BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

My M5 tuned by ASR Engineering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey iLLM3 , the motor runs were 123 mph which makes it the fastest trap speed of any E60 M5.
The videos were on nitrous but out of the hole it was on pure motor to achieve traction then from 2nd to 3rd nitrous was sprayed. At this point all the demons in hell are released and the M5 motors down the track w/ incredible speed. The best traps speeds w/ nitrous were 125 and 126 mph.
For next month I will have the custom made HRE wheels for the rear (18x11) that will clear over my aftermarket big Brembo brakes. For next month will have Mickey Thompson drag slicks to really hook up and improve the 60' times. Definitely plan to get this bad boy in to the 10's.
Then will have the fastest E60 M5.
Right now in runs 60 to 180 mph there is little out there that can touch this car.
Forced induction though is in this cars future. The future is very exciting.

Cheers, GT3Ranger...Juan
Damn man, mighty impressive, i'm looking at an M5 as a daily too!! Love these car's so much, can't wait to see how everything pans out with your car and runs, good luck man

Martin

Old 01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
holy crap thats fast!! congrats Juan

what does the stage III kit include? mind saying the price range what this engine building is costing?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:11 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
wow, that sounds crazy for the strip but what about on a road course? Is it setup to spray whenever you hit WOT in 3rd +

Old 01-27-2008, 01:27 AM
2001S4NY is infamous around these parts
nice

Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Despite the power this car is my DD. Used for dinner and getting groceries. Driving this car is so nice. My expression has always been, "luxury on steroids".
This car is really not a road course vehicle. Throwing 4,200 lbs around is not optimal performance but still it does impress when you try it.
The nitrous delivery is handled by an additional ECU flash, and it will spray only when you go WOT. That is the normal set up. On the track it is changed to a manual mode to control use.
For more specifics on the system and costs I will recommend you call Abid at ASR (786) 258-0009. The system includes custom designed air intakes which are the only ones compatible w/ the NOS kit. There is a lot of plumbing to be done and in the engine compartment the NOS kit is totally stealth. You can not tell by visual inspection in the engine bay.
It is a fully automatic system, ie. bottle opener and warmer. There's an in cockpit small hand held digital unit to control all the functions. It's kept in the center console and the " window switch" is in the glovebox.
This is well designed and safe if used as instructed.

It is a blast to feel the acceleration. It is addicting!

Old 01-27-2008, 03:16 PM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
sick man, keep up the good work

Old 01-27-2008, 03:27 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
i enjoyed the videos thanks

Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Evan wished you could have come. that night. I understand there will another track night next month. Check w/ Abid for next month. Love to see your ASR beast there.

Evan isn't this stuff the greatest!! All these people who put down nitrous are SO CLUELESS. It just has to be done right.

See you next month.

Cheers, M5Ranger
I was always one of those people who shot down the idea of nitrous even though I had never tried it. I based my hate for it off little hondas that kids slapped kits on that were not designed correctly and the car were not tuned for it... I am a huge believer now, Abid and ASR made an awesome kit that is designed right, tuned right and works extremely well!! I have been through quite a few bottles and everything has performed FLAWLESSLY!! Its amazing having a 4 door sedan spin through 1st, 2nd and some of 3rd and pull the Ferrari next to it Of course there are a few drawbacks like any type of power adder (Have to heat up the bottle to get pressure, have to fill the bottle often if you are like me and can't stop spraying ), but overall its a great power adder when done right! Not one person who has sat in the passenger seat has been able to resist a huge smile or giggling like a little girl HAHA

I will try and make it out to the next event!!
Regards,
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 01-28-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
I like how your exhaust shoots flames on the 2 and 3rd shifts.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:12 PM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
Amazing M5. If you don't mind me asking is the the car 6-Speed of SMGIII?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
very nice.. how much of a shot is it? are you on stock internals? is the car smg or 6speed?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The M5 is an SMG tranny. Knock on wood,it has been flawless. The shifts are wickedly fast almost violent but I love it.

Internals are stock. The other mods are all bolt on stuff.

The kit is a 150 shot.

Cheers,
GT3Ranger

Old 01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
The M5 is an SMG tranny. Knock on wood,it has been flawless. The shifts are wickedly fast almost violent but I love it.

Internals are stock. The other mods are all bolt on stuff.

The kit is a 150 shot.

Cheers,
GT3Ranger
I agree I love the violent nature of the SMG Tranny. Yeah it may be slower and rougher then DSG but DSG just seems so tame compared to it. Best of luck and congrats on a wicked stable.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Impressive results! 709 bhp a LOOOOOOOOOT!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
BD 997 is infamous around these parts
Hello to all, this in my M5 prepared by ASR Engineering. Abid of ASR really knows what he is doing. The car runs and is stout! This car has the fastest 1/4mile trap speed of 123 mph on motor for any E60 M5.
Enjoy the videos of a couple of runs done last week. The car sounds so sweet (turn it up) and catch the exhaust flames.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tdg7XZwuEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EmBc25RBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-h1LYdMlE

We are not done. A 10.9 sec 1/4 mile pass is in our site and that's pretty good for a 4,200 lbs car.
The M5 is developing 709 bhp. Dyno'ed 581 rwhp and 461 lb/ft rw torque. There is much more to be developed for this car by ASR. I am so happy that Abid is local for me.
Do you miss M5board yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My M5 tuned by ASR Engineering