Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Water Ingress front passenger footwell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 09:16 AM
sal4b is infamous around these parts
Water Ingress front passenger footwell

Hi Everyone,

Well i thought I had this fixed until i washed the car and we had some rain both times water in front footwell. but it was pooling by the side sill.

So after asking @Lewis Barwick who has the same issue but not as bad as mine, I decided to take the door card of and hey presto the pics say it all.

Firstly i don't have a membrane so maybe that could be an issue but then i put a hose to the outside of the passenger door and went along all the way,

soon realised that water ingress around the door mirror or door seal around that exact spot could not work out if it was the seal at the window, or the door mirror seal if it has one.

Anyway I have cleaned it all up and letting it dry.

To remove the door mirror well I can't see the bolts, and i believe I have to remove the side glass panel which I have no idea.

Has anyone had any issues with water ingress from door speaker, and how did you save the issue.

Any help appreciated as always.

Thanks

sal

Old 03-16-2022, 09:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just an update on the water ingress :

1. I had no plastic behind my door card which may have helped a little.

2. there is a rubber seal which i believe has perished causing the water to leak in

The obvious way would be to remove both mirrors and replace the rubber gasket. I didn't do this i lifted the mirror shroud which sits between the mirror
and the door and used black silicone a very very fine line was used and spread, waited for it to dry and managed to rub the excess of.

Used the power washer and no water ingress ....... ANOTHER JOB TICKED OF.

Hope this helps someone...

Thanks

Sal

Old 03-16-2022, 01:47 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn’t any door water ingress simply drain out of the drain holes.Drain holes found in every car door ?

Ok a rusty speaker as a side effect to leaky mirror gasket fair enough but how do you know the man culprits not the scuttle drains ……blocked ?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...enance-gt.html

Old 03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
Hi,

Ok here goes a my scuttle drains were checked when i had the engine out and also had the fuse box lid sorted at the same time.

I only found water by the sill side of the carpet and when i jet washed the car I found that the door card was wet at the bottom.

Obvioulsly my mistake I didn't explain all the steps that I took.

The final step was the video i made but couldn't upload on here as I created a waterfall along the whole length of the door it was very evident that

water was coming in and landing on the speaker magnet at the back of it and water ingress was at there point of where the mirror was, I didn't know if it was the

door mirror or the actual window seal, so my test was to start with the silicone on the door mirror.

Hence the pictures I uploaded, the water coming in was quite shocking actually as in it was a waterfall and not a trickle. but the speaker magnet is ideally placed

to catch some of the water coming in.

Thanks

Sal

Old 03-16-2022, 04:07 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff ^^^ .
I wonder if it’s had replacement window regulators hence absent polyethylene weather sheet ?
Anyhow good to hear it’s sorted .