Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2020 Bentley Continental GT Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2024, 01:37 PM
rdtruitt is infamous around these parts
2020 Bentley Continental GT Spoiler

The manual p 91 says there are "Home (stowed), Eco (partially deployed), and Sport (fully deployed)" spoiler positions, and that "the spoiler is automatically controlled dependent on vehicle speed." The manual says on p 220 that there are selectable positions of Sport, Eco, and Retracted, and that the Eco selection will partially deploy the spoiler, which at least suggests an automatic operation. To me, Eco would be the natural choice. The manual says on p 91 that in Eco, the spoiler will move from Retracted to the Eco (partially deployed) position at a maximum speed of 80 mph. So I selected Eco and sped up to 85 mph, and the infotainment screen never moved off the "Retracted" announcement; consequently, one might not know if the spoiler ever deployed, EXCEPT that when I stopped, I found the spoiler in the partially deployed position, although the screen never made this announcement. QUESTION: WHY DOESN'T THE SPOILER, IN ECO, AUTOMATICALLY RETRACT WHEN SLOWING DOWN THROUGH 70 MPH, AND WHY DOESN'T THE SCREEN CONSTANTLY REFLECT THE ACTUAL SPOILER POSITION? (Also, the p 91 commentary refers to "Spoiler buttons" on the lower center console, and there are no such buttons there. In general, I've come across many mistakes in the Continental manual, as though it was thrown together without a proper grammar and technical check. Great car, bad communication.)

Old 08-19-2024, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @rdtruitt ,
Can you post a picture of your console switches, maybe you missed them, here are some pictures of a 2020 GT, and the spoiler control (up/down) switches.

Johnny

Old 08-19-2024, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by johnny hotspur gt
Hello @rdtruitt ,
can you post a picture of your console switches, maybe you missed them, here are some pictures of a 2020 gt, and the spoiler control (up/down) switches.

Johnny

Ha, I believe I thought those were for the trunk lid! I'm still getting used to this car (is all i can say)! Many thanks, Johnny!

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-19-2024 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Fix Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 02:58 PM
One other thing, why doesn't the spoiler retract when slowing through 70?