Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley GTC driver seat removal without power to seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 09:04 PM
Registered PM
PetesinVegas is infamous around these parts
Bentley GTC driver seat removal without power to seat?

Hello I’m looking for help.

I have a 2013 Bentley Continental GTC. The module for the power seat memory is bad on the driver seat and the seat won’t move.

The seat is almost in the full back position. I can remove the front 2 bolts but can’t access the 2 rear bolts with the seat all the way back.

Is there a way to manually move the seat forward or up at least so I can gain access to these bolts?

The only other thing I can think of is to try to apply power directly to the seat motor with a 12v battery thru a jumper, but I don’t know which wires on the harness control the forward and aft movement.

Thanks

Peter

Last edited by PetesinVegas; 06-15-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:20 PM
scotstern is infamous around these parts
Have you thought about switching the passenger seat module with the driver's seat module in order to get it out?

Old 06-15-2021, 03:24 PM
Registered PM
I have, but the seat is so close to floor there is no way to reach under it to disconnect all the plugs.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Registered PM
I got the seat out. I made a video. It was a pain in the butt and turns out the Seat memory control module didn't seem to be the problem as I swapped over the working one from the passenger side to the driver side and I didn't work. I swapped the broken one (driver side one) over to the passenger side and it worked. Seems there may be a power issue to the seat. The fuse is good in the fuse box. I hooked up my OBD 2 reader to it and the driver seat is throwing 4 codes. They are all codes for travel on the limits which non of the seat travel is maxed out.

Last edited by PetesinVegas; 06-15-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:34 PM
Registered PM
Does anyone know how if there is a relay some where for the front driver seat power?

Last edited by PetesinVegas; 06-15-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:16 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
I'm unsure whether the same is true of the later cars, but at least up until MY2010 the seat control module was fed by two separate sources: a 30Amp fuse in the driver's knee fascia fuseboard, and a further 30Amp fuse in what is termed the 'Thermal Fusebox' which is located under the carpet.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:30 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PetesinVegas
I got the seat out. I made a video. It was a pain in the butt and turns out the Seat memory control module didn't seem to be the problem as I swapped over the working one from the passenger side to the driver side and I didn't work. I swapped the broken one (driver side one) over to the passenger side and it worked. Seems there may be a power issue to the seat. The fuse is good in the fuse box. I hooked up my OBD 2 reader to it and the driver seat is throwing 4 codes. They are all codes for travel on the limits which non of the seat travel is maxed out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zq15HjlAU

Great video. I simply cannot recommend one of these enough....

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/1716...o-probe-6-24v/

C