Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

soft close - gt 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 11:10 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
soft close - gt 2005

hi,
is this easy to add soft close to gt 2005, i dont have this feature at all.

Old 01-13-2023, 01:06 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sazam
hi,
is this easy to add soft close to gt 2005, i dont have this feature at all.
Hello @sazam ,
As to the question, is it easy, the short answer is no..

As to what is involved, you can see post number 63 in my rebuild thread for a short explanation of what is involved.

Here is the long detailed description of what is involved.

First, you would need the following parts for each door.

The soft close door latches, the SC motors, the inner door panels with the built-in recess for the SC motor, the complete door wiring harnesses with the SC wiring option, the window/door control modules from a vehicle with SC, or the proper coding for SC if said 2005 modules would work with a coding change, that one we are still waiting on from @Copperline , hopefully he had luck with coding, BUT, the biggest issue would be the main body wiring harness down at the kick plate on each side, as I found when doing my rebuild, that the 2005 wiring harness did not only have the wiring for the soft close missing from each door wiring harness, it also had no wiring for it in the main harness at each kick panel plugs that supply said doors, the pin slots on the plugs/connectors on the main harness side where empty.

I changed my complete wiring harness front to rear, so I didn't have the issue of adding the needed wires, as the wiring I used was from a newer year, therefore it had all the options I wanted, I guess one could go through the wiring diagram to see just what wires needed to be added, if in fact SC is worth adding all the items for said person.

Johnny