Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2004 bgt front suspension low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2020 | 10:36 AM
|
Yoghurtshotgun is infamous around these parts
Its strange the ride was great and suspension worked quickly when operated I haven't hit any potholes or bumps hard then suddenly they both dropped.what do you think of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312765552028

Old 03-23-2020 | 12:46 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Its strange the ride was great and suspension worked quickly when operated I haven't hit any potholes or bumps hard then suddenly they both dropped.what do you think of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312765552028
@Yoghurtshotgun ,
As far as what happened, I would be jacking it up and removing both front wheels, then lowering the front suspension onto 2 jack stands to simulate being on the ground somewhat, put it in the highest level setting and spraying the top (under the bonnet), and the bottom of the strut, along with the air line that feeds each.

As far as the replacement you listed, I would be asking them if their units maintain the OEM active dampening valve, or if they use a resistor to fool the suspension system control module into thinking that the OEM equivalent is still in place, that is what arnot does with their "NEW" design, no active dampening, just a fixed valve setup with a resistor.

Johnny

Old 03-23-2020 | 01:14 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
See videos that Louis from Audiworld made to show leaks.

Start at around 4 minutes.

Start at 2 minutes .

Johnny

Old 03-23-2020 | 01:45 PM
|
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
See videos that Louis from Audiworld made to show leaks.

Start at around 4 minutes.

https://youtu.be/qebq36a5rvo

Start at 2 minutes .

https://youtu.be/kcNCA6hG7ug

Johnny
Thankyou Johnny once again top info

Old 03-24-2020 | 06:24 AM
Administrator
what do you think of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312765552028
I would have to say that after my 4 messages back and forth with Quella at that company, I will be staying away, I can not get a straight answer, first I am told "OE Design" but won't answer my question as to active dampening, then told "Brand new", no kidding, really, then told "Brand new type", still won't use any words about dampening,
then when I asked again for the third time about OE active dampening, I was told "this is not a coil over setup, it's a air suspension", no s$%t, really, and lastly the latest reply was "Not OE, but Brand0new type" what ever the zero means, it's not the first time Quella wrote it that way...

Maybe I will call if I find the number for some straight answers.

Johnny

Old 03-24-2020 | 06:43 AM
|
I would have to say that after my 4 messages back and forth with Quella at that company, I will be staying away, I can not get a straight answer, first I am told "OE Design" but won't answer my question as to active dampening, then told "Brand new", no kidding, really, then told "Brand new type", still won't use any words about dampening,
then when I asked again for the third time about OE active dampening, I was told "this is not a coil over setup, it's a air suspension", no s$%t, really, and lastly the latest reply was "Not OE, but Brand0new type" what ever the zero means, it's not the first time Quella wrote it that way...

I'm getting a similar response I'll try another link
Johnny
ill try another vendor see what answers I get back

Old 03-24-2020 | 06:47 AM
|

I'm getting a similar response I'll try another link
Johnny

Old 03-24-2020 | 06:52 AM
Administrator
Just to be clear, Aerosus as I listed above, has confirmed that they have the 100% OEM design with the Active dampening in their struts.

Johnny

Old 03-24-2020 | 07:58 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
I went with Aerosus after talks with Johnny and the Arnott rep that comes in here. Trying to find the cheapest price wasn’t even on my radar when it came to my suspension. Yes certain things you can look around for, but to get OEM struts I found is either Bentley or Aerosus. I didn’t like the fact of information being left out of the description of function. To me that’s like lying to the consumer when the average Joe just want his car fixed not knowing he’s not getting one major function of that part. Many on here have used Arnott and are happy, but they probably never notice that they don’t have that function either. I mean would you buy a Chrysler Sebring that was turned into a Bentley? 🤣🤣

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 03-24-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2020 | 10:02 AM
|
Ok so I bit the bullet and pulled the shock to get a better visual .is there a way I can bench test the strut? I've put air in it with a pressure line? Will it work without electrical connector attached ?

Old 03-24-2020 | 10:04 AM
Administrator
Yes, the electrical strut and the bag are two different pieces.
what happened when you put the air in ?

Old 03-24-2020 | 10:12 AM
|
Yes, the electrical strut and the bag are two different pieces.
what happened when you put the air in ?
ive not done it yet ive done it with Rangerover bags I just didn't want to damage anything I'll get the air line and see what happens

Old 03-24-2020 | 10:24 AM
|
Ok so think I've got it pumped with air and spayed with soap

Old 03-24-2020 | 11:12 AM
|
Johnny not trying to cheap out but here in the UK these cars aren't that sought after and relatively cheap for the car it is so my question is if the cheaper struts don't have active dampening what does that do and as the car only leaves the garage for a quick run or a wedding or prom will it make a while lot of difference? I could buy the cheaper 2 and do both for the price of one arnot .

Old 03-24-2020 | 02:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny not trying to cheap out but here in the UK these cars aren't that sought after and relatively cheap for the car it is so my question is if the cheaper struts don't have active dampening what does that do and as the car only leaves the garage for a quick run or a wedding or prom will it make a while lot of difference? I could buy the cheaper 2 and do both for the price of one arnot .
I understand, if that is the case, you could use these at under $200 each, now I have never used these so I have no opinion on their quality...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323366361743

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 bgt front suspension low