BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

1995 M3 LTW on eBay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
danny mckenna sold his M3LTW a few years ago, it had about 250 miles on it if i remember correctly. it sold for about $45k.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex
Yes, it has collectable status but the E36M3 in general was an insult to the US M community. We were fed a car designed around 320bhp with only 240bhp. Whether it was BMWNA finance or stubborn emission issues it was a slap in the face to their largest market.
I totally agree with this statement. We got the shaft.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I think the seller saw this thread and is trying to spite us... Check the price again:

price: US $1,000,000.00

Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 AM
D-VO is infamous around these partsD-VO is infamous around these parts
The noticeable and rare parts on the car include

LTW Wheels with the BMW Motorsport stamp - staggered...
M Technic Cloth seats, VERY rare option
They were all alpine white with the flag on the corners
GTR Wing
Splitter
Handpicked engine (if that's true)
and a host of other goodies including suspension and exhaust

they also got manuals that specified them as CSL's but BMW advertised them as LTW's

Old 11-27-2007, 07:33 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Spencer
Anyone interested in a 993 over an E36 is smoking some good stuff...
I got the good stuff right here. The 24x hp E36 is a nice car, but absolutely no match for a 993.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
You need to step outside the E36 "fan-boy" mentality over on bimmerforums.

The E36 M3 LTW, while rare, was really nothing special. Slightly lighter, slightly stiffer, a few aero pieces which won't do anything on the street, different interior, etc, etc. No gain in power on paper, no massive changes to the drivetrain, etc, etc.

A slightly modded E36 M3 will be faster on the street/strip/track compared with a LTW.

The great thing about the E36 M3, is that is has to be the easiest car in the world to drive at 10/10th on the track, and hence, makes the car look quite fast in the hands of just about anyone.

We agree on all but ease of driving at the track. The cars are known to get "light in the back" and they are so good, average drivers are over-confident. Road Atlanta and E36 M3's have created quite a bit of work for body shops through the years.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Banned
GarrettM is infamous around these parts
You need to step outside the E36 "fan-boy" mentality over on bimmerforums.

The E36 M3 LTW, while rare, was really nothing special. Slightly lighter, slightly stiffer, a few aero pieces which won't do anything on the street, different interior, etc, etc. No gain in power on paper, no massive changes to the drivetrain, etc, etc.

A slightly modded E36 M3 will be faster on the street/strip/track compared with a LTW.

The great thing about the E36 M3, is that is has to be the easiest car in the world to drive at 10/10th on the track, and hence, makes the car look quite fast in the hands of just about anyone.

God your retarded.

Last edited by GarrettM; 11-28-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by DHinkle
We agree on all but ease of driving at the track. The cars are known to get "light in the back" and they are so good, average drivers are over-confident. Road Atlanta and E36 M3's have created quite a bit of work for body shops through the years.
I don't know what hes talking about...You can't 'easily' drive a car hard...A normal driver wont correct or control a skid, put up good times etc etc.

As far as 'looking fast'.......Well another retarded statement.

He's just mad because the M3 is better on the track than the 993, which is the truth.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
"Your" or "you're".... If you are going to call someone a retard, you might want to spell the sentence correctly....

From my personal track experience, the E36 M3 is one of the easiest cars to drive hard on the track. And yes, there are "easy" and "hard" cars to drive at the limit. Try lifting mid corner in an E36 M3 and then a 930 Turbo. World of difference.

As far as "light at the rear," these cars understeer with the stock suspension just like most cars from the 90's on. If people are getting significant oversteer, it is probably due to their after market suspension setup, or their poor driving skills. Their cheap value also attracts quite a lot of the teeny-bopper crowd, who most likely don't have much in the way of driving experience.

Either way, I love E36 M3's, and still own my 95. I'll probably keep and drive the car into the ground, but making a statement that a US Spec E36 M3 is a better car than a 993 is ludicrous.

The E36 M3 fan-boy mentality gets old quick. Most of the kids on the BMW forums think their $10k M3 is some sort of holy car cast from the hands of God... Time to scurry back to BF.com, Garrett, or you can just call me a "retard" again...

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GarrettM
I don't know what hes talking about...You can't 'easily' drive a car hard...A normal driver wont correct or control a skid, put up good times etc etc.

He's just mad because the M3 is better on the track than the 993, which is the truth.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned
Talking

"Your" or "you're".... If you are going to call someone a retard, you might want to spell the sentence correctly....

From my personal track experience, the E36 M3 is one of the easiest cars to drive hard on the track. And yes, there are "easy" and "hard" cars to drive at the limit. Try lifting mid corner in an E36 M3 and then a 930 Turbo. World of difference.

As far as "light at the rear," these cars understeer with the stock suspension just like most cars from the 90's on. If people are getting significant oversteer, it is probably due to their after market suspension setup, or their poor driving skills. Their cheap value also attracts quite a lot of the teeny-bopper crowd, who most likely don't have much in the way of driving experience.

Either way, I love E36 M3's, and still own my 95. I'll probably keep and drive the car into the ground, but making a statement that a US Spec E36 M3 is a better car than a 993 is ludicrous.

The E36 M3 fan-boy mentality gets old quick. Most of the kids on the BMW forums think their $10k M3 is some sort of holy car cast from the hands of God... Time to scurry back to BF.com, Garrett, or you can just call me a "retard" again...
Oh no I spelled 'you're' wrong call the whambulance lol...

As far as the debate goes it's up to the driver. The M3 is more reliable, more easy to work on, cheaper to modify, more easy to drive, cheaper to buy and will run longer. You strip them out very easily, do the suspension and call it a track car, thats why you see more E36 M3s as track cars. Not to mention the handling of the two is neck and neck...Just because I stand behind my car doesn't make me some 'fanboy' who has no clue nor do I think my car is "[a] holy car cast from the hands of God"- thats the 2002Tii

But hey if you want to think having a squirrelly rear coming out of corner for better placement for the next one makes it a better car go ahead.

I love them both and if the 993 were cheaper and easier to maintain I would have looked at one too.

And to clear it up Im not some e36 nut hugger. My car is a piece of shlt, the doors fell apart, the glove box is sagging, the head liner is falling off, etc etc. But is is pretty quick in a straight line, handles great, gets a lot of looks and is still sexy twelve years later.

PS- BFC.com is a great site, full of idiots, but the knowledge and experience on that site is hard to match. <3.

Last edited by GarrettM; 11-28-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GarrettM

I have no idea what your post is intending to communicate. Yes, you can "easily" drive a car fast (though I didn't make that statement). Jackie Stewart (you'll probably need to use F1's website to look him up) teaches to drive as fast as you can, as slow as you can. If you race or can drive at a decent level, you understand the statement.

Looking fast??? No idea what you mean. I am assuming you liked Ricky Bobby???

If you are referencing my 993 vs. an E36 M3 LTW, I think you would be a making a very large mistake. If you're referencing Luis and his former 993, you would be making a mistake. If you're referencing the 993 Cab that you saw at Starbucks, you may be correct.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
It takes a pretty highly modded M3 to keep up with a 993. Regardless, I'd take the Porsche anytime.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
C4ESQ is infamous around these parts

Waste of money, regardless of rarity, collectability, etc.

E46 M3 is a much better vehicle, which, of course will only make you long for a 911.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned
on 3 is infamous around these parts
Price is a little high

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1995 M3 LTW on eBay