Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hard Reset The Amplifier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 04:25 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CrossRam36
My 2014 GTC has the NAIM system, but the sound is inferior to what I experienced in my 2007 GTC. I've tried changing the NAIM setttings and there are subtle differences, but still not at all what I expected. Radio, satellite or CD all sound okay, but nowhere near what I had in the 2007. Any suggestions or settings I may not be aware of?
I went from a 2008 standard system to a 2015 NAIM also found it lacked something and spent hours with different settings. Im now completely happy with the Naim, its a different sound altogether from conventional in car systems, more so its ALIVE.... Its a very personal thing what one eye likes, the other doesnt so to speak. Try a quality cd with the base turned to about 80% and treble 60% with vocals 30%. switch ENHANCED on and try minor tweaks from there. The Naim sound reproduces the recording the way it was intended to be heard and in my opinion its superior to anything ive heard before.

Also, have the roof up and all windows closed when listening for your optimum levels.

Last edited by AJ1; 10-18-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added final paragraph
Old 10-19-2020, 04:39 PM
CrossRam36 is infamous around these parts
AJ1,

Thanks for validating that I'm not the only person whose initial impression of the NAIM was less than overwhelming. Question - I have bass, treble and mid. You mention bass, treble and voice. Assume mid = voice? I'll keep tweaking.

Old 10-19-2020, 04:45 PM
AJ1
Yes CrossRam, mid = voice. Yell out if you need any more help with this one, im happy to give you all my settings if required. As you know there are many more than these three.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:05 PM
AJ1 - It's getting better. Do you prefer Surround All, Front or Rear? I know it's a matter of taste, but if you don't mind sharing your other settings it might save me non-driving time in the seat. I still have the 2007 and take it for a ride just for the sound.

Old 10-19-2020, 05:34 PM
AJ1
After setting mine up with a Naim Acoustics expert, we found these settings worked beautifully. I particularly like bass, so I tweaked it a touch higher than he recommended. If you listen carefully, youll hear so many more instruments than a regular system can reproduce. Hope this helps....

Old 10-19-2020, 05:38 PM
Fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait for the wife to take it for a ride and see what she thinks!

Old 10-19-2020, 05:43 PM
AJ1
You're welcome.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:49 AM
AJ1 or anyone else who might know,

In continuing to play with the NAIM system I noticed that if I remove any two of the three amp fuses the unit still works and still sounds pretty much the same. Only if I remove all three do I lose sound completely. My thinking was that each one of the fuses controlled a specific function or device, such as the subwoofer. My hope was if removing one fuse made no difference in the sound then knowing what that one fuse controlled would help me narrow down my search. I'm still not convinced everything is working as designed. Any insights?

Also, just because I pulled out the rear seat armrest and discovered this tool I thought I'd ask this group if anyone know what it is for?

What might this be?

Old 10-24-2020, 12:22 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @CrossRam36 ,
I myself found it odd that Bentley designated three 20 amp fuses to the amp, maybe it's just to protect the 3 hot leads themselves as they felt it was better running 3 smaller hots instead of 1 larger hot that would equal the 3, I question this because when I opened up the amplifier itself, I saw that all 3 hots where bridged together on the circuit board, so are the 3 grounds, so the pulling of 2 fuses in any combination will still give you sound until you overload it and blow the single fuse.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 10-24-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Johnny,

Well, that explains it clearly enough.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and clearing this up.

CrossRam Kurt

Old 10-24-2020, 01:59 PM
AJ1
Originally Posted by CrossRam36
AJ1 or anyone else who might know,

In continuing to play with the NAIM system I noticed that if I remove any two of the three amp fuses the unit still works and still sounds pretty much the same. Only if I remove all three do I lose sound completely. My thinking was that each one of the fuses controlled a specific function or device, such as the subwoofer. My hope was if removing one fuse made no difference in the sound then knowing what that one fuse controlled would help me narrow down my search. I'm still not convinced everything is working as designed. Any insights?

Also, just because I pulled out the rear seat armrest and discovered this tool I thought I'd ask this group if anyone know what it is for?

What might this be?
This tool is for manual soft top operation.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:36 AM
jonas ernst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello All,
Jim, that is not the amplifier across the top of the trunk, it is a trim cover for the twin subwoofer box mounted there, the NAIM amplifier is mounted in the same location as would be the standard amplifier, and that is behind the starter battery on the right side (LHD USA).

John F, those holes are factory, but do nothing for ventilation for the because of their location, I will most likely retrofit some Audi A8L vents as shown in my attached picture.

Johnny

hello

Im Jonas from switzerland and have a continental gt2014 with naim my amp is chanced for a new one with fan (5000$)🤯

soundsystem works but the subwoofer sucks no power at all and from 25% vol the sub can not handle the power...

so i chanced the sub for a new one 1300$🤯 but its not much better... the sub has no air on the top of the trunk... does any one has a idea to make it good?

thanks

Old 11-02-2020, 11:08 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jonas ernst
hello

Im Jonas from switzerland and have a continental gt2014 with naim my amp is chanced for a new one with fan (5000$)🤯

soundsystem works but the subwoofer sucks no power at all and from 25% vol the sub can not handle the power...

so i chanced the sub for a new one 1300$🤯 but its not much better... the sub has no air on the top of the trunk... does any one has a idea to make it good?

thanks
Replace them (I think it’s two back there) with aftermarket and add a sub amp. Take the whole enclosure out. There are some really nose shallow depth subs out there that will sound a lot nicer unless you regather go with a custom box in your trunk with the ski pass as the the port to the cabin.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 11-02-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:55 PM
kehen is infamous around these parts
Is there a circuit diagram for this amplifier. I really need it. Thanks . 4W0045466B

Is there a circuit diagram for this amplifier. I really need it. Thanks . 4W0045466B .

Old 04-29-2022, 05:16 AM
BentleyF is infamous around these parts
reset of touch screen radio

I reset mine on the touch screen by holding down the two arrow buttons on top left side and the Eject button hold these down all at the same time until system reboots. These buttons are located to the on both sides of dvd/cd slot. (back, forward Button and Eject)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hard Reset The Amplifier