slider also does not increment as you turn the volume ****. The only way to reset this is by going through the CD <> + voice control reset sequence....odd. Not sure if that helps or hinders!
Door speaker grill

Sub-Woofer in trunk with beautiful Axminster padding

NAIM amp with starter battery removed

Radio with Voice volume slider?? Sorry about the dust

Media screen with same........all functions show the Voice slider

Media screen after reset

Same for radio

Old 07-17-2020, 07:28 AM
Administrator
Hello @Nealebro ,
I am not sure as to the 2015 head unit as far as the muting, but on my 2010 head unit the volume **** itself is also the mute button, one tap of the **** inward (press) puts the volume on mute, and displays the speaker with the slash (mute symbol) that you have.
Hello @AJ1 ,
Could you please check how mute works on your 2015, is it the same as my 2010 headunit, the1st gen 2003-2011 all had the volume **** that also acts as the mute button.

Johnny

Old 07-17-2020, 04:28 PM
AJ1
There is no "mute" button Johnny. If I press the volume button (as in the Gen 1), it turns the screen off, kills the sound and displays a small digital clock. So its more like a "power" button than a mute.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by AJ1
There is no "mute" button Johnny. If I press the volume button (as in the Gen 1), it turns the screen off, kills the sound and displays a small digital clock. So its more like a "power" button than a mute.

Thank you @AJ1 for that information, so where does the mute come in as shown in @Nealebro 's pictures, if you turn the volume all the way down does the mute icon appear, just trying to get as much information before suggesting taking the amp out for repair as @Randy V had done.

Johnny

Old 07-17-2020, 04:46 PM
AJ1
If I turn the volume button all the way down (as in the second picture) it displays a small mute icon in the top left next to the FM icon.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM
Administrator
@AJ1 Thank you !!
And Good morning

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hard Reset The Amplifier