Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

05Bentleygt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2021 | 06:08 PM
|
jtsbentleygt is infamous around these parts
05Bentleygt

Thanks for letting me join. I live in ny just got a 05 Bentley Gt , very very excited has been a dream car for me for a long time . Need a few things so hope im
not too much of a pain in the **** to you all lol .

Old 12-01-2021 | 09:42 PM
US06GT is infamous around these parts
Hi JT,
Welcome and this is a great site for the common and some not so common questions. It will be a year I have had mine and by far the nicest and most intriguing car I have every owned. The members of this forum have been great about sharing their problems and fixes, so I am sure it will help you. Safe driving and have a great holiday.
US06GT

Old 12-04-2021 | 05:46 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard @jtsbentleygt !

Johnny

Old 12-10-2021 | 03:17 PM
trottier.ed is infamous around these parts
Any info on intermittent E parking brake P light?

Old 12-17-2021 | 04:20 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jtsbentleygt
Thanks for letting me join. I live in ny just got a 05 Bentley Gt , very very excited has been a dream car for me for a long time . Need a few things so hope im
not too much of a pain in the **** to you all lol .
Welcome. I love my car, I do wince at having to refill the gas tank all the time. My wife borrowed it for a drive to pick up our daughter at school and came back saying, "Did I really use almost a quarter-tank?"

Yep.

But it seems to be Audi-reliable, I had some squawks with mine when I got it ('05 like yours) but they seemed to be related to it not being driven much. I drive it as a daily driver, ever since I started doing that, I've had no troubles at all. I will probably change out the brake pads at the next service (which is due now) which I'm sure will be crazy expensive, but the car has 73,000 miles, so I can't complain too much about replacing out a wearable. I just did the tires, and man, that was a nice move, I hadn't realized how old tires make a ride stiff.

Old 12-19-2021 | 01:43 PM
trottier.ed is infamous around these parts
Acceleration requires the MOST energy (gas). SO, using a C GT as a "daily driver" is gonna be a problem for gas mileage. EXAMPLE: we have a "routine" 115 mile trip from Aiken to/from Beaufort, SC. My BEST trip gas mileage has been Beaufort to Aiken (UP-hlll, by the way) twice, getting 18.0 and 18.3 MPG. BUT, it is a quiet, back road trip and I am pretty "easy" on the gas when I want to be. I have had my TPMS removed and mounted Vredestein rubber all 'round. NO seatbelt alarm, so happy about that! OEM batteries are VW spec/labeled, Interstate supplied. 17 +/- year life is typical. You won't need OEM Battery tender, but I use mine between trips (bi weekly, or so.) Yep, it a complex car, with some 200+ computers. Still need to "correct" clock by 2 mins, but not sure my patience will survive. It is rare, robust, reliable & STUPID fast. I am betting 200 mph with 93 Octane and a fresh wax job. Because of its curb weight (?) and throttle travel, very difficult to stay below Interstate speeds. Take it light (Steve McQueen in Bullitt)