Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

$15,000 catalytic converter estimate for 2014 Flying Spur

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Dgeedhar ,
Where did you get the vehicle back from, BOE, or Indy ?
Either way, somebody most likely cleared the fault codes that had the check engine light on, you should call whomever had the vehicle and ask for the scan printout or emailed file, so you know exactly which fault codes were stored, and as I have said numerous times, you need to scan the vehicle yourself, or by a friend, or someone like me that has offered to help.

If you continue to drive the vehicle and the check engine light stays off, fine, but as soon as it comes on, you should limit your travel and do the scan, I have both Ross-Tech VCDS and VAS 5054 ODIS, I sincerely suggest that you purchase the Ross-Tech VCDS so that you may scan the vehicle at anytime in the future, instead of bringing it to the dealership for each and every fault, along with paying their diagnostic fee each and every time, the cost of one diagnostic scan appointment at the dealership will more than pay for the ROSS-TECH.

If you have any issues with the check engine light coming on between now and say Saturday or early Sunday, call me, and I will scan it for you Saturday or Sunday.

As I have stated previously, you do not want to spend a dime on any exhaust parts, cats, O2 sensors, etc, until we prove the fault, by both scanning, and testing by way of dropping the mid section, can you imagine if you ordered a $6000.00 Catalytic converter, and or even dropped the engine, to find that the cat was not the cause of the check engine light..

You say that in November 2022, there was the same code, what was that code ?

Johnny

Originally Posted by Dgeedhar
*UPDATE* I got the car back today. Drove it almost 30 miles from the dealership to my house and the check engine light was NOT there anymore. I don’t know if this is a fault or it was an intermittent fault. In November 2022, there was the same code but then it went away. What do I do? The light has not come back after highway driving and all. I will update as I drive it more now that the light is not on.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:00 PM
Dgeedhar is infamous around these parts
Hi Johnny. I got the car back today at 4PM, and the light is not on. I have been starting the car multiple times and checking and it hasn’t returned. The code was P0430. I also attached a picture of the service receipt. Also worth mentioning that the engine light came on while I was driving to the dealership on 2/26. Prior to this, the car has not been started for 6 days(2/20) and the temperatures were very cold. I don’t know if that could have affected anything but just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by Dgeedhar; 04-03-2024 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:47 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @Dgeedhar ,
Where did you get the vehicle back from, BOE, or Indy ?
Originally Posted by Dgeedhar
Hi Johnny. I got the car back today at 4PM, and the light is not on. I have been starting the car multiple times and checking and it hasn’t returned. The code was P0430. I also attached a picture of the service receipt. Also worth mentioning that the engine light came on while I was driving to the dealership on 2/26. Prior to this, the car has not been started for 6 days(2/20) and the temperatures were very cold. I don’t know if that could have affected anything but just wanted to let you know.
I can understand Johnny's frustration dealing with you.
He started out by asking you a simple question that you chose to ignore.
Perhaps English is not your primary language?

Old 04-05-2024, 10:24 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I thought he asked when I got the car back. I got the car back from Bentley Edison. I told the advisor yesterday that the CEL was off and he told me that it will return after driving for 15 mins after a cold start? I drove the car from BOE almost 40 mins after a cold start (car not started for 5-6 days) and I drove the car multiple times yesterday and today after cold starts and the light has not come back. I’m hoping that it was an intermittent fault like the one in November 2022.(P0430)

Last edited by Dgeedhar; 04-05-2024 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:00 PM
*update* the check engine light has NOT returned. I have started it multiple times after cold starts, and let it warm up to temperature, and drive it. Still no light. I guess it’s all clear then?

Old 07-01-2024, 06:38 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to give you guys an update. Since I got the car back from the dealership on April 3rd(48,184mi), I have put around 700 miles on the car(July 1st - 48,880mi). The engine light came on once at around 400 miles after receiving the car May 8th - 48,570). I got the code P0430 and I erased it. The car started to run very bad when I started it after erasing the code. But once I gave a little bit of throttle, the car became normal, and idled well. But if I turned the car off and on, it would run very rough and stall. I took it on a 5 minute drive, and then everything became normal after that. I think I might have erased the system memory according to other forums like VW. They said they had the exact problem after erasing the code. But anyways, the car has been fine since May 8th, and almost 300 miles later. A lot of people have told me that if the engine light doesn’t come back on shortly after clearing the codes, then the issue may be intermittent? As I mentioned, My service tech got the same code in November 2022 when the car had roughly 45,000 miles on it. The car’s performance and gas mileage seem to be normal, and it runs great too. I haven’t gotten it checked out yet and even tested to see which part is actually faulty because the light hasn’t been on since. Sorry for not listening to your advice Johnny, but I just saw this as a minor issue because the light was very intermittent. I’m not in any rush to get this 100 percent sorted. All I hope to do is to really just pass emissions in September, although I plan to get it done this month. Please give me your inputs.

Last edited by Dgeedhar; 07-01-2024 at 06:43 PM.