Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
Bluetooth streaming

Is it possible on a 2013 GTC? I read about the dice system. Just can't believe my android playlist or spotify will not play on the Bentley sound system?

Old 10-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
I just watched a video that shows menu options to connect a phone via Bluetooth and media option on the infotainment system. However it seams that menu option is not available on my 2013 GTC. Am I missing something? It seams strange that I can hook up for calls but not stream music

Old 10-04-2020, 03:30 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
You should definitely be able to stream music from your phone wirelessly via bluetooth. You must be missing something. It will play any playlist, spotify, even radio apps youve installed will stream.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by AJ1
You should definitely be able to stream music from your phone wirelessly via bluetooth. You must be missing something. It will play any playlist, spotify, even radio apps youve installed will stream.
Thanks for the reply. I see you have a 2015. Mine is a 2013 GTC. Are you sure the 2013 can stream androids via blue tooth? I have watched videos on how to set it up and they are apple only. The menu on the instrument panel is similar but I am missing one option that prevents me from Bluetooth set up for media. I can Bluetooth calls but not any playlist or stream spotify.

If anyone has a 2013 GT and can stream music via Bluetooth please reply.

Old 10-05-2020, 03:41 PM
AJ1
I doubt its the "2013" infotainment system that's causing the problem for you, more likely a setting on your android phone, personally, id be looking closely at that. Next option would be to make the switch to iphone. I'm not aware of any changes to the bluetooth from a 2013 to a 2015.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Ha ha. I will drop dead before I will use an Iphone. Besides the menu option for media is not showing up on the Bentley's driver information panel so I doubt it is a phone problem.

I am following these video instructions ->

Once my phone pairs for calls, I push in on the silver wheel (On steering wheel) and select
- Phone
- Bluetooth
Here is where I am supposed to select media player (However the media player option doesn't appear on my driver information panel)

Does anyone know why?

Old 10-05-2020, 06:28 PM
AJ1
(Maybe an iphone works but an android doesnt...just sayng) OK, firstly the youtube clip has a title "2012-2018 Bentley infotainment ..." so as I said earlier, there's no difference between your 2013 and my 2015. Secondly, don't use the steering wheel to select the Media, use the touch controls on your infotainment screen (once you have paired your device), thats where youll connect easily. I have a sneaky feeling the problem lies in your android. Hope this helps

Old 10-06-2020, 01:44 PM
I have tried that. Why would my andriod prevent a driver information center menu option from showing up? This is crazy.....I have paired this phone with 20+ cars and never once have I only been able to pair for calls and not audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:02 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
What Android phone are you using and when was the last time you did a software/firmware update on it?

Old 10-07-2020, 10:53 AM
I have tried 3 phones and talked to Samsung tech support.

Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge
Samsung Galaxy 8+
Motorola Droid Maxx

All have the latest version of software

The Samsung tech support people had me reset the Bluetooth network settings and then said call the dealership it's not the phone.

It really comes down to the menu option (for media player under phone/Bluetooth) not being available on the driver information panel. The infotainment screen shows the Bluetooth option it's just not activated.

I am wondering if there is a setting on the infotainment system that allows the driver information panel to see the media player as a Bluetooth device?

Anyone have a 2013 GT or GTC with a menu option for Bluetooth media player (under phone)?

Last edited by Linescreamer; 10-07-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:06 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
That’s really weird. I’m surprised a dealer in your area won’t look at it for you just because.

Old 01-11-2021, 03:30 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Speaking of bluetooth...

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket bluetooth transmitter?

I read on a previous thread that there is a BT transmitter that plugs into the iPod cable coming off the CD player in older CGTs.

I'm looking to add streaming to my 2009 CGT.

Thanks for any clues.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:28 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Randy V
Speaking of bluetooth...

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket bluetooth transmitter?

I read on a previous thread that there is a BT transmitter that plugs into the iPod cable coming off the CD player in older CGTs.

I'm looking to add streaming to my 2009 CGT.

Thanks for any clues.
I have an aftermarket bluetooth transmitter in mine, and as soon as I install my new "Tesla-type screen" in a month or so, I will go ahead and sell it. (This ISN'T an ad!!)

This Grom Audio USB car kit was in my 2007 GT when I purchased it:

https://gromaudio.co.uk/products/gro...h-capable.html

You simply take out the CD changer in the glove department and use the same plug for this little device. You are then able to use a USB cable to your phone.

I added their bluetooth module to make it wireless:

https://gromaudio.co.uk/grom-audio-b...td-add-on.html

I haven't added a mic yet, so I haven't used it for calls, but it works great to stream Spotify, etc.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:00 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Here are a couple of pictures. It was the guy I purchased the car from (who personally imported the car from Japan) who installed this unit.

He ran a USB extension cable from the glove department through the middle console to the middle rear compartment. There he used a retractible USB to lightning cable to plug into his iPhone to play music. As I didn't want to use a cable (and I have an Android) I went ahead and purchased the bluetooth adapter. The bluetooth adapter has a 3.5 mm slot for a mic, but I haven't installed one.

Again, this isn't an ad, but I will be selling this setup in the future, so I just wanted to put that notice out there in case anyone has any interest in it.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:45 AM
Gordonm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
Ha ha. I will drop dead before I will use an Iphone. Besides the menu option for media is not showing up on the Bentley's driver information panel so I doubt it is a phone problem.

I am following these video instructions -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76wbpguEgQ0

Once my phone pairs for calls, I push in on the silver wheel (On steering wheel) and select
- Phone
- Bluetooth
Here is where I am supposed to select media player (However the media player option doesn't appear on my driver information panel)

Does anyone know why?
If you follow this video correctly once it works like a charm! This is all you need... I just got my Bentley a week ago and it has worked flawlessly - way better than in my 2017 audi I had with all the latest tech including apple play etc. Apple play and wireless bluetooth in the Audi was "the latest standard" and it seriously sucked big time. Forget about ever connecting wirelessly in the audi and Apple car play - very spotty.

If you have more than one phone you need to make sure you disconnect from the one phone before you try to play the other ... Just go on bluetooth, hit bentley and disconnect and now the other phone can play. Simple but effective.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth streaming