Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
1 series debut's @ L.A. Autoshow.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071115....makes-us-debut

BMW 1 Series Coupe Makes US Debut
230 or 300 hp

The BMW 1 Series Coupe has finally touched down on American soil and is ready to take off where the 1976 BMW 2002 left off. The new BMW 1 Series will go on sale in spring 2008 as the 230 hp 128i and 300 hp 135i.
Both versions are powered by a 3.0 liter inline six-cylinder engine. The 128i uses a Valvetronic valvetrain management to produce 230 hp with 200 lb-ft of torque. The 135i uses twin low-mass turbo's, direct piezo gasoline injectors and air-to-air intercooling to put 300 hp to the wheels with 300 lb-ft of torque.
The 135i comes standard with the M Aerodynamic Kit and both versions come with a choice of two interior options, namely the sporty and comfortable Leatherette or rich Boston Leather. There has been no word on pricing just yet.

Press Release

The BMW 1 Series Coupe, which draws inspiration from the iconic BMW 2002 of some 40 years ago, has made its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show. By combining sporty rear-wheel-drive dynamics, agile handling, powerful engines and seating for four, the 1 Series Coupe will reinvent the niche created by the legendary BMW 2002.
On sale in the spring of 2008, the 1 Series Coupe will be available in two versions; the 128i and the 135i. Powered by a 3.0-liter, 230 horsepower inline 6-cyinder engine that generates 200 lb-ft of torque, the 128i Coupe will feature Valvetronic valvetrain management and aluminum/magnesium contruction-core elements of BMW's EfficientDynamics.
The powerful 135i Coupe features BMW's twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that produces 300 horsepower and an incredible 300 lb-ft of torque from as low as 1,400 rpm. With its direct piezo gasoline injectors, twin low-mass turbochargers and air-to-air intercooling, optimum performance and economy is achieved with no loss in engine response. For the 135i Coupe, acceleration from 0-62 mph is accomplished in 5.3 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph. Both engines feature on-demand engine coolant pumps that improve fuel economy and reduce parasitic losses for increased output.
Handsome looks with sporting intentions

The new 1 Series Coupe combines unique, dynamic and unmistakable design elements with a powerful and muscular body. The greenhouse with its characteristic "Hofmeister kink" is moved rearward and offers a particularly nimble look with its long hood. The short overhangs, long wheelbase and large frameless doors sit on a body with a striking shoulder line for a modern interpretation of BMW's characteristic look. On the 135i Coupe, an M Aerodynamic Kit is standard.
The 1 Series boasts an aggressive rear end styling. The trunklid has an integrated spoiler chiselled into the rear end of the car to accentuate the short rear section. On the 135i, an additional lip spoiler provides greater downforce on the rear end at high speeds.
Luxurious interior appointments with today's technology

The innovative interior design incorporates high-quality and sophisticated trim elements with luxurious upholstery and color choices. A 60/40 split rear seat is standard. The control console for the entertainment and air conditioning functions is integrated smoothly and harmoniously into the dashboard through its soft radii and flowing surfaces. The controller featured in the iDrive system with the optional Navigation system is integrated in the center console, again following BMW's characteristic philosophy. Galvanized pearl gloss surfaces adorn the interior door handles, the glove compartment handle, the radio's rotary *****, the ***** of the automatic air conditioning system, the iDrive Controller, and the ornamental trim strips featured on the sports steering wheel.
The BMW 1 Series Coupe is available with a choice of two upholstery options-sporty and comfortable Leatherette or rich Boston Leather. Boston Leather upholstery adds further style to the high-quality impression of the interior. And as a practical feature, map pockets are integrated in the lower part of the doors. The optional Sport Package includes sports buckets seats with enhanced side support and are finished in highly distinctive leatherette materials or Boston leather.
Enhanced iDrive and integration of an external MP3 player

BMW's iDrive is included with the optional navigation system. It enables the driver to control all secondary and comfort functions such as communication, air conditioning, entertainment and navigation functions easily and conveniently.
This latest version of iDrive is equipped with six Programmable Memory Keys that allow the driver to program functions that are used particularly often such as navigation destinations, radio stations or specific telephone numbers. Touch-sensative sensors on these buttons preview the function on the iDrive screen before the button is depressed. This allows the driver to choose the stored function safely and conveniently, keeping his or her eyes on the road in the process.
A wide choice of audio and communication are also available, never before seen in the compact performance market. These features include SIRIUS satellite radio, HD radio, Premium Sound system and Bluetooth interface. For simple and straightforward connection of an MP3 player, an Auxiliary input jack is standard, and a USB port for direct control of an Apple iPod or iPhone media player is available as an option.
High-tech suspension with newly-developed differential

In typical BMW style, the new BMW 1 Series Coupe transmits the power of the engine to the rear wheels. This design concept and configuration - engine at the front, drive wheels at the rear - guarantees optimum traction, good weight distribution front-to-rear, excellent directional stability, and predictable handling.
The new 1 Series Coupe has a sophisticated suspension system with an aluminium double-pivot front suspension and a five-link fully independent rear suspension in lightweight steel. BMW's Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) also includes a Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) function that provides electronic intervention to prevent loss of vehicle control, but at a higher threshold before activation. Active Steering, a variable ratio steering system exclusive to BMW, is available as an option.
M-inspired performance for the 135i Coupe

The 135i Coupe offers more performance and a striking look thanks to M-inspired components. Features include an Aero kit for additional downforce at speed, better brake cooling and enhanced aesthetics while the Sports Suspension offers higher traction and reduced body roll with 18-inch wheels and performance tires. The Sports Suspension also includes with a high-performance brake system incorporating six-piston fixed calipers on the front and two-piston fixed calipers at the rear.

Last edited by MCJ; 11-15-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
orhanz33 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

the 135 looks very promising

Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
That could very well be my 'other' car!!! Looking very nice!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
I'm a big fan of the 135, but doesn't that front end shot sort of look like a surprised fish?

Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 911m3s2k
I'm a big fan of the 135, but doesn't that front end shot sort of look like a surprised fish?
Isn't that cute? I LOVE IT!

Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
EnriqueCK is infamous around these parts
Wonder how much a "nicely equipped" 135 will run...

Old 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Headlights are a little bit too big but looks pretty nice overall...

Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
Most likely around $40k-ish...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=106190

Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK

Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
they should add ZCP!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 AM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
they should add ZCP!
There will be so many aftermarket parts for this car you'll be swimming in options...this car is a tuner's dream and for about 5K will easily surpass the new M3's performance...

Old 11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Eh, its "cute" but its nothing i would ever drive.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 AM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Great looking car, definitely going to be a popular vehicle for BMW.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned
JADE46 is infamous around these parts
nice color

Old 11-17-2007, 05:22 PM
bigali88 is infamous around these parts
I think blue would have been a better color for the debut.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 series debut's @ L.A. Autoshow.