BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 for my daughter - any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
M3s are sick

Old 10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
ashokn225 has a spectacular aura aboutashokn225 has a spectacular aura about
Russ, you're so irresponsible, what are you THINKInG??

Good luck with the purchase buddy, your daughter is lucky as hell.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:46 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
So how is that contract coming along?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
My point was just that she has an automatic 5-series BMW already, and how glad I am that instead of wanting a new 5-series, or a new Merecedes, or a new Lexus, or whatever, she is specifically asking for a used M3 with a 6-speed. The main point I was trying to make was that I like the fact that all four of my children are growing up as car enthusiasts.
yeah, that is awesome in itself. As long as she is a responsible child there is no reason to not get it for her.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
oh i see, so allof a sudden my LM's arent so good anymore haha

at least i have the supersprint exhaust too!
Well, LM's are the excepton... They are the "awesome on everything" wheel. It's a given!

Man I wish I could have done CB/Cinn...eek.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Well, LM's are the excepton... They are the "awesome on everything" wheel. It's a given!

Man I wish I could have done CB/Cinn...eek.
yea...cinnamon...mmmmm

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Frög is infamous around these parts
lucky daughter.. but hey ive got a porsche at age 20.. i paid for it though..

a good friend of mine got a brand new e46 when she turned 16, she drives it like a old lady, the car never gets over 5k rpm.. dont worry, she will be safe..

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Banned
Scuderia-f430 is infamous around these parts
You think she can drive an M3, and she is a good driver,she never crash, I think she deserve it.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:17 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frög
lucky daughter.. but hey ive got a porsche at age 20.. i paid for it though..

a good friend of mine got a brand new e46 when she turned 16, she drives it like a old lady, the car never gets over 5k rpm.. dont worry, she will be safe..
what do you do for a living at 20 to afford that car? you put a smiley face on there that you paid for it, so i assume you have some sort of interesting story to go with it.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:29 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Male prostitution?

Old 10-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Look, he is not being irresponsible for wanting to get his daughter an M3. I am sure she is a good kid and deserves it. My father got me an M3 when I turned 16 and it was a great decision. The car was very safe and was I was never given a ticket or got in a wreck in it.

The salesmen when I got my S4 put it best when he said "the safest car is the one that gets out of the way the fastes."

What is so irresponsible about giving your daughter a car that will stop on a dime in case of an emergency, handle well enough to dodge anything that suprises her on the road such as drivers pulling out in front of her, and is no faster that a new Lexus IS 350.

I guess you guys are right, he is an irresponsible father (heavy sarcasm)

As for a car, I would check on E46 Fanatics.com. I know ACS M3 is selling his car butit might be more than you are looking for with his mods. However, having been around and seen many E46 M3's. I must say that i is the best looking one I have ever seen.

Here is a pic and a link.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512005

Old 10-21-2007, 03:15 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
Join M3forums for info, E46 fanatics is a waste of space.

Divxextreme is (or used to be) a mod over there as well. Its a great side dedicated specifically to the M with a sensible group of members all of who are VERY knowledgable when it comes to the E46 M.

Its the only other forum out there I've found that has a culture like 6 speed.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
Join M3forums for info, E46 fanatics is a waste of space.

Divxextreme is (or used to be) a mod over there as well. Its a great side dedicated specifically to the M with a sensible group of members all of who are VERY knowledgable when it comes to the E46 M.

Its the only other forum out there I've found that has a culture like 6 speed.
yeah, m3forums has all the goods.
good luck and let us know how it goes

Old 10-23-2007, 02:27 AM
bCaHnIaCnKa is infamous around these parts
personally, I got my M3 a few days after I turned 20 as a quasi graduation partial gift (I still had to fork over the rest), and I think if your daughter loves to drive and loves cars, an M3 coupe is definitely for her. I started off modding with just aesthetics and slowly moved over to suspension and more performance oriented mods, and despite a few bumps in the road I am loving the M3.

of course, it helps that it was my dream car for over 4 years ... but if your daughter loves driving, this is definitely a good choice in the crowd

I recommend (high) a 2004+ because it is slightly newer and has less 2003.5 type problems where they JUST switched over to LED tail lights etc.

in fact, if I were you, I'd try to find a 20,000 miles or so 2005 ZCP M3 with upgraded suspension and the ZCP wheels ... they even stood up to my parents' awesome parallel curbing skills .... =.=

Old 10-23-2007, 02:28 AM
bCaHnIaCnKa is infamous around these parts
oopS! to inject ... I would get her an exciting color, like white with imola red interior or jet black with imola red ... it makes a good statement. also carbon black and cinnamon is my favorite (surprise )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 for my daughter - any help?