BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 for my daughter - any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Russ, as far as E46 M3's go, newer is better. The early cars had some rod-bearing issues (01-03 I believe), so make sure there's is either documentation saying it was fixed under warranty OR get a newer car.

For wheels, I don't think you can beat OEM ZCP (CSL's).
I'd do a Supersprint exhaust.

BTW, send me her number. :

Old 10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eurorus
Dont say if you dont know!!!
Im working in family buisness since 16, and I work hard!!! SL, LAMBO, and S63 I bought for my own money, that I made by hard work!!! So please, dont rush with opinion!!!
I love this argument...what do you do? Your own money = the money your father/mother paid you (in essence, their money)...?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lax01
I love this argument...what do you do? Your own money = the money your father/mother paid you (in essence, their money)...?

Josh,

Why get all worked up? Why does it matter how someone acquired their vehicles? Ya, I'm 25 and had to work my *** off too in order to get my M3.... so what? Doesn't make me better then someone who had help acquiring their cars..... same goes for you.

I bring this up, because I have seen you in several threads going at different members who are young and have acquired nice vehicles with help from (what seems) to be their parents. Lighten up. This is a enthusiast forum, not financial planning or lecture forum.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
GrahamPaul is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Josh,

Why get all worked up? Why does it matter how someone acquired their vehicles? Ya, I'm 25 and had to work my *** off too in order to get my M3.... so what? Doesn't make me better then someone who had help acquiring their cars..... same goes for you.

I bring this up, because I have seen you in several threads going at different members who are young and have acquired nice vehicles with help from (what seems) to be their parents. Lighten up. This is a enthusiast forum, not financial planning or lecture forum.
Well said. If people want to buy their kids expensive cars then it's up to them. I'm sure they have worked hard for that money so they have the right to decide. I do agree that it is risky as it could be more dangerous but at the end of the day the parents will have to deal with the consequences, not us.

Anyway, sorry to be off-topic Mexico. I don't know too much about M3s so on a lighter note congrats on being able to buy your daughter such a nice car.

All the best with your decision

Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I'm 19 and have a cayenne and will soon be trading it in for an 08 Carrera. I hate how people have a problem with parents spoiling their children, is it right or wrong? It's their money they are the ones who will decide it. What I hate even more though is the kids who think they deserve the cars. Do i deserve my car? Hell no, i'm the luckiest kid in the world but no kid deserves a porsche. Eurorus - Come on man you are just a spoiled kid you didnt "work" for those cars. It's your dads business, HE decided to give you a job and HE decided to give u a **** load of money.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
uh oh...this is turning into age wars again...haha

rod bearing is 01-late 02.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
Josh,

Actually...its only been this thread that I've mentioned my feelings...and only after "kids" have bragged about having a certain set of cars...I'm not getting worked up about this...I just think its ridiculous to think that at less than 20 years old you should own or drive a car thats worth more than your future college education (hopefully you goto college)

Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Actually...its only been this thread that I've mentioned my feelings...and only after "kids" have bragged about having a certain set of cars...I'm not getting worked up about this...I just think its ridiculous to think that at less than 20 years old you should own or drive a car thats worth more than your future college education (hopefully you goto college)
Ill admit...Europa definitely is on the extreme side of the aquired cars while young side...but I guess w/e...I definitely had/have a TON of support and wouldnt be racing without my parents...thats for DAMN sure. Well...atleast I dont cover your worth more than your education stipulation...haha, Univ. of Penn is almost 200,000 for just 4 years!

I do know where your coming from though...and yes, at times it sucks...so just try to make yourself a better driver so that it doesnt MATTER what "that kid" is in...you know hes not nearly as good as you and that should bring something to the table. I know whenever I am around kids with gofast cars (the stis, evos, stangs etc), I could care less how arrogant or egotistical they are...because I know they cant use what they have...dunno, makes me feel better anyway.

Last edited by sechsgang; 10-18-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts

Those "kids" are only 4 years younger then you first off. I'm also amazed at the amount of "wisdom" you have acquired in those 4 years to determine what people should or should not do with their money. Your posts wreak of a self-righteousness that makes you look far worse then the "kids" bragging about what is in their drive-way.

You worked for your ride... good for you. That is to be commended. Most people on here have done the same. How does that make you better? How does it make those "kids" any worse?

Think about what you are saying before you say it. There is a dignity and respect that comes from earning things on your own. No need to squander that away by condemning those who are more fortunate then others.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i dont see a problem with parents buying their kids nice cars...i know i like that my parents have been able to do that for me and my 2 sisters...add in that the three of us went to (one sister still goes) to private college, its very nice and we are fortunate and dont take it for granted, we all did or do work our asses off for good grades. i dont know where you went to school lax01, but a 60K m3 isnt too bad when you consider that my dad payed about 170K for my 4 years of undergrad and then add in grad school too.
theres def a difference between a parent giving their child a nice car and that child deserves it and a child like paris hilton who hasnt done anything in life and still has more money than she knows what to do with it.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Russ, as far as E46 M3's go, newer is better. The early cars had some rod-bearing issues (01-03 I believe), so make sure there's is either documentation saying it was fixed under warranty OR get a newer car.

For wheels, I don't think you can beat OEM ZCP (CSL's).
I'd do a Supersprint exhaust.

BTW, send me her number. :
oh i see, so allof a sudden my LM's arent so good anymore haha

at least i have the supersprint exhaust too!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
Hmmm... first of all stop saying word "kids", in one way its insolting! Second, lax01, you know Russian psychology?! I hope u do! If I was in US, I would meet with and explain it to u. Dont think that in your 23 you saw or know more then I... i know what is hard live!!! 90s in post USSR countries were hard... At 12 years you didnt had to wear bulletproof west! What my family gave to is their buisness, and YES, I think I deserv it!

Some of you here are very strange... who cares about how we get this kind of cars!!!! As one of you said... THIS FORUM IS FOR CAR FANS!!!! People like you lax01 should be banned!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
lol ok...I'm done...

Old 10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
Soooo, how about that M3? (aka topic of this thread)

Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Eurorus is infamous around these parts
lol ok...I'm done...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 for my daughter - any help?