Jack Mode when driving???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2022 | 03:56 PM
|
AlistairD is infamous around these parts
Jack Mode when driving???

Hi All

Strange sequence of events today. Suspension had been occasionally dropping after turning car off (GT 2010) and once gave me a ride height too low but it cleared almost immediately.

Today, driving along and then Jack Mode Warning light and Suspension Fault Workshop warning. Then about 1/4 mile later Too Low warning and stop. So stopped and suspension had dropped both sides at front. Rear was fine.

Recovery truck arrives, switch car on to line it up and after about 10 seconds, front raises normally. Car at garage under warranty and no fault found. My thinking is an intermittent fault in the Valve Block?

Anyone got any ideas????

Thanks A

Old 01-19-2023 | 10:45 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
Hey,
question - the jack mode need to be turned on when you do simply one wheel maintenance? eg you got flat on the road - picking up one wheel also requires the jack mode? or it is needed only when whole car is going up?

Old 01-19-2023 | 01:18 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@sazam ,
Yes, jack mode is needed for changing a flat on the side of the road, jack mode turns off all systems of the air suspension, therefore when you jack the vehicle up, you will have no movement, BTDT, some years back in the pouring rain I forgot to engage jack mode on my A8L W12, I jacked her up, and just as I was putting the spare on, the suspension system decided to level out, the Audi jack fell over, and the car slammed to the ground, thankfully I had put the flat tire under the side rail for safety, so my leg only got slightly bruised...

As far a jack mode on the lift, yes, it is used when the vehicle is on a four post lift with the wheels hanging, because, if you do not engage JM and you lift the vehicle and let the wheels hang, the suspension control module sees that the vehicle is too high, and therefore ends up releasing all of the air in the system, then you lower the lift to the ground, the vehicle is bottomed out and you can not get the lift arms out from under the vehicle..

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-19-2023 at 01:21 PM.