Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:29 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Youre welcome, happy to help.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Nealebro ,
Now that we know that the 2012 and up infotainment head units only mute once you turn the volume all the way down, and I take it that the yellow slider scale is the volume level, we now know that your head unit is not on mute, my confusion was that the earlier head units have no volume level display, and one can mute at any level...

So, being that you have pulled the 3 fuses and have done the head unit 3 button reset, that is I assume by your comment "media screen after reset" that you have, if so, have you pulled the 3 fuses or disconnected the batteries for a last try ?

I would be giving a once going over of the 2 plugs on top of the amp along with the blue power supply plug as shown in your picture of the amp, along with a last pull of the fuses.

If all fails, then it's time to pull the amp and send it in for repair as Randy stated...

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-17-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Also just to touch on an issue that came up some 2 years ago, and @TeamJones1962 recently linked the video to, I had researched this back then and I still call it a kind of BS move on Bentley's part, as the amps in the NAIM for Bentley system are just that, a NAIM amp, at least they have "NAIM" and "Reference 1" on them, so like in the video that Dennis Harris posted to YouTube the 2012 GTC had a NAIM for Bentley amp, part number "3W0 035 466 J", the replacement amp from Bentley was a "4W0 035 466 B", later revised to "4W0 035 466 C", my issue with both of the replacement amplifiers is when running the part numbers neither amp has any reference to NAIM at all, in-fact the amps show that they are made in Malaysia and have the name "Premium Sound Solutions", and if you look the part numbers up on Scuderia they are called "Booster" for sound systems, no mention of NAIM at all, and if you look up the "4W0 035 466 A" it is a Blaupunkt amp, so how are these to be NAIM amps for the NAIM system, and to top it off, the price is just as much...

End rant..
sorry
Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-17-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:53 PM
AJ1
I hear you Johnny. But have you heard a Naim in action ? Whether its made by Naim, Booster, Premium Sound, I dont care who makes it or indeed its title. It just sounds "alive" like the music production was intended to sound - with the correct high def input like from an original cd. Im making my comparison to my previous gen 1 that didnt have Naim sound and didnt come close.

Yes I agree, all these different names are bs, but in my opinion, I let the music do the talking.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:49 PM
Administrator
@AJ1 ,
I fully understand what you are saying, I have the NAIM system in my 2005 GT rebuild, where I installed the NAIM 3W0 035 466 amp, proper head unit with the NAIM settings, I added the NAIM front center tweeter, changed out the rear tweeters with NAIM tweeters,
and added NAIM rear subs, the sound is amazing !

My issue is that these replacement amplifiers that are not labeled NAIM at all, may not have the full potential as the original NAIM amps, I know when I called and spoke with Dennis (from the video) some time ago there was some issues as to the quality of the sound from the owner of the vehicle, which made me think if these replacement amps had the proper NAIM sound fields software as the original, I know when I put the NAIM head unit in without the NAIM amp, the sound menus were all present but the sound was off, it was clear but lacked bass, and separation...

I only mention all this because I know that if I paid $1500-1800 for a used 4W0 and the sound quality was not the same, I would be upset to say the least.

So if anyone has purchased and installed 4W0 B or C in a NAIM system, let us know.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-17-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:55 PM
AJ1
So, given that mine is a 2015, what amp will be in there, one of the sub standard replacements ?

Old 07-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by AJ1
So, given that mine is a 2015, what amp will be in there, one of the sub standard replacements ?
No, being that you have a 2015 you would have the same NAIM amp as pictured by Nealebro,
as long as it is original.

Johnny

Old 07-17-2020, 09:17 PM
AJ1
Heres my amp pictured....

Old 07-17-2020, 10:00 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by AJ1
Heres my amp pictured....

That is not your amp, that is your sub woofer, your amplifier is behind the starter battery.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:17 PM
AJ1
Just testing you

Old 07-17-2020, 10:20 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by AJ1
Just testing you
LMAO !!
I am going to sleep now, work in 7 hours....
Talk tomorrow all..

Johnny

Old 07-18-2020, 01:38 AM
Nealebro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AJ1
Youre welcome, happy to help.
Morning all,

Thanks for the activity and input thus far. I’m pretty sure now that I’m not doing anything stupid or missing anything obvious so I have ordered up a new amp 😢. Apparently it’s end of line stock, so a down level unit but higher than my current one and brand new. Bit of an eBay punt although a great price so we’ll see if that sorts everything out. I can then get my existing unit repaired. Keep you posted!!

Old 07-24-2020, 09:45 AM
Nealebro is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up All is well with Naim Amp

Hi All,

Update on the NAIM amp with no sound. New amp fitted, worked straight off the bat....phew! Just for the sake of testing my sanity, and to be sure it wasn't a plugging issue, I refitted the old amp........no sound whatsoever. So, good in one way but bad in another. Anyhow, amazes me what can go wrong with a car when it's not being driven!!

I'll send the old amp off to a buddy of mine for repair, although I did take off the covers to to have a good look at the PCB's and no signs of burnout on any tracks or components. I did read that these amps suffer with corrupted software, although can't imagine what software there is on board an amp?? Perhaps it's just a little bit of bootstrap firmware being referred to??

By the way, my new amp was of the newer part number range but still no fan. P/N 4W0035466 with no A, B or C suffix but PA4 on the label so maybe the fan was implemented only when manufacturing went to Malaysia. Old amp was P/N 3W0035466J with PA3. Amps I've seen around with the later gen part numbers....and fan seem to be PA6

All the best and thanks for the help

Nealebro

Old 07-27-2020, 12:18 AM
AJ1
Thanks for the update and happy conclusion Nealebro

Old 10-18-2020, 09:45 AM
CrossRam36 is infamous around these parts
MAIM working, but inferior sound quality

My 2014 GTC has the NAIM system, but the sound is inferior to what I experienced in my 2007 GTC. I've tried changing the NAIM setttings and there are subtle differences, but still not at all what I expected. Radio, satellite or CD all sound okay, but nowhere near what I had in the 2007. Any suggestions or settings I may not be aware of?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hard Reset The Amplifier