Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

gt 2005 - key system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 08:04 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
gt 2005 - key system

Hi,
I got 3 keys, as in the photo. Dont know what is the diff between the 2 with big bentley logo and the one with the small logo. Can smb explain?

Second issue is the understanding of the key-less functionality, when i got into the car I do not put any key in the switch but i got on the central console this msg:

"The vehicle has been synchronised with your key. The guest setting can be chosen as alternative"

a) what is guest setting?
b) what synchronization means?
c) is the key-less functionality secure - I hear this is having huge security holes and can be easily hacked
d) if you suggest to switch to key-based system (instead of key-less) how to do it?

I also went to the SETUP on central console and choose User profiles and I got this:

Please select your profile;
Key1
CPA
Key3

I have now CPA checked.

What is CPA? What are the profiles for. What is the diff between key 1 and key 3. What is the Guest option.

TY in advance for your help.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:32 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @sazam ,
You have no photo uploaded, please re-upload the picture.

As to your questions,
A) Guest is just that, the settings are that of the guest who set them.

B) The synchronization is the synchronization of each key to each person and their personal settings for HVAC, radio, ect to either key 1, 2, 3, or guest.

C) Use a faraday pouch or box to protect the fobs, use the pouch when out and about, and or the box at home and work, see my video.

D) No.

CPA is the name the previous owner put in for key number 2, you name each slot 1, 2, and 3 what ever you want, your name, initials, or nick name, ect, do this by going to setup as you did, and click on a position and change the name by picking letters with the big wheel, just like you would input street names for the Navi.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-15-2023 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:22 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
oookkk - so if this are just names key1 cpa key2 guest - how many profiles i can define?
are they aggregating all settings like seats position steering wheel position mirrors positiom? audio/radio channels? maybe even leveling of the car?
and the "Guest" does not mean anything but this is just the name set by previous owner?

and here is the photo of keys

Last edited by sazam; 01-16-2023 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:54 PM
hey - did some tests with this keys

key1 - is one big logo key
cpa - is second big logo key

no matter what key i use i can fully operate with the car.

but the third one is interesting - the small logo key

i can not open wirelessly the car with it
i can nit close wireless the car with it
i can put it to the ignithion switch turn left turn roghr
and the computer is just saying:

WEGFAHR-SPERRE ACTIV !

i did not try to open doors or close manually with this key / just forgot to try

i did not started engine / just did not want to start car in closed garage

so i dont know if i am even able to start engine using this key

what is the role of this key?

Old 01-18-2023, 04:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@sazam ,
If you could flip the keys over to show the number of buttons, I can tell you what you actually have.

But base on what I see and your description, I say the following.

The two top keys are most likely the four button keys, three buttons being the lock, unlock, and trunk, with the red dot on the side for the panic button being the fourth, these are new keys that were ordered as a service kit, and were the new style design for 2007.

The bottom key is the original to the vehicle, that is if the key-blade unlocks the drivers door and the glove box, just to note, any VAG key will fit in the ignition and turn it, as the ignition switch has no tumblers, the message in German that you are reading translates to "Immobilizer Active", and that is either because the keyfob portion is no good, (that is if all three key-blades physical lock and unlock the drivers door, so that all 3 are matching) or it is not for your vehicle, or when who ever programmed the new key fobs to the vehicle, they left the third (old original) out of the programming....

If you had your vehicles SKC, and that third key is original to the vehicle, it can always be added back into the KESSY using the Ross-TechVCDS, but all keys must be present during the programming, as any missing key is removed as a trusted key, therefore the IMMO active.

EDIT: Just to add information.
If the two matching fobs are the four button type with the trunk button, then they are the full access master keys, and you can open the trunk with either one, if one was a two button fob with no trunk button, then that would be a valet key, a valet key does not allow access to the trunk, glovebox, or the pass-thru if it had a key cylinder.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-18-2023 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:06 AM
Johnny - thank you.

all my keys are 3-button. Europe is not equipped with panic button - us indeed is.

will check the unlock/lock mechanism today - will inform if i am able to close/open with the keys

i am in progress with ross-tech purchase - can you record a movie with the key programming procedures?

ps. what is SKC?

Old 01-20-2023, 01:29 AM
ok - so did the tests

with the 3rd key i can open/close doors - mechanically

when closing the alarm is armed and probably immo is armed too

but when i open after closing the alarm is NOT disarmed so 15 sec later i got siren

then have to disarm thru the key 1 or key 2

key 3 is also opening/closing glovebox

ps. i did not done any start/stop engine experiments havingn only key 3 in hand or in ignition switch but if this key does not even disarm alarm then immo probably too so not assume the engine can be started

now - so what i have? just to remind - i can not open /close doors remotly with key 3 - even i see diode is lightning when i press buttons on it

keeping the key3 in hand close to handset is also not opening the door

Old 01-21-2023, 05:42 PM
Administrator
@sazam ,
Ok, so you have three matching key blades, key 1 & 2 are the new keys/fobs matched to the vehicle, and they both fully function as they should, the thrid key is the old original that was most likely left out of the programming procedure on purpose, therfore the blade worked in the door lock, as well as the glove box, but the electronic side of the fob is now deemed unknown by the KESSY module, as it was left out of the programming, and therefore it will not unlock the doors or boot be it by keyless entry, or by pressing the buttons on the fob, and being that the diode in the fob flashes, you know the battery is good, I wouldn't worry about key 3, just put it away for safe keeping for if you ever loose your other fobs, at least you could gain entry to the vehicle with blade number 3, and or in that situation, get the SKC and program number 3 back in when needed.

I say forget about key number 3 because of what would be needed to program it back into the KESSY, you need the SKC, which is the secret key code, and to get the skc you need to either access and remove the KESSY module that is located under the carpet on the drivers side (LHD), then you need to remove the 93C86 eeprom from the KESSY board and read it with carprog to get the skc, carprog gives the skc/pin without further calculations, or you need to remove the engine ECU'S to read the 95040 chip with Ponyprog and do some calculations in the bin file to get the SKC, or as some say, they pulled engine ecu bin file by way of obd reader at the obd port, I never have, once you have the skc, then you use the RT to have all 3 fobs programmed, I did all this, but my KESSY module(s) was/were out of the vehicles during my rebuild, so easy access, I also did the reading and programming on the twin engine ECU'S for my 2010 Supersports engine also, along with my 2005 and 2006 engine ECU'S, I practiced on another useless KESSY before working on my 05 flooded KESSY, and on the 05 and 06 ECU'S 95040's before working on the Supersports engine ECU'S 95160's chips, it's easy once you know how, but it is also nerve racking as to if one damages a pair of ECU'S at $4950.00, or a KESSY at $$$$.$$

Sorry for the long response, I just want you to fully understand what is involved, and the tools needed, besides the RT, carprog is $60+/-, Ponyprog SW is free, as is the hex decimal calculator, Ponyprog serial adapter $18, chip holder instead of clamp $10 for assortment of sizes, but, you need an old laptop or tower with a serial port to use Ponyprog, and then, you need to fully understand and follow the RT instructions to make all three fobs work, remember to add the zero in front of the 4 digit pin code you get by way of Carprog, or Ponyprog and hex calculator, you don't want to be left with no keys, so please, don't just jump in to it...

Now, as I said above, some say that they can retrieve the skc by way of reading the bin file of the ecu's through the obd port, I have not, so maybe research that avenue.

Same with the Ross-Tech, stay away from the "right side" for a while until you get the feel of it, left side will give you all your fault readings, along with measuring blocks, ect, the right side is coding, adaption, security, etc.

Sincerely.
Johnny

.My pictures of ECU'S

Old 01-21-2023, 10:08 PM
TY very much Johnny - very detailed answer with extra manual ... so for clarity - rosstech - of i will play anything on left side then i will not hurt anything???

Old 01-21-2023, 11:31 PM
Administrator
Yes, the left side is safe.

Johnny