Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT Speed "Immobi Active"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2024 | 01:04 PM
|
W12Norge
Bentley Continental GT Speed "Immobi Active"

I will try to get straight to the issue with the car and a bit of its history.
40,000km export Japan left-hand drive.

The car was imported into Norway and sat in a shipping container for a few months before having to be pulled out as the batteries were both dead. With the Bentley out of the container and new batteries installed by the local team at the yard, the Bentley did not start. I came down to have a look at the car after a software tech came and deactivated the immobilizer with no success in starting the Bentley.
I was able with my diag tablet (TopDon Phoenix Smart) to communicate with all modules in the car successfully. When I try to start the car there is no click anywhere. The radio flashes off and restarts. With the car in the workshop, I was able to locate the starter signal wire to put power to it directly as there is constant power to the starter. The starter never moved. On closer inspection, I could see a lot of corrosion on the back of the starter. I then tapped the starter with a long metal rod. I got the start solenoid to click one time and never again. I then took it as a bad engine starter and prepared everything for the job.

The car was not kept on a battery tender for one year, I have now resumed this project and get when turning the ignition "Immobi Active."

I have one key for this Bentley the key battery is new. The car locks and unlocks with the key. It fits and unlocks the driver's door cylinder. It goes into the ignition cylinder and unlocks the steering column. The Bentley sat for almost a year with no battery tender.

I have changed the house battery(following the Bentley process) as it had 5 volts and didn't take a charge. When I put the key in the ignition and turn or push the start-stop button nothing happens, the small LCD screen on the dash lights up "Immobi Active."

With a professional diagnostic machine, I can put the Bentley VIN into the tablet and access only a few modules like the KESSY and this is only if I turn the ignition and immediately try to access the Kessey model as it goes to sleep after a minute. The module was sent out and fixed last year as it had water damage.

I am only able to communicate with the following modules.
05 Access/Start Authorization
17 Instrument Cluster
19 Data Bus OBD Interface
37 Navigation
47 Sound System
57 TV Tuner
77 Telephone

Not to mention I have checked all fuses in the car including the MEGA fuses on the house battery side and the starter battery side.

Real head-scratcher; help to narrow this down, I will share a scan of the modules I can communicate with tomorrow morning.

Last edited by W12Norge; 10-06-2024 at 05:19 AM. Reason: uploading Attachments