BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Juice Box?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Juice Box?

Anyone know anything about this? Looks like it uses a map already in the OEM ECU for the e90 335's. I heard this is a better alternative than the v2.

Any info floating around?

David

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
There is a ton of info out there. My suggestion is go to e90post.com and go under Forced Induction section. You will have about 2 weeks worth of reading material.

Cliff notes -- helluva good product and even more so for the price. I didn't want to fool around with the piggyback systems like JuiceBox, ProCede, Xede so I got the SSTT which is an easy "plug n play" that does not mess with the car's ECU. The others provide more HP/TQ than my SSTT but 320-330 whp is fine with me

Hell, its easy enough. Here ya go

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
A buddy of mine has it on his 335 auto.. for the money, you can't top it... About a quarter of the price of a procede chip... and just about as much power...

Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
WilyB is infamous around these parts
You can make it yourself with about $15 worth of parts from Radio Shack. I'll try to find the link.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
"All you need is a 1k ohm resistor and a 330 ohm resistor. Join them in series. Hook the 1k ohm end to a signal ground (pin 34 in the black subconnector (in the large ECU connector). Hook the 330ohm end to TMAPin. Connect TMAPout to the point where the 1k and 330k ohm resistor join. This is called a voltage divider. Fully passive and costs less than 1 dollar to make. Maybe another $10 if you want to use BMW pins to avoid any cutting or splicing.

You can raise or lower boost by changing the 330ohm resistor. Lower values will drop boost. Higher values will raise boost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bypass one solenoid when doing so.

Not the ideal tune by any means but it will put down just as much power, on pump gas, as the other non-microcontroller based products out there. For less than the price of a Bic Mac."

By Shiv on e90post.

Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WilyB
"All you need is a 1k ohm resistor and a 330 ohm resistor. Join them in series. Hook the 1k ohm end to a signal ground (pin 34 in the black subconnector (in the large ECU connector). Hook the 330ohm end to TMAPin. Connect TMAPout to the point where the 1k and 330k ohm resistor join. This is called a voltage divider. Fully passive and costs less than 1 dollar to make. Maybe another $10 if you want to use BMW pins to avoid any cutting or splicing.

You can raise or lower boost by changing the 330ohm resistor. Lower values will drop boost. Higher values will raise boost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bypass one solenoid when doing so.

Not the ideal tune by any means but it will put down just as much power, on pump gas, as the other non-microcontroller based products out there. For less than the price of a Bic Mac."

By Shiv on e90post.
have you done this by chance? just curious.
i'd be very concerned about the reliability...

Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
No, of course I have not, but if you buy a Juice Box, this is more or less what you get.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by WilyB
No, of course I have not, but if you buy a Juice Box, this is more or less what you get.
FYI that crap shiv posted is not a Juice Box don't let him fool you. I know because when I had my juice Box I made 330whp on a mustang dyno and an hour later some guys with V2 made 295 whp lol. V2 is not all that.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:17 AM
Jmoney: Congratulations on your dyno results. I am sure the JB makes some good power, and I am not saying it is a bad product. Actually it appears to work as advertised. I was just pointing out that it is just an easy DIY. Listen to the "inventor" himself:

Hi gang, thought I'd give the 2-3 people that care an update on how my DIY tuner project is coming along.

I spent a few hours last night fiddling with the IAT sensor, and found adding ~50 degrees of temperature results in ~2 degrees less timing, all else being equal. This is a good thing, but not good enough to run the 12/13psi I'd like to run. I've come to the conclusion that we need to richen up the target AF ratios (big surprise!)

So, this morning I did a little web research and headed off to radio shack to make something more sophisticated. It's been a lot of fun learning exactly how all these little components work, and today I got a lesson in transistors. These are of the NPN variety.

The basic concept is the circuit turns on @ ~5psi and richens the AF ratios up ~1-1.5pt (adjustable) across the board. Later I'll throw the IAT attenuator back to pull out ~2-3 degrees of timing over 5psi, and if all goes well I think I'll be able to run ~12.5psi on 91 octane.

The breadboard I have is pretty big for testing (around 3"x7"), but I think the entire circuit could easily fit in a small key-fob size box. I've also ordered some BMW ECU connectors to make the entire thing plug and play. Once those and my portable wideband setup get in, I'll throw it on the car and do a little more track testing. I might even pony up $65 for a dyno one of these days.

Everything you see on the board plus the ECU connectors comes to a grand total of about $10.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=radio+shack

Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jmoney
FYI that crap shiv posted is not a Juice Box don't let him fool you. I know because when I had my juice Box I made 330whp on a mustang dyno and an hour later some guys with V2 made 295 whp lol. V2 is not all that.
Exactly. On top of that, who in their right mind is going to throw something together like that crap on a car they paid $50K for when the actual system only costs about $400 from Terry (Juice Box owner) and its guaranteed to work properly.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 AM
Wolf is infamous around these parts
The owner of the company making the Juice Box is involved with a new forum called n54tech.com and there has been a lot of great dialogue on there about all the tuners in a much more professional manner than what has been discussed on e90. If you want some less biased info, go there and talk to Terry directly.