Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Speaker Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2021, 02:49 AM
RobBCS is infamous around these parts
Speaker Paint

Hello, having just bought an immaculate Bentley, and in the one family outing I've done, I've noticed that the rear speaker has become scratched.

Whilst trying not to be thoroughly gutted, I wonder if there is a way to get a decent colour match for the red interior.

A metal zip, or a bag.

Old 10-31-2021, 03:30 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
If you visit your local professional (i.e. trade) paint supplier they will be able to scan the panel and make up a paint to match.

This is the page from my local supplier, who once they have scanned, can make up an aerosol, or two-pack or even timber paint to the desired colour. https://www.hmgpaint.com/services/colourmatching

The biggest problem you face is being able to spray the grill without harming the speaker behind, and you'll need to lightly abrade the existing paint to enable the new paint to key to it, and of course extract the dust. Ideally that means removing the quarter panel.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:00 AM
BrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond reputeBrakeBuster has a reputation beyond repute
looks like ' Hotspur ' red , i have successfully touched up mine with the aid of a very fine brush and applied directly to the scratches, standard leather paint will be fine for this in Hotspur red,

I also found ' dabbing ' on the paint gave a better result over ' brushing' , it wont be perfect, only a new one will be, but it will take your eye and attention away from the scratches i find,

you can just see the damage ( white dot ) to my driver door speaker cover pre-repair , yes im that sad, lol

BB

Last edited by BrakeBuster; 10-31-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-31-2021, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @RobBCS ,
The speaker cover should pop off in place, therefore you would not be painting it in place, nor then have to worry about getting paint on the speaker itself.

Next, be sure to check your paint/trim codes to if you have a Hotspur or Fireglow interior, I have the two tone interior, being both Hotspur and Fireglow, the Fireglow is the darker of the two.

See pics.

Johnny

Old 11-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by BrakeBuster
looks like ' Hotspur ' red , i have successfully touched up mine with the aid of a very fine brush and applied directly to the scratches, standard leather paint will be fine for this in Hotspur red,

I also found ' dabbing ' on the paint gave a better result over ' brushing' , it wont be perfect, only a new one will be, but it will take your eye and attention away from the scratches i find,

you can just see the damage ( white dot ) to my driver door speaker cover pre-repair , yes im that sad, lol

BB
Thank you, it is hotspur red. Where did you get the paint from?

Old 11-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @RobBCS ,
The speaker cover should pop off in place, therefore you would not be painting it in place, nor then have to worry about getting paint on the speaker itself.

Next, be sure to check your paint/trim codes to if you have a Hotspur or Fireglow interior, I have the two tone interior, being both Hotspur and Fireglow, the Fireglow is the darker of the two.

See pics.

Johnny

Thank you that's helpful. It looks to be hotspur.

When you say pop, is it levered out or pulled out.

Last edited by RobBCS; 11-01-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Hotspur ral colour?

I think this maybe the ral for hotspur.