Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Mulsanne Comfort/Bentley/Sport switch not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 04:35 PM
hunterp27 is infamous around these parts
Bentley Mulsanne Comfort/Bentley/Sport switch not working

Teammates,

I have a Bentley Mulsanne and the switch that controls the driving characteristics (Comfort/Bentley/Sport) is stuck in Comfort mode. When turned to any of the other settings it stays in Comfort. I know there is a fuse for this and I have not checked that yet, but I am wondering of anyone has had this same issue with their car????. I would make a loose assumption that the electronics for the Continental, Flying Spur and Bentaga would probably be the same, thus if anyone else has experienced this on any platform, what did it turn out to be?

Old 06-01-2024, 08:07 AM
Well, I was able to figure this out and it basically comes down to me being an idiot coupled with a control button that may be starting to fail. It seems I was not depressing the button enough while rotating which is something I don’t recall having to do in the past.

Old 06-01-2024, 04:05 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hunterp27
Well, I was able to figure this out and it basically comes down to me being an idiot coupled with a control button that may be starting to fail. It seems I was not depressing the button enough while rotating which is something I don’t recall having to do in the past.
​​​​​​Hello @hunterp27 ,
Well that doesn't make any sense, it's either a failing switch, or was somehow damaged by the rotation without depression before turning, because, as you stated in your first comment, you were able to rotate the switch **** to any other setting, but the setting would stay in comfort regardless of were the **** was pointing to, is it possible that you used to much force to rotate without depressing said **** first, or did it always rotate freely ?

EDIT: I take it that there is not pointer on the **** itself, that the normal operation is the by rotation of the ****, the corresponding suspension setting illuminates as to being the selected position.

Did you try to pull the **** up and off to check the inside and shaft, to see if stripped ?

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-01-2024 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Add thoughts
Old 06-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Johnny,Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding. We were travelling to see my inlaws and I sorta checked out for a few days. So yes, you are correct there is definitely something wrong as it not working the way it should be. It should be a simple as rotating the **** and the selected mode should light up. That's not happening And to answer your question regarding whether there is a pointer on the dial? No there isn't. Can I just pull up on the **** and it come right off?

Old 07-22-2024, 04:19 AM
AlistairD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hunterp27
Johnny,Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding. We were travelling to see my inlaws and I sorta checked out for a few days. So yes, you are correct there is definitely something wrong as it not working the way it should be. It should be a simple as rotating the **** and the selected mode should light up. That's not happening And to answer your question regarding whether there is a pointer on the dial? No there isn't. Can I just pull up on the **** and it come right off?
It does sound like the switch isn't working. When I turn mine (no pressing or anything) the selection is shown in the infotainment screen and as you say - not on the switch itself.

A