Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2005 Bentley GT armrest stuck in upright position

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 08:42 PM
Bent is infamous around these parts
2005 Bentley GT armrest stuck in upright position

2005 Bentley GT. My driver's side armrest is getting stuck in the upright position. It won't lower down all the way...UNLESS....the car's heat is on.
I'm dumbfounded. Any ideas?

Old 09-18-2022, 09:36 AM
Samhain is infamous around these parts
You do know you need to move it back all the way before it will go all the way forward right?

Old 09-18-2022, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Samhain
You do know you need to move it back all the way before it will go all the way forward right?
Hi @Samhain yes I do. (I've owned the car since 07). Never had an issue before with it. It was completely out of the blue.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Bent ,
That's a little odd, meaning the heat being on, we are both in NJ and it's not that cold yet, and there is nothing in either armrest that has anything to do with the HVAC.

If you can not get it free, I have some pieces if you are interested, the frame ones (bare, and one with brown) shown in the pictures would be free to you besides shipping, the black set if you have a beluga interior would be at a discount for members here, pm me, the privacy phone inside the armrest is trash, it was just there as show, that piece came from the two bare armrest from my flood rebuild, the two bare ones could use a cleaning and lube, although they work just as they should, locks at each notch, and moves down freely, as does the beluga pair.

Johnny

Old 09-18-2022, 12:36 PM
@Johnny Hotspur GT thank you! My car is currently in the shop getting the suspension replaced. They were going to look at it as well.
When I explained the heat being on, they are pretty sure the heat as something to do with the metal expanding/contracting.
Once I get it back, I'll update here.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:34 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gatt
I'm interested
use visitor messaging