Old 05-07-2023, 07:11 PM
BENTELY POWER is infamous around these parts
Bentley Bentayga Module

Hello, Everyone,
How are you doing?
Bentley Bentayga 2018 model.
I need advice about my car,
The issue is very big,
When I start the engine, The car mode does not work, the lights just blip once & turn off.

So what I did ,

GATEWAY REPLACEMENT, SWITCH REPLACEMENT, WIRING CHECK, SVM CHECK OK,
But still not working, And also no fault message on diagnostic, Anyone can help, I am very much appreciate.
Thanks

Old 05-08-2023, 03:51 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Hi @BENTELY POWER ,

I commented in your other thread about the Gateway module. I might be able to add more information here for you.

I had successfully solved a similar issue on another platform, the Mercedes Benz AMG GTS 4.0L platform. Although these two systems have their differences, the operation and functions of the gateway modules are the same. I will describe the issue I had first, what I checked, and how I solved the problem.

I first want to comment on this first post and what you did. If you simply swapped out gateway modules without pairing it to your car, it probably is still not going to work. I apologize for not writing more for you the first time, because I had arrived on a simple solution in the AMG case and possibly, a similar solution would work for you.

I did an extensive writeup on this on the MB forums, but I think there might be a forum violation here if I provide the link even though that site is also an IB site. I'll describe the issue "lightly" and the solution.

First, in the case of the AMG GTS, a deep scan produced a long list of fault codes and a robust variety of U codes which are CAN-BUS (networking faults). From past experiences, I learned once a networking fault occurs, usually there is a chain reaction of additional faults that are triggered that really aren't hard parts failures, but more the network has become confused and dysfunctional on different components.

after spending much time checking possible physical faults such as shorts opens in the CAN-BUS pathways, and checking and cleaning all of the connections to the Gateway module. I tried one last "trick" before replacing any parts because I concluded that possibly the gateway module just lost its way. That trick worked. It is possible it would work in your case as well.

Something about the gateway module - it works very much like the router works in your home. Occasionally (but very rare in the car's gateway module) the router needs to be rebooted. In my case, rebooting the router, or, in car vernacular, doing a hard reset, fixed everything. After the hard reset, I cleared all the fault codes, received a 100% clear deep scan and never happened again.

So, getting back to your situation, the first step would be to reinstall the original gateway module if you haven't paired the new one to the car. Once that is done, to perform the hard reset you need to disconnect ALL battery power from the system. Once battery cables are disconnected, hold the POSITIVE terminal cable to GROUND for at least 5 minutes. Grounding the positive cable for several minutes drains all the capacitance from all the circuits in the CAN-BUS modules and forces all modules into a complete reboot on startup, including the gateway module.

Now reconnect battery power to the car. If the gateway module was, in fact, just lost, the reboot might possibly restore it to 100% functionality as it did in my case. In your situation it might be worth a try as it requires no parts replacement and no harm comes to any systems doing a hard reset.

I might try to send you a PM with the link from the MB site as I think that is OK on this site. There you can read, in more detail what I did.

All the best of luck getting this problem solved,

Bwings