Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

gt 2005 - driver side carpet removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2023 | 01:14 PM
|
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
gt 2005 - driver side carpet removal

hi,
today I was fighting with wiring location for my new dashcam, somehow win the fight - managed to hide cables etc without removal any covers but realised I still need to take of covers and carpet to take a look at my floor on driver side, to check for any issues there (there is kessy, i know that water damages can happen, so would like to inspect the situation there to know what i have).

and here is the question , how to remove the covers, trims etc and finally get the carpet out?

talking eg about this, but probably there may be smth more to remove / detach?

Old 06-22-2023 | 02:41 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @sazam ,
Just my opinion...

Being that you do not have an issue now, I would say as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... as, for you to truly/fully remove the carpet, there's a lot more involved, the removal of the dead pedal, the kick down switch for the throttle pedal, the kick plate trim with hood release handle, and the sill plate trim as you pointed out, but also the seat must come out also, as the carpet is one piece molded item with a thick molded foam backing, the lower portion of the rear seat also needs to be popped out to expose the two push in retainers holding the carpet in, in the rear area.

This is not to say that you can not remove the kick plate and the sill plate trim and pull the carpet up to gain access to the KESSY module or the 4 circuit breakers, but as always, you do that at your own risk when trying to do it the easier way, I am not saying that I would not do it my self, but another person didn't take their time and actually tore the carpet being too rough with it, so be aware.

I will edit this momentarily to add information for removing the trim pieces.

Johnny

Old 06-24-2023 | 02:35 AM
|
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
thank you @Johnny Hotspur GT ,

yes you are right - "works? so dont touch it"

however if you have some instructions how to get these covers off pls share - will be helpful anyway in future. thanks in advance for that.

ps. i dont see any photos - if you put any - only see the photo of the seat and carpet next to it.

Old Today | 05:45 PM
Mark Smith is infamous around these parts
Looking for instructions to remove kick down switch cover to get carpet out

I have a wiring harness issue, likely back to the body control module (BCM) on a 2012 Superports, and I need to get the pinouts from the BCM to rewire the damaged harness. I also need to remove the carpet to access those wires in the car and the only thing left to remove is the kickdown to get the carper out, just not sure how to do it. Hoping @Johnny Hotspur GT might be able to help on this one. By the way, the carpets are hot spur as well!

Old Today | 06:50 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Mark Smith ,
To remove the kickdown switch trim, you must remove the two caps/plugs as shown below in pictures, under each cap is a screw to remove.

Being that you are in Ohio, your 2012 SS is the 1st GEN body style, correct, therefore the wiring harness diagrams may work from IETIS, as IETIS only goes to the 2011 YM for the FS/GT including the SS, is your SS a convertible ?

Are you looking for the front body control module, or the rear body control module ?

@sazam ,
I apologize for failing to respond over a year ago...

Johnny