Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 02:18 PM
DR3ADKN0T is infamous around these parts
@British if you have Benhur the install was pretty easy. Also I have my Benhur that your welcome too. The bottom LCD that does temp screen and ride height is pixelated out but no issues besides. It also has a CarPlay Kenwood already installed

as for Tesla style the only thing I don’t have working if the backup camera and my sub box. The ride height sorted out this morning. Had to drive it in a snow storm this am and kept complaining it’s too low. Was able to get it to raise up again. It’s not perfect but I’m pretty happy when I got in it today for 3 hours in traffic and snow

Last edited by DR3ADKN0T; 01-24-2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:30 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
That looks really good, to my eye. My installer called me today, then he called Nav-TV and they worked out a trouble-shooting idea (change the noise filter, if that doesn't fix it, then bypass the Ben Hur audio) so that's the next step. My installer said he had 8/10 experience with issues with the Chinese radios, some dead out of the box, some with poor instructions, zero tech support, but had never done a Bentley one before, he was hopeful they were of higher quality.

I think I'll finally have it fixed this week, it might not be the Ben Hur, it might be the car itself, some connection back there shorting out or whatnot.

I think it looks really good in your car, I'm jealous. But not if the suspension stuff is wonky.

Which reminds me, I set my suspension mode to "high" when my front struts deflated, I need to get my laptop out there and set it back to normal.

It's going in for its 75,000 mile checkup tomorrow, that's pretty much just an oil change and a bunch of inspections, let's hope they find nothing. I haven't had a check engine light in almost a year, whoo hoo.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:54 AM
Soo update. My suspension is now having issues. Noticed when driving it was throwing an car too low error and the front looks like the shocks blew out. Not sure is me messing with the head unit is related. Started a new thread about it. Luckily already at LB Motorsports

Old 01-25-2022, 07:57 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
That's a leaky air strut. I just dealt with it myself. Had to replace both, and I don't know your budget, but it is best to replace both at the same time even if only one is leaking. My second was also leaking, just really slowly.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:15 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by British
That's a leaky air strut. I just dealt with it myself. Had to replace both, and I don't know your budget, but it is best to replace both at the same time even if only one is leaking. My second was also leaking, just really slowly.
And what did that end up costing you?

Mine has been sitting in a warm garage for about 2 months now, with a trickle battery charger connected, and I just went to start it the other day and noticed it airing itself up in the front. So apparently it had gone down a little while it sat. Signs of bad times ahead?

Old 01-25-2022, 09:00 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
I can't find my receipt anywhere. I remember it totaled $3,500 or so, for both sides, maybe $1,700 for the first one, then it kept leaking so another $1,700?

It's expensive. I don't remember the part being crazy expensive I think the strut was less than $1,000. I got a paper receipt instead of the emailed one.

I suspect you're fine, if you haven't powered it up in two months and it needed a top-off. It won't get better, leaks only get worse, I don't think it matters if it's water or air.

So yeah, I'd plan on replacing one or both at some point. Some guys here have had leaks in the hoses/connectors, so you could get lucky.

But I wouldn't stress.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:40 PM
So confirmed the issue is NOT related to the new head unit. I have a small issue with the unit when your using airplay. The Google Maps app sometimes would be delayed, sit at 4 miles left, and then it would catch up and show 3 miles left. Maybe an issue between my phone and the head unit. So far hasn't been an issue only noticed it on long stretches, never was an issue when I was less than 1 mile from a turn or location. Perhaps those push notifications helps keep it updated.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:43 AM
I had my mind set on attempting to upgrade this myself before the spring season, but I'm seriously considering letting a professional take the chance instead. (After all, I caved in and let my local shop switch all of my front light bulbs, and they ended up having to take the whole front-end apart... heh)

If you guys have a minute to spare, would it be possible to ask for a small list of grievances that you happened upon when you installed it, and what you had to do to fix it? If it's purchasing other parts, making your own solutions, or whatever. It would help me tremendously when I present the task at the shop, just so they have somewhat of a clue of what they're up against.

I really appreciate it!

(If I do decide to let my shop give it a try, I will be sure to ask them to document it properly for you guys. Especially the things that aren't so plug-and-play and need some extra improvisation.)

Old 01-28-2022, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by xclens
I had my mind set on attempting to upgrade this myself before the spring season, but I'm seriously considering letting a professional take the chance instead. (After all, I caved in and let my local shop switch all of my front light bulbs, and they ended up having to take the whole front-end apart... heh)

If you guys have a minute to spare, would it be possible to ask for a small list of grievances that you happened upon when you installed it, and what you had to do to fix it? If it's purchasing other parts, making your own solutions, or whatever. It would help me tremendously when I present the task at the shop, just so they have somewhat of a clue of what they're up against.

I really appreciate it!

(If I do decide to let my shop give it a try, I will be sure to ask them to document it properly for you guys. Especially the things that aren't so plug-and-play and need some extra improvisation.)

If you already have converted to Ben-Hur the install is pretty simple but if your converting from stock I can't speak to that too much.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by DR3ADKN0T
If you already have converted to Ben-Hur the install is pretty simple but if your converting from stock I can't speak to that too much.
My GT is 100% factory. Unfortunately the factory setting is Japanese, which means I have no FM-channels, no maps, no English menus, etc. This Tesla-type screen would do wonders for me if I can get it to work right!

Thanks for all of your posts regarding this upgrade! I must admit, that snowy red light pic of your Tesla screen sure got me eager to get mine installed ASAP.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:55 PM
Had it for about a week and I am having some issues with the unit. The wireless apple carplay doesn't seem to work anymore. I am not seeing the wifi connection it usually presents to use wireless apple carplay. It worked the day before but got in and stopped. The bluetooth connection works but seems very quiet. I have to have it up to max to have it at a decent volume but the radio is MUCH louder.

Support is ok, they basically have an engineer I work with but apparently, he is on holiday for a week so I wait, We chat via WhatsApp but since its a huge time difference it ends up being like a 1 day turn around unless your a poker playing nightowl like some of us.....They have been helpful in providing photos and such when I have questions.

I also am having issues setting the correct temperature and time settings. Hard to tell what are the android tablet settings and which ones are application-based settings like the Nova launcher software. It shows weather on the main screen but can't figure out how to set it. Minor issues but annoying. There's not really a user guide for these. I saw the name SVU_Android come up for Bluetooth,etc but havent found much documentation.

Old 02-08-2022, 03:32 AM
Pablen84 is infamous around these parts
Hello, I have seen We are talking in many differents post about the same thing: make more functional our infotainament system.some of us use Tesla style, other Ben hur system and I have installed an android system with the same screen as the car use. The screen hasn't got the same definition as a Tesla but is good. It isn't a touchable screen but works great with a little joystick.
i think many of Us Would like to have something like this in our cars, making It more functional without touching stetics.

If the administrator considers that it is repeated, I delete it and apologize

Last edited by Pablen84; 02-08-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:24 PM
intensifi is infamous around these parts
Wondering what the differences are with this one?:

https://mozartelectronics.com/produc...-flying-spur19

Old 02-23-2022, 09:41 PM
So I have had the radio for a while now and here is my feedback so far.

-Tech support isn't great. Basically chatting with someone over WhatsApp. They are helpful but it can be a while between responses.
-Some of the settings I still need to sort out. For example, I can change the C/F setting for the dash but the temperature displayed on the top of the tablet screen still shows up in C.Not sure where to update that.
- In the cold, it can take a while for it to connect. I have the USB connected but still seem to use only a Wifi connection for the actual carplay.
- There can be a minor lag in the touch response. You pause a song and take a sec to actually pause.

Overall I am happy but it's not perfect. Will require some time to become comfortable with it. I think the install looks clean but also not perfect but only you would ever know.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:45 AM
Dreadknot - Do you possibly have the tech support WhatsApp number to share?

I am leaving my Bentley with a local shop on Monday and will let them give it a go with installing the Tesla screen. Surely there will be some issues and questions.

Has the password been 3368 for the rest of you guys as well? Neil mentions that at around 3:40 in his video (
)

Has anyone been able to update the firmware/etc since you received the screen from China? If so, how?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio