BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Responsible user
Bronto is infamous around these parts
the 335 is a monster. here's a vid of the V1 racing against Gustav's E39 M5 from m5board

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/45mCxKqx204&rel=1[/MEDIA]

Last edited by Bronto; 10-29-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i cant wait to see what the 135 i is gonna be doing!

to bad that u cant put LSD's in the 335's ( exept for a small handfull of them)

Old 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
the m5 started to pull up top

Old 10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
i def believe the 335 pulled the rs4 and the new m3, but i know it wont pull a 997TT or m6 given equal drivers.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Responsible user
but...

V2

"I lost
Bmw m6 by 5~ cl
Porsche 911 turbo by 5~ cl

I did beat the porsche up to C.a 200-220 km by 2-3 cl then he passed me
The M6 was equal up to 200-220 then he pulled away"

^^from the first post

Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i def believe the 335 pulled the rs4 and the new m3, but i know it wont pull a 997TT or m6 given equal drivers.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by lax01
LOL I am quite aware that it is not an M...but 100whp gains from chip and exhaust seems extreme, even if the car is under-rated from the factory...what boost is stock and what is the V2 pushing it to? Its gotta be pushing close to 20psi to make that kind of power. Lets all just wait and see how long those tiny turbos last under that much strain...
Well lets see stock is around 8-9 psi I'm at about 13-14psi and V2 is about 15-16 psi according to my friends Boost gauge who has V2.As far as the turbos go I have 35,400 miles on my car 27,000 of those is tuned miles and all of them I've been raping the car since day one and my car runs like a champ. In Fact my car has gotten stronger.I ran my buddies 335i who keeps up with E60 M5's dead even the last few times we ran and I only have V1 and exhaust but he makes about 35whp more then I do based on my last dyno vs his.

Last edited by Jmoney; 10-29-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I called Joel at BHS and here is what you can expect from the 335i: Stock, 272 rwhp. Chips, the SS is about 312, the Vishnu maybe 318...but you have to hack into the harness. I went to the BMW dealership and test drove a coupe the other day and they are very clear; Chip = VOIDED WARRANTY. The SS is fully plug and play...just pull it out when you go to the stealer. I can live w/ 312 as a daily (get my hp fix w/ the GT2 on the weekends).

Vishnu stage 2 (chip w/ downpipe and exhaust) should give you a legit 360 to the wheels, maybe a little more.

The 335i or the 135 will be my next dd, I REALLY think the world of this car, especially for the money....but a 997 w/ chip and exhaust will crush it, please don't fantasize or contribute to internet bs.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 10-29-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I called Joel at BHS and here is what you can expect from the 335i: Stock, 272 rwhp. Chips, the SS is about 312, the Vishnu maybe 318...but you have to hack into the harness. I went to the BMW dealership and test drove a coupe the other day and they are very clear; Chip = VOIDED WARRANTY. The SS is fully plug and play...just pull it out when you go to the stealer. I can live w/ 312 as a daily (get my hp fix w/ the GT2 on the weekends).

Vishnu stage 2 (chip w/ downpipe and exhaust) should give you a legit 360 to the wheels, maybe a little more.

The 335i or the 135 will be my next dd, I REALLY think the world of this car, especially for the money....but a 997 w/ chip and exhaust will crush it, please don't fantasize or contribute to internet bs.
You don't need to hack into any harness lol wth? It's the same procedure and the SS tt is no where near Procede v1 let alone v2 this has been proven like a hundred time already on E90post.Also NO ONE CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE YOUR PART CAUSED THE FAULT Bottom line thats a LAW.The number of failed turbos or engines or tansmission caused by any tune including Vishnu ZERO to date that I've ever heard of I'm sure someone would make a huge thread online about it NO one has ever had that problem that I've ever seen.But theres alot of "My uncles brothers girlfriends dads cousin said that his Service advisor said that one of his other service advisor friends from another dealer said that he voided some guys warranty because of a chip" Please don't even mention it if there is NO proof to back up that claim.Someone else tried to say the cats melted on their Uncles 335 with Procede and had no proof just a stupid story and when contacted by Shiv the creator on this board infront of all these people that dude dissapperd without a trace and the thread was locked.You know why cause it was all BS.With that said I'd love to run a 997S with a chip and exhaust personally I don't think they have a chance until after I hit my electronic speed limiter.Anyone in la willing to try with some friendly runs?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Responsible user
we did run the 335s against a 997s, vids of it will be up soon and I think the porshe had a hard time keeping up..

Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 AM
Responsible user

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/sqtf2XES41A&rel=1[/MEDIA]

Old 10-30-2007, 04:57 AM
mbolo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bronto
Sweet photos bro..

Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Responsible user
A few pics from the event, more will come pretty soon

Old 10-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jmoney
You don't need to hack into any harness lol wth? It's the same procedure and the SS tt is no where near Procede v1 let alone v2 this has been proven like a hundred time already on E90post.Also NO ONE CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY UNLESS THEY CAN PROVE YOUR PART CAUSED THE FAULT Bottom line thats a LAW.The number of failed turbos or engines or tansmission caused by any tune including Vishnu ZERO to date that I've ever heard of I'm sure someone would make a huge thread online about it NO one has ever had that problem that I've ever seen.But theres alot of "My uncles brothers girlfriends dads cousin said that his Service advisor said that one of his other service advisor friends from another dealer said that he voided some guys warranty because of a chip" Please don't even mention it if there is NO proof to back up that claim.Someone else tried to say the cats melted on their Uncles 335 with Procede and had no proof just a stupid story and when contacted by Shiv the creator on this board infront of all these people that dude dissapperd without a trace and the thread was locked.You know why cause it was all BS.With that said I'd love to run a 997S with a chip and exhaust personally I don't think they have a chance until after I hit my electronic speed limiter.Anyone in la willing to try with some friendly runs?
It is true that the law will eventually back me, but the salesman at the local BMW dealership told me personally that any aftermarket except Dinan would void my warranty....I will have to lawyer up to enforce the contract which is a hassle...fortunately I have my attorney on speed dial but a kid like you probably does not have that option. Just understand that BMW is trying to avoid liability and you will have to take legal action to get your warranty enforced....however, by the end of next year (all the oil overheating issues should be worked out on the 08's) when I will be picking up either a 135i or a 335i, there should be no issues w/ a well sorted V2 upgrade.

Now, as to your claim of being able to smoke a chipped 997 w/ exhust, Jean (eclou here on 6speed), just ran a verified 7.73 in the recent 60-130 comp (my GT2 ran a 6.69). The standings are here:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=55163

I will put up 1K that you cannot match that in your 335. Get a GPS box (Driftbox or AX 22) run her, and send the data into KPG or Scott (Divexxtreme) for verification. Since you like to run your mouth lets see you back it up.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 10-30-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:25 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
A few pics from the event, more will come pretty soon

is that powdercoated?
doesnt look like the standard turbo rims.
looks very nice

Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
It is true that the law will eventually back me, but the salesman at the local BMW dealership told me personally that any aftermarket except Dinan would void my warranty....

actually, your sales guy doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. Dinan does void the warranty. However, there is an agreement between BMW and Dinan that if any of Dinan parts were to make something else fail, Dinan pays for it and not BMW. This is transparent for the customer therefore Dinan can say that their cars are backed up with warranty.

So Dinan does not get a free pass. They just put their money where their mouth is (and this is also partly why their stuff is generally more expensive).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20