Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley up on the hoist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2020 | 12:37 AM
|
Iain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud of
Bentley up on the hoist

I've finally gotten round to put the Bentley up on the hoist I installed a few months ago, had to test it out with all the other cars before putting it up, just in case. The hoist has worked out great, almost exactly as planned in Sketch-up.

I also did a cut and polish, and put a Graphene coating on it. It really makes the red deeper and the shine is amazing. I'll be refurbishing the wheels, the previous owner was not that good at parking, and I a crack in the front wings, just behind where the bumper stops. I'll take the inner panel off and reinforce it, and fix the fine crack with some touch up paint. I'll also be looking for something to protect the lip of the front spoiler, seems like the PO had a steep driveway or something, lots of scratches. I'll also be painting the grill black, something I've wanted to do for a while.

It will be up in the air for a few weeks whilst I fix all the little things, and change all the fluids and oils, doing a smoke test and changing the park lights to LEDs, so if anyone wants some photos of anything under the car , just let me know..

Old 10-17-2020 | 07:04 AM
MBi
MBi is infamous around these parts
Well done with the exact planning. How deep would you go in repairing your car at home? Any issue with the vacuum lines?

Old 10-17-2020 | 07:48 AM
LarrysFlyingSpur is infamous around these parts
very cool, did you model those vehicles yourself?

Old 10-17-2020 | 09:53 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
That's a great setup, I'm jealous. Good work.

What in the world is that other huge vehicle that the Bentley shares the space with? Is it covered with solar panels?

We have a joke in the 'States from a very dumb 80s movie ("Stripes") about an "urban assault vehicle", it reminds me of that.

Old 10-17-2020 | 03:26 PM
|
Iain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud ofIain 1250 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MBi
Well done with the exact planning. How deep would you go in repairing your car at home? Any issue with the vacuum lines?
.If I find out the vacuum line are leaking on mine, then I will fix them, would be interesting taking the whole engine/drive train out

Originally Posted by LarrysFlyingSpur
very cool, did you model those vehicles yourself?
No, way beyond my ability, they are free models available for most things in Sketch-up. It is quite a tight fit in the shed, I built it as a photography studio, used to have an overhead catwalk and all sorts of screens and lights. It was great that everything fitted in for it's new use. That's why I had to do the model, to make sure before I bought the hoist.

Originally Posted by British
That's a great setup, I'm jealous. Good work.

What in the world is that other huge vehicle that the Bentley shares the space with? Is it covered with solar panels?

We have a joke in the 'States from a very dumb 80s movie ("Stripes") about an "urban assault vehicle", it reminds me of that.
Yes, great movie. It is a 1982 Unimog U1250, which use to repair the overhead lines on the train tracks. Took me 6 years to turn it into our camper truck for driving around the world.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLz..._as=subscriber

Last edited by Iain 1250; 10-17-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-17-2020 | 03:28 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
That thing is awesome!

Old 10-19-2020 | 04:00 AM
|
Took off all the covers under the car, no major problems just a few little things and one irritating thing.

Anti-roll bar drop links seem to be past their use by date.

This is the irritating bit- the front wing has a crack in it, didn't really notice it until I did the polishing. I will reinforce it from the inside with JB Weld and some fibreglass mat reinforcing.

There are a few rubber seals/ bung missing as well.

Not sure if there is supposed to be once of these on the right hand covering the other set of hoses.

Last edited by Iain 1250; 10-19-2020 at 04:13 AM.