BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lax01
I love that you still insist comparing to BMW's motors....Why do you do this? Do you think you are going to insult me personally by saying the S54 isn't tunable because I have one? You think I care?

Like I said, both the 2JZ and RB26 are very tunable motors but they aren't anything special in terms of technology. Low compression, iron blocks...hmm I wonder why they can handle power...
well, they are from late 80s/early 90s
compare to those motors to S54 or N54, i think they are quite impressive

Old 11-03-2007, 05:10 PM
KINGS POWER is infamous around these partsKINGS POWER is infamous around these parts
only problem I see with the new 335i is the fact that if you flash the ECU. it get coded as such in the ECU, kiss warranty good bye

Old 11-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KINGS POWER
only problem I see with the new 335i is the fact that if you flash the ECU. it get coded as such in the ECU, kiss warranty good bye
well you shouldn't even be moding if you are worried about warranty anyways.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
I love that you still insist comparing to BMW's motors....Why do you do this? Do you think you are going to insult me personally by saying the S54 isn't tunable because I have one? You think I care?
No, I've got two of them. And an RB26. I think that puts me in a better position to have an informed opinion on them than you.

Like I said, both the 2JZ and RB26 are very tunable motors but they aren't anything special in terms of technology. Low compression, iron blocks...hmm I wonder why they can handle power...
Yeah, look at what BMW was making when the RB26 was created lol!

Kings Power, I agree one of the potential drama's with a 335 is if you mod it and get left out in the cold by BMW. I know in the States BMW are a lot more willing to let mods pass, thats unfortuantely not the case here in Australia.

They are an awesome bit of kit, but the M will always be a more special car.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Yawn!!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
No, I've got two of them. And an RB26. I think that puts me in a better position to have an informed opinion on them than you.
Whats your degree in professor?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KINGS POWER
As far as I know there aren't any flashes available for the ECU at this point. The Proceed, Excede and Juice Box II are all piggyback systems, no?

Piggyback systems are undetectable if removed before taking the car in for service.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
mbolo is infamous around these parts
May I be so bold as to point out that we're getting a little OT, when we're reading a heated discussion on Nissan engines in a thread about an airfield event with the new M3..

I feel like I bought a ticket to watch a movie, and suddenly there are all these people in front of the screen playing bingo.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
exactly! mbolo , i mean really who gives a flying fawk about nissans???? just cuase some one said ...""" oh but the skyline will smoke it" big frickin deal . like i said b4 if u want to talk about nissans and the allmighty skyline there are plenty of nissan forums you can go to.

lets get back on topic,

Old 11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
i blame Hansel for this jk

Old 11-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Hansel is infamous around these parts
HAHA.. my bad!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
a GT-R will wipe the dust off all these cars.....FTW!!!!!

Started here, pg. 4.. SO THERE!!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by unvmym3
exactly! mbolo , i mean really who gives a flying fawk about nissans???? just cuase some one said ...""" oh but the skyline will smoke it" big frickin deal . like i said b4 if u want to talk about nissans and the allmighty skyline there are plenty of nissan forums you can go to.

lets get back on topic,
+1 Skyline = Awesome car but who cares?? After all this is the BMW section.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
ctC230K is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mbolo
May I be so bold as to point out that we're getting a little OT, when we're reading a heated discussion on Nissan engines in a thread about an airfield event with the new M3..

I feel like I bought a ticket to watch a movie, and suddenly there are all these people in front of the screen playing bingo.
i want my ****ing 30 minutes back!! aside from the video links, what a useless thread!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:54 PM
The video links don't even show the race.. so I'm with you on that.. and there's no way I'm buying a dvd with that race on it..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M5board.com E92 M3 vs RS4 vs 335i vs... +20