Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help - Weird Radiator Fan Fuse Layout (Conti GT Speed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 04:59 AM
Lauritz76 is infamous around these parts
Help - Weird Radiator Fan Fuse Layout (Conti GT Speed)

Hi Everyone
My Continental GT Speed has started making an annoying noise that I suspect is coming from my radiator fan being loose and touching the shroud. To test my theory I wanted to unplug its fuse(s) and do a short test drive. When accessing the engine compartment fuse panel and looking for the fan fuses 27 & 27 (as indicated in the car's manual) I found them missing! I suspect that is because they are for a dual fan layout while my car seems to have a single radiator fan? The fan is running, but I think it is scraping the shround whenever I drive over a bump... my theory is that one of the arms holding the fan cracked.
I can find no alternate fuse layout online so I am lost as to which fuse might be my radiator fan fuse! Can someone help me? I don't know if it's smart to pull random fuses to find the right one...

Unrelated, but also a mystery: the engine management current supply relay #33 seems to be missing too - the car runs and drives normal though. Weird!

Any assistance is much appreciated. I want to test my theory before I start dismantling the car's front to gain access to the fan

The two missing fuses and next to it where the relay 33 should be - I'm stumped

Thats the VIN if it helps

Last edited by Lauritz76; 02-14-2023 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Lauritz76 ,
Welcome to 6speedonline !

As to your issue with fuses, is that your actual fuse-box that you pictured, is your vehicle RHD or LHD, I only ask about the drive as the illustrations show a mirror image of the LHD for the RHD, yet the picture you attached is what a LHD looks like, just curious on that.

The single fan setup is used from 2008 and forward iirc, and uses a single 100 amp fuse in slot # 21, but it still uses the 10 amp fuse in slot number 12, BUT, your slot 21 is empty also, so I take it that you do not have a 2009 and newer GT Speed.

I found that the diagrams have notes that stated "prior to 2008" and "from 2009", that led me to see that 2008 has a setup all of it's own.

So, I found that if you have a 2008 GT / Speed, then you have a 125 amp in-line fuse, said 125 amp fuse is located inside the interior of the vehicle on the right side sitting in the seat, it still uses fuse #12 for control in the E-Box as shown.

2008 Setup.

2009 Setup.

Teal is 2009 forward, Red is 2007 and older.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-14-2023 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:31 AM
Lauritz76 is infamous around these parts
Smile

Hi @Johnny Hotspur GT ! Thank you wor welcoming me to to forum, and a huge thank you for taking the time to answer with such great and detailed information. I'm impressed that you found out my car must have an "in between" configuration unique to 2008! It is indeed a 2008 LHD GT Speed, just as you deducted
I will look for the fuse on the right side and report back.

Thanks again - it fills me with confidence for the tasks ahead that I have such great support here. I bought the car only a few month ago and am now learning how to work on it.