Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 09:22 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
If they had 3 sets of RCA’s with 4v outputs AND made it in my color I would be all over this!

Old 01-13-2022, 09:50 AM
DR3ADKN0T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
If they had 3 sets of RCA’s with 4v outputs AND made it in my color I would be all over this!
The RCA output is another issue for me. The previous owner connected all speakers and sub to an amp in the trunk and I have 3 pairs for RCAs I need to connect to. Looking into if I can use splitters or if I need a hw device to avoid issues with signal strength. Not to mention they mounted the amp to the rear of the back seat so i have to crawl into my trunk to access the amp. Def getting that moved when i have a custom box built for the trunk.

Old 01-13-2022, 10:03 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
If it only has front and rear RCA’s then you have two choices which you already mentioned. With the splitters you will have your front and rear speakers on the front jacks and the subs on the rear. The hardware might be the best bet tho. Get a nice 2 in 3 out crossover and put your amp crossovers on full. You have any pictures of your amp set up now?

Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
If it only has front and rear RCA’s then you have two choices which you already mentioned. With the splitters you will have your front and rear speakers on the front jacks and the subs on the rear. The hardware might be the best bet tho. Get a nice 2 in 3 out crossover and put your amp crossovers on full. You have any pictures of your amp set up now?
soo not the greatest photo. Had to squeeze myself in the trunk to get this.

Old 01-13-2022, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by DR3ADKN0T
soo not the greatest photo. Had to squeeze myself in the trunk to get this.

JL Audio????

Old 01-13-2022, 03:42 PM
Yes it is JL. So not completely finished yet. Try seating it all. Looks good except a gap under rather your can’t see, I may have tweak fitment.

Also removing the new one you will need to be careful. Not as sturdy as original so need tools to avoid breaking it.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:09 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
It's looking good so far.

What's the sound like? I have a top-of-the-line Alpine (and Kenwood, don't ask) and I like my stereo, I have a big 12" sub in the ski pass-through.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by British
It's looking good so far.

What's the sound like? I have a top-of-the-line Alpine (and Kenwood, don't ask) and I like my stereo, I have a big 12" sub in the ski pass-through.
Sound was pretty good, had ABT tune the system and amp. I plan to have them build something custom to keep it clean and I want to make sure I dont have a trunk rattle.

So another hiccup, so figured out why the remote amp wasnt coming on, there is a setting in the table to enable that feature. Only problem, I tugged a little too hard on it and the remote cable popped out. Not the end of the world I am sure i can figure out somewhere else to tie into but I am working with their support to see if I can get the harness replaced. Ill let you know how that goes.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:42 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Lol, I took my Bentley to ABT to redo the stereo after I bought it (I have a 2005) and they quoted me $18,000, which to me was the same as saying, "We don't want to do it."

Funny though, I bet I've spent $10k on the radio/speakers/amp so far diiddling around. Speakers were $2,500 FOCALs from England (half price), sub was $1,000 with amp, then it blew out, oopsie and I had them replace it with a bigger one and bigger amp, $1,500, then the Alpine, $900, then the Ben Hur $2,500, then the unneeded Kenwood to replace the Alpine because Ben Hur has no idea how to do tech support, $1,300, then the labor to install…it's starting to hurt typing this out, and I STILL have a bad right channel.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:45 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
I've written this in the past, but the problem with our GTs is that the speakers are mounted so low in the cabin that even having 10 of them doesn't make up for placement. For those following along at home, the factory 10-channel power amp is fine for most uses and I'm a pump-out-the-jams volume guy, but the car does need a sub, I found a 10" to be too small. Also, I don't like the Focal tweeters in the front, they're too loud, I was going to replace them but the ones I found didn't fit and the shop and I lost interest.

Old 01-15-2022, 09:52 AM
It looks like the person who had it before me replaced the fronts with Focals but didnt wire the back seat speakers at all and the sub box. I like my music but I am no audiophile, I like nice tight bass but nothing obnoxious, I like it to hit but I dont really want people outside the car to even hear it.

Old 01-15-2022, 10:20 PM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Was it a difficult installation, replacing the factory radio with the Tesla-style? I will begin installing mine in a few weeks. As far as I know, everything in my Bentley is original, and in previous threads people have complained about a lower volume with the Tesla screens, and installing some type of RCA volume enhancers. Did you have to install something like that?

Old 01-16-2022, 08:25 AM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
I've written this in the past, but the problem with our GTs is that the speakers are mounted so low in the cabin that even having 10 of them doesn't make up for placement. For those following along at home, the factory 10-channel power amp is fine for most uses and I'm a pump-out-the-jams volume guy, but the car does need a sub, I found a 10" to be too small. Also, I don't like the Focal tweeters in the front, they're too loud, I was going to replace them but the ones I found didn't fit and the shop and I lost interest.
Yeah it's gotta be speaker placement. My Phaeton with the premium sound setup has the same head unit and amp as my Bentley but sounds WAY WAY better.

Boxster I just bought has a JL amp and Focal speakers. Didn't realize they were so high end - have to play around with them a bit.

Old 01-19-2022, 04:38 PM
So I contacted support about the remote wire issue and they are sending me a new wire harness. Hopefully in next week. So mine was already modded for the BenHur so I am not sure what converting from stock would be like, I picked up some JL quad splitters to connect the 3 outputs to the amp. I also need to get a converter from a 2.5 Mic male to 3.5 female. BTW @British I see they maybe selling one closer to your color wood. https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...411084143.html

Last edited by DR3ADKN0T; 01-19-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:21 PM
silvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud ofsilvertonesx24 has much to be proud of
Thanks for this, you're doing us all a service!

Funny, I was talking with a friend who was doing the same think for his kid's Ford, the radio was 1/3 the price, seems like the same Chinese manufacturer in the niche of doing infotainment upgrades. It's like they have a "2x" button on the cash register they press when they see "Bentley".
Same exact thing with Maserati. They're all the same android units at their core and its all the same price. I paid $1500 for my Maserati one and it had a small screen defect so they sent me a new one and asked for $500 to send the second one if I kept the first. So that tells you how much they actually need to cover the costs. Same $500-600 for every brand android 10 headunit. But when it's Maserati or Bentley, add a 1 to that number. The one I bought for my Mercedes CLS.. $500.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio