Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 06:24 PM
DR3ADKN0T is infamous around these parts
Please make sure you have everything tightened up and in place before you try to seat the bezel in place. It’s a HUGE headache to get out. I would recommend having some trim pulling tools and be very careful, this plastic will break much easier than the stock piece. Not something you will want to take on and off regularly.

Old 01-20-2022, 04:12 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Guess I’m **** out of luck for my color if I wanted to try this unit out.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
Guess I’m **** out of luck for my color if I wanted to try this unit out.
So far I have seen Black, dark brown and light brown bezels available. Not sure what other wood colors Bentley used but I thought that cover 90%+ of the options.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:21 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DR3ADKN0T
So far I have seen Black, dark brown and light brown bezels available. Not sure what other wood colors Bentley used but I thought that cover 90%+ of the options.
Lol, your right! I haven’t been in that car in so long I thought my wood wasn’t one of the options 😂!!

Guess I’m good to go. I’ll wait more on you guys feedback tho.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:23 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
That looks correct, your link doesn't work though, any chance you can PM it to me?

Old 01-20-2022, 08:34 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
I just spent an hour trying to nail down this color, alibaba and aliexpress. Any hints? Interestingly the Ebay suppliers have dried up, not one listed right now. I found the one you bought for just a little over $1,000 so prices are lower, but others are $1,300 to $1,700. What's weird is that the "color" choice which should give us our four interior trim colors is always just memory for the Android, I haven't found a supplier where you can choose the color. It might be close enough to do.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:06 PM
Soo I just ran into a pretty big issue, not sure if there is going to be a fix. I was finishing installing the radio today and I m noticing that I can't seem to put the car into "Jack Mode" perhaps there is a setting inside the head unit but the buttons are not working. I have reached out to the company but I am concerned this may be a major issue.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:51 PM
Ok NVM, i realized I didnt connect the console connectors back in. Jack mode works but the suspension system doesnt seem to work as expected. When I raise it from inside the display it just seems to stay at Rasing Vehicle but it seems to lower to standard height. Atleast Jack Mode works for now. Ill keep playing with it.

Old 01-22-2022, 04:21 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
You had me worried

Old 01-22-2022, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by British
I just spent an hour trying to nail down this color, alibaba and aliexpress. Any hints? Interestingly the Ebay suppliers have dried up, not one listed right now. I found the one you bought for just a little over $1,000 so prices are lower, but others are $1,300 to $1,700. What's weird is that the "color" choice which should give us our four interior trim colors is always just memory for the Android, I haven't found a supplier where you can choose the color. It might be close enough to do.
@British This should be the page for the vendor, It should be under the list of items they sell. Just make sure you chat with them first, they will prob want photos of your dash to confirm the color.

https://cleverscreen.en.alibaba.com/...3f291d73meetBx

Old 01-22-2022, 08:07 PM
So its all installed, the only issue left is the remote backup camera. I REALLY want to use the one already installed, rather than installing the one provided but cant seem to get it to come on. I will have to research how it's wired up, guessing not just power but perhaps also a Reverse gear remote wire or something. Overall I like it but there are some slight fitment issues towards the bottom of the radio. Gaps aren't perfect and the lip under the centerpiece has a gap in it. You can't see it but the bottom doesn't seem to flush out as well as I would like, most people would never notice but I do soo lets hope I can get past that.

I am not a huge fan of the plastic bezel, it looks ok but obviously doesn't have the same build quality as OEM, it's kind of an issue for me but I am not left with an abundance of options. I will get past it but for those who may be more traditional, it may be a more serious issue. I am thinking I may be able to shim the top radio part of the radio to help the trim sit a bit more flush but for now, I am happy. There are some other minor annoyances but that's inside Tablet UI. I am having issues controlling the height through the button but you can adjust on the screen. However, it seems to be stuck in the "Raising Vehicle" but never seems to finish. Maybe it's the cold or it's "out of sync" but pretty sure it's not rising at all. It does seem to return back to normal without issue.

​​​​​​​

Old 01-23-2022, 07:59 AM
ezscreener is infamous around these parts
I’m going to chime in with my experience with the AliExpress $1,800.00 plug and play upgrade pictured above Note, the only mechanical function I perform is writing the checks. After having two experienced techs research and communicate with the folks in China and another $1,400.00 in labor, the setup doesn’t come close to working properly. I pray that when I swap back to the original, all the gremlins that appeared go away. If someone out there is confident that they can make it work, I’ll sell everything (my total cost of $2,100.00) for $750.00. Cheers

Last edited by ezscreener; 01-23-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by ezscreener
I’m going to chime in with my experience with the AliExpress $1,800.00 plug and play upgrade pictured above Note, the only mechanical function I perform is writing the checks. After having two experienced techs research and communicate with the folks in China and another $1,400.00 in labor, the setup doesn’t come close to working properly. I pray that when I swap back to the original, all the gremlins that appeared go away. If someone out there is confident that they can make it work, I’ll sell everything (my total cost of $2,100.00) for $750.00. Cheers
were you converting from stock? If so I can’t speak to that. Mine was already setup for the Benhur unit which I am sure wasn’t cheap or easy to install.

Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 AM
ezscreener is infamous around these parts
Yes, I was converting from the stock unit. I investigated the Nav-sat benhur unit at $2,700.00 which doesn’t include a double din head unit for another $200-$800,00 after the fact. Having gone through all the drama with the Chinese package I decided going back to factory was best for me.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:45 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
Funny, I just got off the phone with my installer, he called me out of the blue. I have a bad Ben Hur (right channel cuts out over bumps, I can get it back working by thumping on the upper corner of the Ben Hur).

Nav-TV is ignoring me, so I want to go with the Chinese thing. But now I'm hesitant yet again, my installer says that he hasn't done any Chinese ones for the Bentley, but of the 20 various ones he's done, 8 out of ten of them he's had issues with and there isn't tech support to help.

I'm at a bit of a loss; this isn't about money for me, I just want a good radio that works. Right now, all functions of the Ben Hur work, but the right channel has a bad connection. It's not in the external wiring, we replaced that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio