BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

New M6 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! We had one at the shop with the light grey/white interior that was really pretty.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Green is infamous around these parts
Thanks!

Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Love the M6, congrats!

Old 12-04-2007, 05:47 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Congradulations, I like the M6 its a terrific car and you've choose the best colour to show the lines.

I would add some Black Hamman wheels to make it look much sporty.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
looking good, enjoy your new ride

Old 12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
cleanme is infamous around these parts
A lot of people don't like the M6 but I like it because it's different. And that high revving V10 might have something to do with it

Congrats, I like that colour, is it sort of "blue-y?"

Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by cleanme
A lot of people don't like the M6 but I like it because it's different. And that high revving V10 might have something to do with it

Congrats, I like that colour, is it sort of "blue-y?"
Yes, it's a silver grey with a bluish hue to it.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
looks great! I just picked up my M5 and I havent loved a car more...

Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 AM
newtonold is infamous around these parts
sweet ride, congrats!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
xxweisxxm6 is infamous around these parts
congrats on the car.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys
I LOVE the M6 so far.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Looks great! Great color for the M6! Got any interior shots?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:51 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
What are you opinions on the ride and drive? I am looking at one and coming out of a CLS63 and am curious on the comparisons.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^^I havent driven the cls63, only the 55...but...from what I got, even though the m6 doesnt feel faster for the majority of its rev range than the cls anywhere, the m6 feels surprisingly faster after 5.8k...its really an awesome feeling. Where the CLS felt like it slapped you with torque from the getgo in the face, the M5/6 power sensation builds like...well...an orgasm for lack of a more descriptive term. The agility of the M is worlds above the cls and rather than feeling as heavy as the cls does, it feels more akin to a car atleast 500 lbs lighter. The transmission is obv not nearly as smooth as the merc in auto mode...so if youre a "smooth operator" and like to just roll along, you wont like it...but seeing as how you have an atom...me thinks you like a more involving drive. The m's gearbox is really sweet and the 7speed is a ton of fun and geared pretty closely for this kind of car. The fit and finish may not quite be the cls'...but its pretty damn good!

EDIT...the ride of the m5 is quite smooth...but I think its a bit less compliant than the cls in the comfort setting...

Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sechsgang
^^^I havent driven the cls63, only the 55...but...from what I got, even though the m6 doesnt feel faster for the majority of its rev range than the cls anywhere, the m6 feels surprisingly faster after 5.8k...its really an awesome feeling. Where the CLS felt like it slapped you with torque from the getgo in the face, the M5/6 power sensation builds like...well...an orgasm for lack of a more descriptive term. The agility of the M is worlds above the cls and rather than feeling as heavy as the cls does, it feels more akin to a car atleast 500 lbs lighter. The transmission is obv not nearly as smooth as the merc in auto mode...so if youre a "smooth operator" and like to just roll along, you wont like it...but seeing as how you have an atom...me thinks you like a more involving drive. The m's gearbox is really sweet and the 7speed is a ton of fun and geared pretty closely for this kind of car. The fit and finish may not quite be the cls'...but its pretty damn good!

EDIT...the ride of the m5 is quite smooth...but I think its a bit less compliant than the cls in the comfort setting...
Thanks. I am starting to think I might need to just keep the CLS. Maybe get a new set of wheels for it and an exhaust and call it a day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New M6 owner