BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

335i w Procede V2 reaches 400+whp/420+wtq!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
This will be sick in the 135 coupe

Old 11-07-2007, 07:09 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
crazy ****!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, great numbers!

Should be able to hang with stg 3 Audi B5 S4

Old 11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
ArcticBoost is infamous around these parts
^ Yea, that'd be a great race. Can't wait to see when turbo upgrades really settle in and are finely tuned.

This car is truly a masterpiece.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Damn! 400 rwhp is insane for the price paid. Like everyone is saying.... I wonder how long it will be before the engine blows!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FredS4
Is it easy to switch the reprogramming OFF when you go to the dealer?
BMW is coming out with a new software that will be able to detect the piggy back computer and start voiding warranties due to aftermarket software. The biggest problem thus far is that the 335's with software keep blowing fuel pumps. Bmw said they will not warranty the fuel pumps any longer if they find that the car had been modded in any way..

Old 11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
rriva is infamous around these parts
I am always impressed off the line when I take most cars in this price point.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
They are impressive no doubt. It still hasn't grown on me as much as it has to in order for me to get one. I like it better in style than the E92 M3 for sure. Perhaps a good rear bumper on the E92 would make me like it more. The front I can live with with an Aero kit or some of the other spoilers I have seen. The rear needs to be more full and lower and a better lip spoilers needs to be in place.

Not an Idrive Fan whatsoever and I hate the centered NAV and controls look in the interior. I can live with it but would rather not. An E46 M3 is still a hit with me.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by V8HAHA
BMW is coming out with a new software that will be able to detect the piggy back computer and start voiding warranties due to aftermarket software. The biggest problem thus far is that the 335's with software keep blowing fuel pumps. Bmw said they will not warranty the fuel pumps any longer if they find that the car had been modded in any way..
Where are you getting your info? First of all Procede is a Hardware Piggyback ECU not a Software flash therefore completly Undetectable from BMW computers I've tried this several times along with other users.The only way the dealer would know about the Procede is if you leave it in there for a major service problem and they physically look for the unit. Also it is true that Fuel pumps are faulty from the factory and have failed on some cars but that happens to cars that aren't even modded with maybe 1500miles or so but that has nothing to do with the Procede or anyother Piggyback ECU. I've added over 36,000 miles on my car this year on my original fuel pump and Procede with no problems so please don't spread false misinformed information.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I'd be more concerned about a blown engine. Is Vishnu keeping track of how many motors are being killed with this much boost?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by rriva
I'd be more concerned about a blown engine. Is Vishnu keeping track of how many motors are being killed with this much boost?
NONE.The motor isn't even near it's limits...The turbos will go far before the engine does.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM
My comments are from my conversations with one of the engineers of the motor. More a condition concern than a capacity issue.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jmoney
NONE.The motor isn't even near it's limits...The turbos will go far before the engine does.
You really do trust this motor. How are you SO SURE that there is no motor blown? There could have been but people might not want to report or mention them (such as Procede themselves maybe). Just don't be too sure of something that you cannot 100% backup.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
You really do trust this motor. How are you SO SURE that there is no motor blown? There could have been but people might not want to report or mention them (such as Procede themselves maybe). Just don't be too sure of something that you cannot 100% backup.
Find me one because all I've seen are thereads like one started a few months back "don't buy procede cause my uncles car's cats melted" then when asked for proof the dude fell off the face of the earth. It's pretty historical that I6 Motors hold up very well to these boost conditions even ones that weren't even FI from the factory do you really think BMW is going to embarass themselves by making a motor that would blow so easily? Especially after it won numerous awards including internation engine of the year? I highly doubt the motor is just going to go up in smoke with some added boost,timing and fuel c'mon people quit dreaming.Like I said the turbos are likely to go before the engine will.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
J - the net is full of haters man. Many of which post here. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy **** I have heard from some people re: the tuning of these engines.

.....and to those of you (608TTS) that question whether there has been NO cases of a blown engine from a piggyback system, show me ONE case where there HAS been. It goes both ways boys and girls.

The car is damn good and has a good bit more left on the table from stock form. The only thing I am concerned about is the tranny handling the power. I personally think with the internals the car has (incl. the tranny) I think the V2 is relatively close to its limits. Just a guestimation on my end..there are others much smarter than me on this that can chime in. Having said that, to get the performance numbers the car gets for an additional $1,400+- is just f'ing staggering.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i w Procede V2 reaches 400+whp/420+wtq!