Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by intensifi
Wondering what the differences are with this one?:

https://mozartelectronics.com/produc...-flying-spur19
@intensifi ,
The unit you have linked to is for the second gen Bentley's, 2012 and up N/A.

Johnny

Old 02-26-2022, 08:48 AM
DR3ADKN0T is infamous around these parts
Sure the WhatsApp for the Engineer is +8618312297316, Don't think is the actual manufacturer but probably just someone who works for the reseller. I haven't tried that code but will try later. I was warned to be careful, I was considering a factory reset when I had my wireless carplay issues and that engineer was against me doing it. Maybe they just don't want to provide the code or perhaps if you reset it, all the customization they do for the Bentley are wiped out. Not sure.

As a heads up on support, it is over in China so I usually don't hear anything until around 1a-10a US CST. Def makes it harder to communicate from the US timezone. Let us know how it goes.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:54 AM
Also I just checked and that code does work for my unit as well. Thanks for that.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:02 AM
xclens is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DR3ADKN0T
Also I just checked and that code does work for my unit as well. Thanks for that.
You're very welcome. You've been a positive influence in this thread and I truly appreciate the input!

I've requested that my shop takes a lot of mobile pictures during the installation, mainly in case we have to resort to going back to factory, but also in case anyone here has any questions regarding the setup. I'm leaving my Bentley at 8 am tomorrow morning, so surely I should know more within a couple of days.

Old 03-01-2022, 02:36 AM
Well the screen works, but we're only getting sound from the front right speaker, and none of the vehicle controls (climate control, lower/raising, etc) works. I don't know what we're missing...

Old 03-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by xclens
Well the screen works, but we're only getting sound from the front right speaker, and none of the vehicle controls (climate control, lower/raising, etc) works. I don't know what we're missing...

that all worked for me. Have to manage under tablet car settings app. I can take photos of mine if it would help. Can’t do it till tomorrow though.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:32 AM
that all worked for me. Have to manage under tablet car settings app. I can take photos of mine if it would help. Can’t do it till tomorrow though.
Thanks for that! But my installer just called me and said he thought he had figured everything out, so I'm going to check everything out tomorrow morning. I had been in contact with the Chinese WhatsApp person, as well as the AliExpress seller that I purchased the screen from, but it was not the best customer service due to the long wait and broken English. But at least they responded.

I'll write a review once I've played around with it a while!

Old 03-03-2022, 07:09 AM
FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

Woooow, this looks great! It really is what I hoped it would be. Although it's obviously not like a real Tesla screen, it is close enough. Especially installed in a 15-year old car!

I've mentioned it 25 times on this forum, but my biggest issue was that my Bentley was imported from Japan, so most of the menus were in Japanese, the maps didn't work, and the FM range was quite lower than the rest of the world. This installation solved the majority of that!

Here are a few thoughts after the first hour's worth of playing around with the screen:

* The touch screen is not perfect. It's not like my latest Samsung phone. The swiping needs a little bit longer swipes. The push needs to be a little bit longer/harder. Some pushes respond a fraction of a second later than what we are used to on our smart phones & tablets. I see this as just something to get used to, nothing that would aggravate me in the long run.

* It beeps every time you touch the screen, even when you just swipe. That is a little bit annoying, but perhaps it can be turned off? I haven't begun to get into those types of settings yet.

* The right and left side temperature is always set at 22 degrees Celsius when I start the car. No matter what my last setting was. Again, nothing major.

UPDATE: It seems that it sometimes remembers the settings, other times it is back at 22 C when I start the car.

* I have a huge problem finding FM stations. I can at best find 2 stations, but there should be about 10-15 others here in Sweden. And speaking of that, the volume from the radio is very low compared to watching YouTube videos or listening to Spotify. This could perhaps be my car's fault somehow?

UPDATE: I managed to find all of the FM stations after I fiddled around in the radio settings a little.

* The sound overall seems to be a bit lower than original, but when I view YouTube or listen to Spotify, I have the volume set to around 30 out of 35 when I want to listen to pretty loud music. In my ears, that is good enough for me; I don't think I will need to install that RCA converter that Neil & co has mentioned previously.

* It doesn't have the best brightness & contrast. Although most of the world's screens have issues in direct sunlight, I would probably be a little bit skeptical if I had a convertible and lived in Florida.

* The plastic trim (mine is piano black) looks really good! But it felt cheap & fragile compared to the original. My installer encouraged me to wait and push it all the way in before I had made up my mind about installing the RCA converter etc. Just so we don't break any clips etc trying to get it back out.

I'll add some pics soon!

Last edited by xclens; 03-06-2022 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 03-04-2022, 08:49 AM
To the ones here who has installed this type of screen, did you use this green converter? My installer told me the sound was lower with it installed.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:54 AM
Here are a couple of pics of the screen installed. One in a fairly dark garage compared to a sunny spring day. The black plastic trim is not pushed in all the way yet.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:43 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Looks really nice.

Old 03-08-2022, 01:35 AM
Pablen84 is infamous around these parts
Looks good with Piano black, congratulations.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by xclens
To the ones here who has installed this type of screen, did you use this green converter? My installer told me the sound was lower with it installed.

I didn't end up using it, I had a bunch of extra cables which I figure was for cars w/o Ben Hur already installed. Looks good, that plastic trim was rough to remove the first time but it its a bit easier after that. Still need to be careful, not sure how easy it is to replace that trim

Old 03-15-2022, 07:53 PM
So now who do I have to pay to get a customized image of my GT for the wallpaper on this thing haha.

Old 03-16-2022, 07:41 AM
So now who do I have to pay to get a customized image of my GT for the wallpaper on this thing haha.
Give me a few weeks! I will try to tweak it. I found the folder where you can choose the different car pictures, but I haven't tried somehow uploading a personal photo yet. My white GT matches the original picture pretty well, but it'd be even sweeter with a real picture in its place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading to Tesla Style Radio