BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

BMW Z4M Roadster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
BMW Z4M Roadster

I will take delivery of this beautiful car on Tuesday next week .

I want to start to change the car right away.

What I was thinkin about is the following:

Exhaust and Headers from either Supersprint or Eisenmann.

Coilovers from H&R or KW V3

Wheels: the hardest choice and no idea so far what I want.
I only know that I want to have 19" wheels.
Here are some of my choices so far:

M6 wheels Silver/gunmetal version (I hope Modbargains don't mind):

Breyton Spirit Flat Black

Sorry no picture on car (does anyone have one)

What I also like is HRE 590R, Radenergie R10, DPE Flat Black Signature S10, Modulare M3 wheels.

Any suggestions and help to choose the right products would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Daniel

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
congrats. i have a z4 m coupe. really, unless you are going to be tracking A LOT, consider simply springs and good tires. i still have yet to break the tires loose in hard driving with the PS2's and completely stock suspension. i just replaced my stock conti's with PS2's and the difference is unbelievable. keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has had fully adjustable coilovers on every car ive ever owned. and go with SS, eisenmann is overpriced for what it is. you can get a fully supersprint system for only 200 more than eisenmann cans.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
congrats. i have a z4 m coupe. really, unless you are going to be tracking A LOT, consider simply springs and good tires. i still have yet to break the tires loose in hard driving with the PS2's and completely stock suspension. i just replaced my stock conti's with PS2's and the difference is unbelievable. keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has had fully adjustable coilovers on every car ive ever owned. and go with SS, eisenmann is overpriced for what it is. you can get a fully supersprint system for only 200 more than eisenmann cans.
Thanks for the reply. I have changed only the spring on a car before and I did not like the ride at all. I have heard the same from people that have changed the springs on the M also and did not like it. I also will use the car on the track from time to time. Do you know where I can get a fully Supersprint exhaust for a good price?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
the cheapest i have seen it is right at 2000 from turner motorsports. however, BMP Design sells it for about 2200 incl free shipping and a $400 store rebate... which would be great if you decided to go with H&R since they are an H&R dealer. and about just the springs, i have heard nothing but positive reviews regarding the H&R springs on the M's... everyone i have spoken to regarding them says they make the ride quite a bit better and improve handling greatly. this works due to a more linear progressive spring rate, you will notice that stock, the springs are extremely bouncy over rough surfaces... the car is overdamped and undersprung from the factory.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 PM
lsbe36 is infamous around these parts
Go DPE S15's instead of S10's is what i say....

Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 PM
euroaaron12 is infamous around these parts
im getting mine from modbargains.com and its an awesome price. 674 for each mufflers whooooooo!!!! http://www.modbargains.com/gdept.aspx?dept_id=12-006

Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
go with the KW V2 its less harsh unless this will be consistently on the track (which i doubt since its top down), the ride will be nicely aggressive with a touch of luxury. the HRE 590Rs are so damn sexy in pretty much any color u can think of but i would try out the machined/brushed finish or charcoal/gunmetal... then again from what i see u want flat black which will also look incredible. black out the front grills, the amber reflector and get urself the prefacelift xenon headlight with the black inner trims... it will look incredible! oh yeah don't forget the hardtop. nice choice and congrats, thats a fun car

Old 11-22-2007, 04:47 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
bbs ch, M3 comp wheels, volks

this is your website. they have alot of z4 stuff

http://www.tcklineracing.com/coupe.htm

Old 11-22-2007, 05:06 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Just get some OEM ZCP wheels for the M3. Love that.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by MrDumpling
go with the KW V2 its less harsh unless this will be consistently on the track (which i doubt since its top down), the ride will be nicely aggressive with a touch of luxury. the HRE 590Rs are so damn sexy in pretty much any color u can think of but i would try out the machined/brushed finish or charcoal/gunmetal... then again from what i see u want flat black which will also look incredible. black out the front grills, the amber reflector and get urself the prefacelift xenon headlight with the black inner trims... it will look incredible! oh yeah don't forget the hardtop. nice choice and congrats, thats a fun car
The V2 is not available for the Z4 M only the V3 (what I have seen so far)
I have to get some quotes for the HRE 590Rs. Do you know any stores where I can get a good price for them? I will go for the flat black.
Thanks,
Dan

Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
SENDING PM

I have a GREAT GREAT GREAT DEAL on a LIGHTLY USED set of BBS CHs with the best rubber availible...potenza REOR1s (They are far grippier than the ps2 but with a higher tread rating than the pscup (they are completely legal and great in the rain)

I will give you a GREAT deal on these...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 AM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
bbs ch, M3 comp wheels, volks

this is your website. they have alot of z4 stuff

http://www.tcklineracing.com/coupe.htm
I have 19" TCK Volks, but not sure they're making them any more...you'd have to check with TCK.

The wheels are 10.5 rear/9.5 front. I'm running a 4.10 LSD and the 10.5 rears with 275 PS2s constantly struggle for traction.

Posted this pic on a previous thread. This is my car with a TCK True Match suspension, camber plates, etc...

I also have this scheduled for install next week :

Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 AM
SixSpeed5 is infamous around these parts
Nice color combination! Looks fantastic. The M6 wheels look pretty hot, I think I would take those over the Spirits, but not sure about the 590Rs.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
911m3s2k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SixSpeed5
Nice color combination! Looks fantastic. The M6 wheels look pretty hot, I think I would take those over the Spirits, but not sure about the 590Rs.
I wouldn't go with anything heavier then the stock wheel...I hear those Breytons are like boat anchors...pretty boat anchors, no doubt, but still boat anchors...

Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by 911m3s2k
I wouldn't go with anything heavier then the stock wheel...I hear those Breytons are like boat anchors...pretty boat anchors, no doubt, but still boat anchors...
Great looking car. What else did you do to the car? Anymore pics? Where did you get the Cf hood?

I am still looking to see which wheels I should get. I am also looking at HRE C20.
Weight is important but I probably will use some wheels for the looks and everyday driving and another set for the track.

Last edited by DanWeber; 11-29-2007 at 10:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW Z4M Roadster