Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2006 Bentley Continental GT Head unit won’t turn on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 06:50 AM
nobadvibesvee is infamous around these parts
2006 Bentley Continental GT Head unit won’t turn on

Hi
I was wondering if you guys can help me or guide me in the right way. I recently bought a 2006 Bentley Continental GT the previous owner let the batteries die all the way out, The vehicle was sitting for over a year I changed out both batteries, changed out a faulty battery parallel Circuit relay J581 checked all the fuses and the head unit will not turn on there’s no power going to it. So I can’t adjust anything frustrating. I called the previous owner and he told me that it was working before he let the vehicle sit. Please let me know do you guys have any ideas or any suggestions.

Last edited by nobadvibesvee; 01-06-2021 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Radio head unit
Old 01-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @nobadvibesvee ,
Welcome to 6SPEEDONLINE !

Just so we have the full picture, does the vehicle start and drive, is the Instrument cluster functioning as it should ?

As to all fuses, there is a 10 amp fuse on the backside of the head unit itself.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-06-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:50 PM
Yes the vehicle runs and drives perfectly fine.
The instrument cluster Works as it should, i’ve asked the previous owner if he’s had any problems with the head unit or the display not turning on he said no. They had aftermarket sub and amp in the trunk but I took them out back to stock maybe I did something wrong. Now I’m super excited to know that there’s a fuse on the back of the head unit I search the forms and I can’t find it anything saying that there was a fuse on the back there thank you again I’ll let you know in the morning when I take it apart Do you have any other suggestions let me know thank you again

Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @nobadvibesvee ,
Welcome to 6SPEEDONLINE !

Just so we have the full picture, does the vehicle start and drive, is the Instrument cluster functioning as it should ?

As to all fuses, there is a 10 amp fuse on the backside of the head unit itself.

Johnny

Old 01-07-2021, 09:40 AM
Thank you so much sir Johnnny

it works everything works thank you for letting me know about the fuse you save me

Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nobadvibesvee

it works everything works thank you for letting me know about the fuse you save me
Great to hear !

Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the head unit, most likely when the previous owner removed the aftermarket sub and amp, he shorted some wires and blew said fuse.

Johnny

Old 01-07-2021, 10:31 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nobadvibesvee

He's awesome, he provides about 90% of the useful answers around here.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by British
Thank you for the kind words @British , I try .

Johnny

Old 01-11-2021, 10:27 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Congrats on the purchase. Mind telling the board the area your in so if you need any help someone close may be willing to assist you.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:29 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by British
I know without his help and a few others (including you British) I would be out of a lot of money!!!! 😂

Old 09-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Bentley45 is infamous around these parts
Radio issue

My radio turns on I can go through the entire menu, but I don’t have any sound coming out of my speakers. Can anyone help me? Thank you. I have a 2014 flying spur

Old 09-19-2024, 10:59 PM
ASilver
Originally Posted by Bentley45
My radio turns on I can go through the entire menu, but I don’t have any sound coming out of my speakers. Can anyone help me? Thank you. I have a 2014 flying spur
Sounds like an amplifier issue. Have you checked the fuse for the amplifier?

Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM
Bentley45 is infamous around these parts
Yes the amplifier fuse is good.

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM
ASilver
The only other things that I can think it would be would be the amp itself or an issue with the optical loop (I'm not sure if the optical loop would cut out sound from the radio or not)...if you can get near the amp, see if you smell a burning smell from it. They almost always have residual burning smells if they burn up...

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Administrator
@Bentley45 ,
Let's confirm as we spoke about last night, that you have checked the 40 amp fuse #7 in column #2, also that you have verified that the amp is physically in place and plugged in.
Just to note, the FS nor the GT/C, have a fiber optic loop, the first generation GT and FS only used a short run from the Infotainment head unit to the NAV disc drive, no loop, and being that the second generation Infotainment head units have the NAV built in, therefore no NAV drive in the glovebox, therefore no fiber optic, you can see by looking up the 2014 amplifier there is no optic in or out.

Next, let's scan with the Ross-Tech for faults.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; Yesterday at 11:27 PM.