Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 11:11 AM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gordonm
If you follow this video correctly once it works like a charm! This is all you need... I just got my Bentley a week ago and it has worked flawlessly - way better than in my 2017 audi I had with all the latest tech including apple play etc. Apple play and wireless bluetooth in the Audi was "the latest standard" and it seriously sucked big time. Forget about ever connecting wirelessly in the audi and Apple car play - very spotty.

If you have more than one phone you need to make sure you disconnect from the one phone before you try to play the other ... Just go on bluetooth, hit bentley and disconnect and now the other phone can play. Simple but effective.
What year and model are you saying "it works like a charm"?

Old 01-12-2021, 12:09 PM
Gordonm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
What year and model are you saying "it works like a charm"?
i have a 2012 gt mulliner

Old 01-12-2021, 02:03 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Thanks but not quite what I was thinking of.

The one I saw before does not require removal of the CD changer.

There is a cable coming off the CD changer in the glove box that has a connector designed to plug directly into the old style iPods. The BT receiver plugs directly into that cable then wirelessly streams from your phone or other portable device to the head unit when you select the CD option on the head unit.

I'll see if I can find it here on a search.

Originally Posted by xclens
I have an aftermarket bluetooth transmitter in mine, and as soon as I install my new "Tesla-type screen" in a month or so, I will go ahead and sell it. (This ISN'T an ad!!)

This Grom Audio USB car kit was in my 2007 GT when I purchased it:

https://gromaudio.co.uk/products/gro...h-capable.html

You simply take out the CD changer in the glove department and use the same plug for this little device. You are then able to use a USB cable to your phone.

I added their bluetooth module to make it wireless:

https://gromaudio.co.uk/grom-audio-b...td-add-on.html

I haven't added a mic yet, so I haven't used it for calls, but it works great to stream Spotify, etc.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:32 PM
Gordonm is infamous around these parts
If your car is 2011 and newer ( i think) you do not need to mess with any annoying bluetooth receiver! If you follow this video to the tee you will add the bluetooth factory setting and it works like a charm. That is all i can tell you. What year is yours?

Old 01-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@Randy V ,
This what we discussed in your thread about the cable slot mounted under the CD player, it was the option that was available for 2009-11 vehicles to plug in an iPod, USB, or 3.5 mm jack, as they sold different cables to plug into the slot, these BT adapters are available after market.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-12-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:30 AM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gordonm
If your car is 2011 and newer ( i think) you do not need to mess with any annoying bluetooth receiver! If you follow this video to the tee you will add the bluetooth factory setting and it works like a charm. That is all i can tell you. What year is yours?
https://youtu.be/76wbpguEgQ0
As I stated in post #6 above.......It doesn't work on my 2013 GTC. If you view the video at the 2:00 minute mark you will see an option to select media player. I do not have media player as an option on my system so I can't select it.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
As I stated in post #6 above.......It doesn't work on my 2013 GTC. If you view the video at the 2:00 minute mark you will see an option to select media player. I do not have media player as an option on my system so I can't select it.
​​​Hi @Linescreamer ,
Is it possible it was an option for 2013.... I would think not, one would hope, do you have a built sheet ?

Johnny

Old 01-14-2021, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
​​​Hi @Linescreamer ,
Is it possible it was an option for 2013.... I would think not, one would hope, do you have a built sheet ?

Johnny
I should be more clear. I have a media player as part of the Naim Audio system. What I don't have is the ability to select media player from the driver infotainment panel via thumb wheel for blue tooth streaming. At the 2 minute mark in that video he selects blue tooth and then media player. My infotainment panel shows media player but it is not select-able.

Last edited by Linescreamer; 01-14-2021 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:57 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Yo J man!

Yes, I purchased the Bovee 1000 and it was plug and play. The cable off the CD changer plugs into this little unit then I paired my phone to it. Perfect streaming.

I did have to eject all the CDs for the head unit to recognixe the streaming unit. Maybe there is a way to stream without removing the CDs?

Anyway, for $89.00 it is a slick solution.

Amazon Amazon

Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
@Randy V ,
This what we discussed in your thread about the cable slot mounted under the CD player, it was the option that was available for 2009-11 vehicles to plug in an iPod, USB, or 3.5 mm jack, as they sold different cables to plug into the slot, these BT adapters are available after market.

Johnny

Old 12-27-2023, 07:43 AM
karmelitos is infamous around these parts
Did you find the solution? I am having the same problem with Bentley Continental GT V8S from 2016... There is no bluetooth menu, on the main screen I can see Bluetooth icon but I cannot tap on it.