BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Vishnu 335i does 12.3 @ 117 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 PM
IIVVX is infamous around these partsIIVVX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
dont worry, any real enthusiast who knows anything about cars know what order those go in. 911 turbo is king! nobody does turbos like porsche does!
i love porsche turbos just as much as the next guy but don't discount the capabilities of the GT-R. it has a rich and successful racing heritage. from a modding standpoint the GT-R is a stunner, 4 digit power is readily available.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i love porsche turbos just as much as the next guy but don't discount the capabilities of the GT-R. it has a rich and successful racing heritage. from a modding standpoint the GT-R is a stunner, 4 digit power is readily available.
i didnt mean for that to sound like i was discrediting the GT-R, I wasnt. its history is very prestigious and was IIRC the first prod car to break 8 mins as the ring. i would def put it up there with the 911 turbo in terms of a stong motor that can hold enormous amounts of power and also has the handling like the turbo. the turbo is the best every day supercar in my opinion. the gtr is right there. but if you want strictly straight line, the supra is nearly unbeatable.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i didnt mean for that to sound like i was discrediting the GT-R, I wasnt. its history is very prestigious and was IIRC the first prod car to break 8 mins as the ring. i would def put it up there with the 911 turbo in terms of a stong motor that can hold enormous amounts of power and also has the handling like the turbo. the turbo is the best every day supercar in my opinion. the gtr is right there. but if you want strictly straight line, the supra is nearly unbeatable.
agreed.

one thing though, everyone always says the supra is only for the straights and i understand that perception but i think for my next supra i will try to rectify that. it really has a great chassis and it quite capable with the right parts. remember that GSC supra? it only had coilovers and sways, imagine what a properly setup car could do.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
supravi is infamous around these parts
For the price, gtr will be hard to beat. the thing is, though, it is creating a whole new class.

no one really knows what to compare it to, so they are just comparing it to everything. As the price level goes up, the cars it is competing against will be better.

again, how much hp can the stock internals handle on a 335i?

Porschec4: do you have any performance numbers on your e46? looks awesome!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Luxotic
For the price, gtr will be hard to beat. the thing is, though, it is creating a whole new class.

no one really knows what to compare it to, so they are just comparing it to everything. As the price level goes up, the cars it is competing against will be better.

again, how much hp can the stock internals handle on a 335i?

Porschec4: do you have any performance numbers on your e46? looks awesome!
thanks luxo! i have not been to the dragstrip with it, but i DO want to go and give it a couple passed as see what it runs. i will post up once i do, which i dont think can be until spring now, so long as i dont find a 996TT to trade the car for that meets my criteria.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
that pic is

we all have our good days and our bad and sometimes it translates onto here. no worries, me and scott chatted via PM. he seems like a really nice guy and he made me feel ashamed of the way i responded to him. so once again, sorry for my behavior.

i would like to see pics of your car when you get those wheels on, should look damn good!

and i would wait as well on the V2, no reason to be the guinea pig with an ECU upgrade. a friend of mine just picked up a 535 w/6speed and he is waiting on getting the V2 as well. it's a great bang for the buck mod though.

That pic is awesome. Good find by Alpine.

You should not feel ashamed in any way Wali. It was just a heat of the moment thing that happens. The cool thing is that it was handled like adults. I could kick myself in the *** for letting that crap happen sometimes.

Bottom line, I am a car nut and love 'em all....some more than others..but as can be seen by recent ownership, I'm not what you call "badge specific". I can't wait to see the GT-R hit the streets. Not that I am looking to buy one (at least right now I don't think so) I just want to see it "in the flesh". I like the pics so far.

I love the 6speed family....there are some really cool, interesting people on here and the last thing I want to do is risk getting my *** tossed off of here. Awwwww ---another cat hug for everyone

Old 11-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Stussyhb is infamous around these parts
nice run...

Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
that is just crazy....cant wait to see what the 135 can do....

Old 11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
hitekniks is infamous around these parts
iMpressive.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by slavik
that is just crazy....cant wait to see what the 135 can do....
we need a hi res of your avatar stat

Old 11-28-2007, 01:58 AM
3BE
3BE is infamous around these parts
My friend has the same chip but is now having engine problems and BMW will not cover him.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
we need a hi res of your avatar stat
can i post it here???

Old 11-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by slavik
can i post it here???
absolutely!