Boot / trunk doesn't shut all the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2020 | 07:47 AM
|
xclens is infamous around these parts
Boot / trunk doesn't shut all the way

Hello all,

I am probably purchasing my first Bentley tomorrow, a '07 Continental GT, so I am new to this forum.

It has a problem when you autoclose the trunk. The right corner (towards the front) doesn't shut all the way. It stays up about a centimeter or so, and you have to manually push it down. I have heard that this is a common problem, but I'm not finding too much information about it here. I'd obviously like to get it repaired and my uncle is a very good DIY type of guy.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It seems that it is not just the top right corner, the whole boot stops about a centimeter or so from closing, so you have to push it manually the last little way. Sometimes it goes back up once it gets to the bottom, I suppose it feels like something is in the way.

Last edited by xclens; 11-21-2020 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 11-20-2020 | 07:56 AM
|
Just in case anyone sees this today (Friday the 20th) and can tell me what other problems to look for tomorrow, before I purchase the Bentley, PLEASE feel free and give me some tips. I'm all ears and forever grateful for your help!

It is an '07, imported to Europe from Japan. 6000 kilometers. Very nice inside and out.

EDIT: I purchased it...

Last edited by xclens; 11-21-2020 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 11-21-2020 | 10:05 AM
|
Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to a little more enthusiasm in this forum. Can someone direct me to a more active Bentley forum that I can join?

Old 11-21-2020 | 10:35 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
It is a bit quiet but I've not found one that is any more active. There are some folks on here that clearly know their stuff, so for that I will stick around and try and contribute.

C

Old 11-21-2020 | 05:49 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @xclens ,
Welcome to 6SPEEDONLINE !

As far as the boot failing to close properly, first try some lubricant on the right side closing hinge, or lube both, why not, some have replaced the hinges because of jamming.

Johnny

Old 11-21-2020 | 05:52 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xclens
Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to a little more enthusiasm in this forum. Can someone direct me to a more active Bentley forum that I can join?
This is where you want to be, sorry we didn't get to you as soon as you would have liked us too... 🤕

Also,
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the ride !

Start a thread on your vehicle with any questions and post some pictures of the GT.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 11-21-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-22-2020 | 03:58 AM
|
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
This is where you want to be, sorry we didn't get to you as soon as you would have liked us too... 🤕

Also,
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the ride !

Start a thread on your vehicle with any questions and post some pictures of the GT.

Johnny
Thank you so much!! I'm excited to be here. :-)

It was the day before I was going to purchase the car, so I was a little too eager.

I have many questions, don't you worry! heh

Old 11-23-2020 | 02:40 PM
AJ1
AJ1 is infamous around these parts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Bentley xclens. I am sure you'll have many questions and here is most definitely the place to find the right answers.

Old 12-03-2020 | 12:36 PM
quarryman is infamous around these parts
Hi and welcome,,, i had this problem and found the rearmost bolt on the hinge holding it to the bodywork,(there's two) had come loose, no problem since tightened up.

Old 01-16-2021 | 01:46 PM
MrVette is infamous around these parts
I have not had that specific problem but did have the boot lid "almost close and then come back up" problem. I figured there was too much resistance in the closing process so lubricated every moving point in the hinges with silicone spray and that solved the problem.